The Sleeper and the Spindle: WINNER OF THE CILIP KATE GREENAWAY MEDAL 2016

The Sleeper and the Spindle: WINNER OF THE CILIP KATE GREENAWAY MEDAL 2016

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Nekako mi je delovalo kao previše rizičan korak i čak sam se plašio da će (da prostite na izrazu) zgovnati knjigu i da će ona izgubiti svoju draž. Few adults will be greatly surprised by the tweaks in plot, but no matter: one isn’t with traditional tellings either. The BBC does an excellent job of choosing voice actors (Gwendolyn Christie is particularly perfect for the role of the warrior queen), mixing the audio, and setting the scene with careful use of a backing track and score, but I just couldn’t get into the story and found myself not paying attention to it. Međutim, glavni i jedini problem ove knjižice je u tome što se Gaimanov tekst jednostavno gubi i postaje minoran u odnosu na Riddellove grafike (a malo je reći da su grafike fenomenalne). The story, intended for a middle-grade audience, is a mashup of the classic fairy tales – “Sleeping Beauty” and “Snow White” – doing its best to overturn some of the tropes associated with these folk tales, particularly around the lack of agency for their female characters.

The art and the words weave a web of imaginative power, an inspiration for those of us who are tired of princesses marrying to be forgotten. Since I've read The Graveyard Book I wanted to read more books by both Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell. Creo haber visto algo que él haya guionizado o participado a nivel audiovisual, pero no había leído nada. A thrillingly reimagined fairy tale from the truly magical combination of author Neil Gaiman and illustrator Chris Riddell – weaving together a sort-of Snow White and an almost Sleeping Beauty with a thread of dark magic, which will hold readers spellbound from start to finish. The bestselling, award-bedecked Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell are reunited in this irresistible fairytale reboot, with vibrant red ink adding lustre to an amazingly beautiful book.With no handsome prince in sight, the queen wakes the princess in the traditional way - but things are not as they seem, and it will take more than a kiss to ensure everyone lives happily ever after.

Comprehensively written with lucid descriptions, The Sleeper and the Spindle is a blend of Snow white and Sleeping Beauty with a few touches from Maleficient. Overall, I highly recommend this audiobook if you are a fan of the book or Neil Gaiman in general, or if you're interested in this story. Neil Gaiman took one of his twisted, rather creepy fairy tale stories and turned it into a 66 page picture book with wonderfully whimsical and detailed illustrations by Chris Riddell (who also did the amazing illustrations in the illustrated version of Neverwhere). We build and maintain all our own systems, but we don’t charge for access, sell user information, or run ads.Join now to access our Study Guides library, which offers chapter-by-chapter summaries and comprehensive analysis on more than 5,000 literary works from novels to nonfiction to poetry.

Once the biographer of Douglas Adams and Duran Duran, he has achieved cult status in the world of Science Fiction with his award winning, unpatronising writing for young people. Any comments disagreeing with what I’ve said – or defending any of the choices made by anyone involved in publishing this book – will be deleted. Penelope Wilton, Gwendoline Christie, Ralph Ineson and Neil Gaiman himself are among the star cast in this captivating fable of love, loss, hope and destiny.You can listen to it FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD on the BBC page or (possibly more reliably) through the BBC sounds app. The story gives a new slant on two well known fairy tales but leaves the reader to work out what is going on and who the protagonists are.

La verdad es que me esperaba que esta fuera una narración más del antiguo cuento de La Bella Duemiente, pero Neil Gaiman le da una perspectiva bastante interesante a la historia, incluyendo personajes inesperados y giros de trama, sobre todo cuando llegamos al final.The added humour made it so much fun and my favourite character of all was first dwarf Ralph Ineson, his rumbling Leeds/Yorkshire accent made great listening, he was cast perfectly and Neil Gaiman been added in himself as Home Secretary was a bonus touch. Then she decides she wants to have adventures instead of marriage and tromps off into the sunset and away from her kingdom. Part of it is the performances - you really can't go wrong with Gwendoline Christie - but also a few extended scenes that make the Queen all the more heroic by reminding her of what she's left behind and by giving her more of a challenge. And to everyone who claimed I’d imagined it being marketed as a LGBT retelling: here’s a link to the new edition published this year by Scholastic UK, WITH THE SNOW WHITE/SLEEPING BEAUTY KISS ON THE COVER. A queen who is about to get married over her objections takes off to a neighboring kingdom who is in the grips of a strange sleeping spell.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop