Wrong Place Wrong Time: Can you stop a murder after it's already happened? THE SUNDAY TIMES THRILLER OF THE YEAR AND REESE’S BOOK CLUB PICK 2022

£7.495
FREE Shipping

Wrong Place Wrong Time: Can you stop a murder after it's already happened? THE SUNDAY TIMES THRILLER OF THE YEAR AND REESE’S BOOK CLUB PICK 2022

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you love a book that pulls you away from your normal thought processes then you will adore this. And, right then, it had felt, suddenly, like spring, even though it began to rain again only minutes later.If you're wondering how this got through editing, you and me both. Jen is distraught and worried, when she is finally able to fall asleep, she wakes up and finds that it is yesterday. What? Enter major Groundhogs Day vibes. She goes through the day and after a night’s sleep wakes up and it is the day before yesterday. Each day is a day before the murder and Jen uses that time to learn more and more. But will she like what she learns? Will it be enough to stop a murder before it happens? If you enjoy a mystery, suspense and time travel story with a hints of “Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle” then you will love this. Think of second chances, time loops, a mother's unconditional love, smart moves, and unintended consequences.

A remote weekend getaway for two couples soon turns into a nightmare when they accidently discover a naked woman running through the woods. Being the good samaritans that most people are they take her in, believing they will help her only for her kidnappers to turn up on their doorstep instead, determined to leave no witnesses. But her appearance has set something off, perhaps because Jen knows he is lying, perhaps not. There is some sinister undercurrent now, like a shark in the water." I'm still conflicted on whether or not the audiobook was the way to go with this one. On the one hand, the narrator is fabulous and does a wonderful job inflecting various voices for the differing characters; on the other, it made it more difficult to keep up with the jumping timeline and easier to zone out on the more repetitive parts. Take from that what you will. 🤷🏻‍♀️ This was such a gripping read, I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was such a great story I really liked Ash's character such a strong willed woman!Ryan’s instant love of a few days and willingness to throw everything away for Jen was a bit too unbelievable. The narrative drags on and on as repetitive incidents occur over and over again and we get to hear Jen’s inner thoughts about how she’s not a good mother and that she’s a lawyer (If you took a shot each time you explicitly said she was a lawyer, you’d be dead now).

This Groundhog’s Day premise is engaging from the first chapter. I did figure out part of the twist, but it may not be as obvious to those who are new to this genre. This was a five star read until the last minute of the book, as the ending felt rushed. The reader deserves a more detailed explanation into why the time loop was initiated! CAN YOU STOP A MURDER AFTER IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED? . . . DISCOVER THE MOST TALKED ABOUT THRILLER OF THE YEARA spellbinding "whydunnit" . . . A novel with a difference. Richly layered, it makes other psychological thrillers seem thin and unimaginative SUNDAY TIMES 'THRILLER OF THE YEAR' The problem with this book is that it takes some time for the reader to get accustomed to the author's writing style and how she crafted the book. Some readers might feel irritated when they start reading it as they won't understand what is happening in the initial part. I found that the middle got a little slow for me and I found myself getting distracted easily. I also had to listen to the epilogue twice to fully understand it. Again, I think reading the book might have been more enjoyable for me.

A mother's love, protectiveness and the fluidity of time. Interesting subjects and wrapped inside a unique framing. Possible? Probably not, but I know many people who wish it was so. It is midnight on the morning of Halloween, and Jen anxiously waits up for her 18-year-old son, Todd, to return home. But worries about his broken curfew transform into something much more dangerous when Todd finally emerges from the darkness. As Jen watches through the window, she sees her funny, seemingly happy teenage son stab a total stranger. You can’t believe it when you see him do it: your funny, happy teenage son, he kills a stranger, right there on the street outside your house. You don’t know who. You don’t know why. You only know your son is now in custody. His future shattered. This was my first book by this author. It may take me a long time before I read something else by her. The way things go sometimes when you write novels is that you pour your life lessons into your work, but they very often teach you things in return, too, like they are sentient beings themselves. Some novels have taught me small lessons, some large, and Wrong Place Wrong Time the largest of all: that to have a child will be a lot like falling in love, as simple and as complex as that."

Retailers:

The reason why Ryan remained as Kelly. I understand it was because Joseph would one day get out and didn’t want him to find out that he was undercover. But then it seemed like a silly idea because he has had to spend his whole life in hiding so that the police don’t know and to be prepared for the day Joseph is free. I didn’t really believe this line of reasoning perhaps because there wasn’t enough build up around Joseph and how dangerous this guy was, I’m told not shown. You don't know who. You don't know why. You only know your son is charged with murder. His future is lost. In the first half, McAllister was doing entirely too much showing and trying to shove character traits down our throats. YES we understand that Kelly has dry wit and is anti-establishment. YES we get it, your father was repressed. YES we can see you struggle with parenting guilt. Thankfully after she stumbled through this first half, she really hit her stride. Homegirl was spittin motherhood AND marriage facts. And she even tapped into some "telling" that evoked many emotions – especially during the scene with her dad. Both phases of parenthood – the newborn years and the almost-adult ones – are bookended by sleep deprivation, though for different reasons."

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop