All Day And A Night Movie Poster 70 X 45 cm. (NOT A DVD)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

CUTE ROOM DECOR:Unique posters make a great additional to any apartment bedroom, bathroom, office, dorm, or living room decor. In July 2018, Ashton Sanders, Jeffrey Wright, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Regina Taylor joined the cast of the film. Elsewhere, however, All Day and a Night plays like an urban crime thriller made with more earnestness than style. It appears that JD has little wisdom for Jah and neither Cole’s script nor his direction stick the landing vis-à-vis any kind of cautionary tale for Jah’s own son. This is relevant because Singleton crafted what I believe to be the ne plus ultra of this type of film.

Saddled with an excess of voiceover and a shuffled flashback structure that keep the characters at an emotional distance, All Day and a Night feels familiar in both its bleakness and its ultimate offering of hope. There is great power to be had in Jah’s story if the filmmakers had taken care to build momentum or even vise-like tension.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. I'm a Huge Ashton Sanders fan so I really wanted to like this movie but the writing just didn't do it for me. You don’t even need to watch it and I bet you will have guessed at least 95% of what happens based on the plot description and your knowledge of other movies. Jahkor (Sanders) never wanted to be like his father (Wright), and his father never wanted to see his son in prison.

Sanders’ quietly mesmerizing performance refuses to let anyone cast Jahkor as either victim or villain, instead locating a tricky middle ground. Now, compare this scene to the one in Spike Lee’s “ Clockers” where the same actress puts Jah’s notion into action by fiercely protecting her ward at any cost.His latest is about a young rapper from Oakland who struggles to deal with the repercussions of his actions. The reciter of said narration is by Jah ( Ashton Sanders), whom we first meet creeping through his neighborhood to crash the end of a house party. On March 20, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had greenlit a new film entitled All Day and a Night written and directed by Joe Robert Cole.

Yet there’s an excitement to seeing this landscape of yearning hunger and cyclic rage treated with neorealist humanity. Jahkor meets his son when Shantaye brings him along with her and also assures that his son will not end up like him or JD.

Great cinematography with beautiful colors and textures in the film but the script and storyline was very dry. This is not to say that such movies should not exist, but do we have to get the same damn movie over and over? This is a grim, at times lurid tale with hard observations about growing up poor, Black, and male in America — about the cycles of defeat that can land multiple generations in prison — and many of the details have the sting of the rap songs that permeate the soundtrack. FEATURES: We are good at making canvas posters, making high-quality posters is our pursuit, Different from paper posters, canvas posters have better quality and longer shelf life. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging .

His success spawned a seemingly endless series of “hood movies,” of which I became extremely sick of watching.Nowadays, this material is tired unless the movie can offer a different or more detailed take, one that imparts the filmmaker’s own vision rather than a carbon copy of what once worked. Instead, it substitutes a Cliffs Notes-style narration that sounds as bored as Harrison Ford’s in “ Blade Runner.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop