Bake Your Way To Happiness: Recipes and Strategies to Nourish and Heal

Bake Your Way To Happiness: Recipes and Strategies to Nourish and Heal

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Many things just fall into your lap now. Don’t take a wait-and-see attitude, but get down to business!

The whole aesthetic evokes the notion of the cheerful farmhouse kitchen, despite bearing no resemblance to the dark, scruffy farm kitchens I remember from growing up in the country – cats perched on dog-eared piles of Farmers Weekly, shelves lined with ancient, grimy newspaper. It is important that Bake Off is not set in the antiseptic surroundings of an urban studio, but rather in a carefully chosen and people-free landscape, which can be glimpsed through the windows of the marquee. (This year and last it has been pitched in the gardens of Welford Park near Newbury in Berkshire.) This is the English countryside in all its May-time loveliness – which the viewer actually watches months later, as they contemplate damp September – to be admired through lovingly filmed heads of cow parsley nodding under the weight of spring raindrops, or via long shots of fields of buttercups. The great thing about cake is it doesn’t feel like work. You forget about work. Kids, adults, they all get the same look in their eye when they’re decorating cakes. That’s the magic right there.”(Duff Goldman) Baking for a little person in your life is fun and special — making something alongside that little baker is even more joyous and memorable. The excitement, whimsy, and pure joy that children bring to baking makes me smile in a way that feels like I'm smiling with my whole heart. Obsessive doesn’t even begin to describe my love for cake. I’ll even fight little children if I have to. The early bird gets the worm, and the early baker gets the sweets. From bread to cinnamon rolls to coffee cake, these morning baking quotes will leave you feeling perky and ready to face the day ahead!A new mom, fresh from maternity leave, once became flooded with emotion at the sight of the Lemon Chess Pie I baked her. I now think of that recipe as “Happy Aime Pie,” because I can't have a slice without feeling uplifted by the memory of her joy. 7. We use baking to show who we are. There was a new spirit in the land, one that had been quietly gathering strength in the boom years, and found new resonance in a post-crash Britain. Knitting circles became chic. New branches of the Women’s Institute, hitherto firmly associated in the national imagination with the dowdy, jam-making elders of rural communities, began to be founded by thirtysomethings in fashionable urban neighbourhoods. (A branch calling itself the Shoreditch Sisters, set up in 2007, has concerned itself with crocheting protest signs and campaigning against female genital mutilation.) I also really loved all the added recipes in this series. It's a nice homey touch and it feels like I'm being let in on family secrets. Home-baked happiness tastes better than store-bought happiness Ingredients: 45g butter, 3 egg whites, 60g icing sugar, 60g flour Flour and butter, cream and sugar, words and images, all the ingredients for a rich, tasty story.” – Rona Simmons

Cat and Robyn are at it again! When a surprise brings Cat and her enemy Nate together, their worlds are turned upside down. There is no choice but for them to work together and try to fix the situation. Can they find a way to stand one another long enough to fix the biggest problem Cat has faced? It’s also OK if you’re just really excited to eat whatever gooey, delicious thing comes out of the test kitchen next. There’s always another employee-owner at King Arthur who is right there with you.

In any other context, ‘icing’ is a great and exciting word: The proverbial icing on the cake, for instance, is a bonus — a wonderful thing on top of another wonderful thing.”(Steve Rushin) I can’t even cook an egg. The only thing I can do well is baking bread. I love it and find it incredibly therapeutic.” – Ben Fogle

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop