SAWYER PRODUCTS Mini Water Filtration System

SAWYER PRODUCTS Mini Water Filtration System

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Micron sizes: There’s a very slight difference in the percentage of bacteria and protozoa filtered out for each water filter due to the micron size. The Sawyer mini filter is 0.1 micron size but the Lifestraw’s is slightly bigger at 0.2 which means more bacteria can get in. The Sawyer Mini Water Filter is taking the bushcraft world by storm, it has the highest biological filtration at absolute 0.1 micron, yet with a fast flow rate and a 100,000 litres guarantee, you will never need to replace this sawyer water filter. Looking at this travel water filter, it looks like a tiny dumbbell or some sort of battery. This hollow plastic tube that houses the filter inside feels very light in my hand. One end has a capped mouthpiece and the other end has a nozzle with a screw ring. Overall, it feels tough and durable. Hydration and Drinking Keeping hydrated is vital, especially for arduous trekking and hiking. Here are the best hydration accessories including drinking flasks, bottles and water filters.

Sawyer Europe - Sawyer SP128 - Mini Water Filtration System

It’s also the lightest portable water purification system on this list, weighing in at only 70g – although you will need to have your own water bottle at hand.The Sawyer Mini Filter which uses a microfibre filter with absolute micropores of 0.1 microns that lets the water through but filters out the bad stuff including bacteria, protozoa or cysts like E. Coli, Giardia, Vibrio, Cholera and Salmonella typhi. What you get out is clean safe drinking water. A great addition to your outdoor kit, no more carrying your water into the wilderness.” My Take On It Pouches and Wallets In certain areas, the type of pouch or wallet you carry can make all the difference between being safe and being in danger. Here are the best pouches and wallets to conceal money, passports and other sensitive information. The Grayl Geopress is one of the best water purifiers for international travel. Press purifiers: Grayl Geopress

Sawyer Mini Filter - Trekitt

On balance, neither my dad or my brother have faced similar issues when using the Sawyer Mini and it has rapidly become my dad’s water purification system of choice. Like the Steripen Adventurer, you can filter water in advance as you squeeze dirty water from the provided container through the filter and into your own bottle. The Sawyer Mini water Filtration System proves to be one of the lightest and smallest portable water filters around. It’s ideal for outdoor activities, travel to countries with questionable water or just home use. A good water filter will provide us with safer water to drink from taps at home but a travel filter will provide us with drinkable water from a number of sources including mountain water, muddy puddles, lakes or streams.

Shop Similar Items

Toiletry Bags Brushing teeth, make-up and grooming, all things one must do frequently. The best toiletry bags will store your toiletries so you can easily access them every morning and night.

Sawyer Europe - Accessories Sawyer Europe - Accessories

This is a really handy filter that you can use as a straw to drink straight from a water source – or, if you want to keep your knees clean, from water scooped into a cup. You can also screw it onto any bottles with a standard mouth and that includes Coca Cola bottles, Evian bottles or your own re-usable – anything with a 28mm threaded top. Because gravity, rather than your hands, is doing all the work, this version of the Sawyer is a lot more durable. Additionally, the Sawyer Mini filter that comes with it has the same long lifespan – 100,000 gallons of water or, what the manufacturers claim is equivalent to a lifetime of water.

One annoying thing about the Sawyer Mini is that is has a very slow flow rate of 1 liter per 5.5 minutes. I personally don’t mind this so much. I kind of enjoy filtering the water each morning as I cook our camp breakfast.

SAWYER Mini Original Water Filter Value Set with drinking SAWYER Mini Original Water Filter Value Set with drinking

Filling up the Sawyer pouch or your dirty-water bottle is tough in shallow water sources. As talked about in this forum, there are all sorts of things that people use to scoop shallow water into their Sawyer pouch. Here are some ideas: Laptop Bags No matter if you’re carrying a laptop for business or pleasure, it needs to be kept safe and secure. Here are the best laptop bags for casual and business travel. Protects against harmful bacteria, protozoa, or cysts like E. coli, Giradia, Vibrio cholerae and Salmonella typhi (which cause Cholera and Typhoid). That said, if you’re just starting out with the Sawyer Mini, you’ll want to invest in a couple of spare bags in case you do spring a leak. SummaryPerhaps the most widely-used means of purifying water is through chemicals such as iodine or chlorine. Chemicals – streams and rivers can carry harmful pollutants, from agricultural pesticides to heavy metals associated with mining and industry. Water filters– such as those like Brita filters you might find in your home – can remove impurities such as small particles and unpleasant odors such as chlorine (which is often used to kill micro-organisms in the water to ensure that it’s safe to drink in the first place). It can also get extremely tough to press if the water has lots of sand or silt in it, so you’ll probably want to try and pre-filter this (a handkerchief or similar piece of cloth can be useful for this).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop