There's Just One Problem...: True Tales from the Former, One-Time, 7th Most Powerful Person in WWE

£9.9
FREE Shipping

There's Just One Problem...: True Tales from the Former, One-Time, 7th Most Powerful Person in WWE

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Besides that, it's really funny and fun to read about all the peaks and valleys that one deals with when dealing with Huge personalities like The Rock, John Cena, and of course, Vince Mcmahon.

Mildly interesting, especially the "inside baseball" bits about The Rock vs John Cena over Wrestlemania 26-28. As expected, the job is not an easy one, and operating under a man with a work ethic the likes of Vince McMahon is a job that can only be done by select few individuals. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. It’s a laugh out loud, can’t put down, sad that it’s over kind of book and I loved every second of it. But something funny happened over the course of several years and attendance of live Smackdown, Raw, and pay per view events.

Throughout this journey Gewirtz found himself becoming both friend and antagonist to some of the biggest names in WWE history – Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena, Stephanie McMahon, Bill Goldberg, Paul Heyman, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and the two men who he worked the most closely with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. For the IWC (Internet Wrestling Community, or hardcore fans who follow "the dirtsheets") there are plenty of tales told here out of school for the first time. So when he uses these terms in context throughout the book as it moves forward, you feel like a bit of an insider privy to the wrestling lingo and experiencing these situations like you’re in on the storylines. And because of that we have a book that gives a bird’s eye view of the backstage goings on of the WWE, post Attitude Era, right through the Ruthless Aggression Era and beyond.

Hauptsächlich schade, dass man nicht mehr über die Geschehnisse hinter den Kulissen erfahren konnte. I simply could not put this tremendous book down, finishing it in two sittings within a single day—and lost count of how many times I laughed out loud along the way. I am a Creative Mind with the ability to think outside the ox and the flexibility allows me to think creatively in terms of other niches as well, apart from my current niche.For every career-spanning biography or origin story penned by names like The Rock, Terry Funk, Edge, Chris Jericho, Jim Ross (among, as I said, scores of others,) There's Just One Problem. Gewirtz worked closely with top stars like The Rock and Steve Austin throughout The Attitude Era, and he stayed with the promotion until 2012.

I never met someone in the wrestling business that wasn't a wrestler that had as much knowledge and insight as Brian. When Gewirtz ran the promo by Triple H, he nodded and said “Sounds Good” but he was clearly not amused. Amidst allegations of Flash action figure payola, the infamous wrestlers court, multitudes of laughs, made-up words, 5 second poses, roasting local sports teams and battling at WrestleMania in my hometown over a Japanese shampoo endorsement (you knew I had to mention it), we've both ended up where we needed to be. How does a low-key personality deal directly with his boss, the most brash, unpredictable alpha male on the planet, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon?

With all that being said, we learn that working for Vince McMahon can be at times all-consuming and always demanding. True Tales from the Former, One-Time, 7th Most Powerful Person in WWE is his account of his fifteen years in the WWE which saw many stars shine and fade, promotions come and go, with the only constant being the whims of Vince McMahon, the chairman and his need for control. Yeah, he helped with the scripting of promos and segments on the weekly shows and monthly pay-per-views. For casual or non-wrestling fan readers, Gewirtz defines wrestling terminology as he uses it -- there's plenty of context, too, so even casual or lapsed wrestling fans will have no trouble keeping up with the story.

Am not sure about all the negative things said about this seller by other people,,, because my experience was completely different, totally positive. Just this past July, Gewirtz was cleaning out his parents' basement when he stumbled upon old wrestling action figures, some of whom — like his childhood hero "Rowdy Roddy Piper" — he later got to work with while constructing episodes of Monday Night RAW or the annual WrestleMania. Easily one of the funniest, most entertaining books I’ve ever read, and I have a PhD in funny / not funny.Throughout this journey Gewirtz found himself becoming both friend and antagonist to some of the biggest names in WWE history - Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena, Stephanie McMahon, Bill Goldberg, Paul Heyman, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and the two men who he worked the most closely with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Affiliate Disclosure: Evolve Media Holdings, LLC, and its owned and operated subsidiaries may receive a small commission from the proceeds of any product(s) sold through affiliate and direct partner links. But also anyone intrigued by the inner workings and day to day highs and lows of working for a cultural behemoth like World Wrestling Entertainment. Brian Gewirtz has presided over one of the most transformative periods in pro wrestling history and been one of the right-hand men of its kingpin Vince McMahon.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop