The Pharmacist: The most gripping and unforgettable debut

The Pharmacist: The most gripping and unforgettable debut

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For Scottish-Egyptian debut novelist Rachelle Atalla, human behaviour is one of her greatest fascinations. This horrendously claustrophobic, utterly absorbing debut. The fiercely controlled narrative beautifully translates the horrendous grip of dismal routines and tiny, stolen pleasures The novel is written with an unexpected beauty and clarity, with many instances of how resilient and kind many people are in the most appalling of circumstances, and this has the effect of almost stepping into the shoes of the people who are in this unbelievable and horrific situation. The author reveals small, intimate moments of love, bravery, fear and sadness, but also of hope.

They wear boiler-suits and sand shoes and live cheek-by-jowl in dormitories. Devoid of the comforts of their old lives, hope is hard. While the slow build was done well, there wasn't enough of a hook at the start to draw me in and keep my attention through that build. The events felt too mundane (for the world), not promising enough to snare my attention and make me wonder where it was going to go. There weren't any questions I desperately wanted an answer to.Rachelle Atalla nails the claustrophobic atmosphere and brings this world to life convincingly in her impressive debut Highly original I remember reading that and thinking it was so ambitious with the scope of the world that she created. The latter half of the documentary reveals how Schneider collaborated with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), as well as local authorities to discredit Dr. Cleggett. Eventually, Purdue Pharma, the group behind the invention of OxyContin — one of the most addictive painkillers in the United States — was sued by multiple states for its role in the nation's burgeoning opioid crisis. The documentary concludes after highlighting that Purdue Pharma filed for bankruptcy in 2019. The incredible twist no one saw coming She was a troubled and difficult person who I couldn't really connect with. Her dealings with others in the bunker, as their Pharmacist, were limited and most often, mundane. Once she connected with a couple of other people in the bunker I found Wolfe to be more human and thus, more likeable. This is a very well scripted book that piques the interest throughout. Alice, a woman in her fifties, is admitted to a care home with the classic symptoms of dementia however is she as confused as it appears?

It all begins when Schneider's son is murdered in the late 1990s while attempting to secure drugs. As the police embark on a long and complicated investigation, Schneider starts to notice how many prescriptions for opioids are being abused in his town, which eventually leads to a takedown of "big pharma." The murder that started it all

This horrendously claustrophobic, utterly absorbing debut. The fiercely controlled narrative beautifully translates the horrendous grip of dismal routines and tiny, stolen pleasures’ DAILY MAIL I can see exactly why others would love this book - the slow build of unease that things are wrong, but not what, is well done and the heavily removed style mimics the wearying effect of living in a tightly controlled world for a claustrophobic effect. However, it wasn't enough to engage me with this book.

I don't feel good about [the murder]," Hall said in the documentary, revealing that he agreed to a plea deal when charged with manslaughter in 2000. "I was just trying to get the heat off me. I just made up a story… I thought I had everything figured out. I was dealing drugs, and I thought I was a big boy."The New Medicine Service is available at pharmacies to give you extra help and advice if you're just starting on a new medicine for one of the following conditions: I think that underpins all my writing — from short stories to screenwriting and the novel.” Dystopian thriller A woman’s mind begins to spiral as she tries to sort out truth, lies, and mysteries about her family in a novel by the bestselling author of Abduction.

The people are identified only by their surname and allocated positions according to their professions in their previous life. The main character, Wolfe, is a pharmacist who is responsible for dispensing medicines prescribed by Dr Stirling and the two of them have a close association. Wolfe is also assigned an assistant to help during the day shift. Not my usual genre but im grateful I was chosen to receive a early read as I found Rachelle Atallas penmanship completely captivating. Newsweek reports that she pled guilty to dispensing controlled substances in 2009, after accepting a plea deal due to her accident. "I plead guilty to one count even though I knew that I had not done what they stated I done," Cleggett says, and the film clarifies that she never went to jail, although she has promised to never open another clinic again. Investigators also ended up arresting 17 other people who allegedly were distributing drugs prescribed by Cleggett to buyers in Louisiana.

The show is blessed with several compelling talking heads apart from Schneider himself, not least a reformed big-pharma drugs rep who announces yet another abrupt shift in the plot by dramatically barking, more than halfway through the series: “That wasn’t the end! That was … the beginning!” Atalla's speculative literary thriller debut draws you in with its mounting sense of tension, disquiet and desperation The story begins as Schneider, a Louisiana-based pharmacist, solves the murder of his son, discovering a major twist in the process.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop