Hormone Repair Manual: Every Woman's Guide to Healthy Hormones After 40

Hormone Repair Manual: Every Woman's Guide to Healthy Hormones After 40

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Your period is not just your period. It is an expression of your underlying health. When you are healthy, your menstrual cycle will arrive smoothly, regularly, and without symptoms. When you are unhealthy in some way, your cycle will tell the story. I truly believe as a society we have been gaslit into thinking that hormonal birth control is a feminist concept, but what would ACTUALLY be feminist is learning about the female body and teaching folks with a female reproductive system how to properly take care of it, and maybe, just maybe, doing some research into male birth control (as I understand the technology very much exists but funding for clinical trials and approval does not). I appreciate the author’s sentiment that she’s not 100% against using hormonal birth control, but it should be prescribed only if the person using it is fully aware of what it actually does to their body (it doesn’t “regulate your hormones” - it shuts them off) and/or other less invasive options have been carefully considered and ruled out if the birth control is being used for a medical condition. Which is typically never the case. The book my patients have been waiting for.' Dr Peta Wright, gynaecologist and women's health advocate

Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones

Containing invaluable advice for women of every age and circumstance, and detailing natural treatments from nutritional supplements to a healthy diet, this book promises to help women change their relationship with their menstrual cycle.

Hormone Repair Manual: Every woman's guide to healthy hormones after 40

I am going to guess that this will probably be one of the most formative books I ever read in my life. I don’t know that it’s necessarily the best book out there on the topic, but because it’s the first one for me (you better believe I have like 8 more on hold at the library) it’s the one that is going to shift my thinking the most.

Hormone Repair Manual by Lara Briden eBook | Perlego [PDF] Hormone Repair Manual by Lara Briden eBook | Perlego

This lively, clear and supportive book provides positive and helpful information that many women need as they approach perimenopause and beyond.' Jerilynn C. Prior MD, author of Estrogen's Storm Season The UL for vitamin B6 is 100 mg, but the book recommends supplementing up to 150 mg ( https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Vit...). I do wish the dietary recommendations were a bit more realistic. Majority of people, myself included, don't have the time or money for lamb shanks and salmon steaks as regular dinners (same for the breakfast and lunch suggestions), just saying. I felt that I had to disregard most of the diet suggestions and will have to figure out my own system for that. It seems geared toward people who have a good chunk of money and time, which I doubt is the majority of readers.

This book states that omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids found in vegetable oils promote inflammatory prostaglandins. This claim is not cited. In fact, omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids have not been shown to cause inflammation in humans (PMID:22889633) or even to increase arachidonic acid (PMID: 21663641). What’s more, a science advisory noted that in human studies, higher levels of omega-6 PUFAs were associated with decreased levels of proinflammatory markers and increased levels of antiinflammatory markers (PMID: 19171857).

Hormone Repair Manual - Lara Briden

Llevo varias semanas buscando libros sobre la menstruación para hacer un vídeo. Y siendo sincera, me ha resultado muy difícil. Más allá de libros de ginecología, no había prácticamente nada en español. Tanteé el terreno con Diario de un cuerpo (Erika Irusta) para conocer a fondo el ciclo menstrual y me encontré con una perspectiva feminista (BIEN) centrada en el tabú de la menstruación. Hormonas, cambios, ciclos; hasta ahí bien. El problema fue que toda esta maravilla nadaba en la verborrea innecesaria de la autora. This book will not mention when a study is done in mice or in vitro. Even if this book is for the layperson, it is still important information. To give one example, the book states, “endometriosis has been linked to dioxin exposure in the womb.” Yet the reference is an article about mice (which do not menstruate).

PDF EPUB Download

Why should we have to shut down a woman's entire hormonal system just to accomplish the simple job of preventing pregnancy? Fertility is an expression of health, not a disease to be treated with a drug." Estrogen, etc and there’s significant clinical and observational research that says soy could help hormonal issues assuming the woman doesn’t have thyroid problems 🤷🏻‍♀️ I had hoped that this book would be “here are some alternatives you could try instead or in conjunction with hormonal BC” but it was really more “your bc is bad, stop it.” And of course I have to disclaim that maybe not everything in this book should be taken at face value, as it is really just based on one ND’s experience and her interpretation of the scientific evidence where it it exists (which is often scarce for any kind of women’s health issues, see Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men by Caroline Criado-Perez for an infuriating primer). But like… it makes so much sense. It make more sense than anything I have ever heard or read before. I am unwilling to believe it is some sort of conspiracy by the anti-sugar lobby or something. As well the majority of treatments discussed are very non-invasive and can’t hurt to try. I can’t imagine one getting LESS healthy from cutting sugar and alcohol from their diet, for example. (As mentioned above though, there’s an element of having the resources to do so involved, which is outside the scope of this book and a symptom of larger societal issues.)

Copyright © Lara Briden 2021

Even if you aren't currently experiencing period problems, I would still recommend this book to all women. Whether you're a teenager who just started menstruating, you're approaching menopause, or you're somewhere in between. Chances are, you'll experience period problems at some point in your life. I would have loved to have this book available to me when I started experiencing period problems myself at the age of 15. It's never too early or too late to take a good hard look at your period health and try to understand what your body is telling you.This book also covers the multiple different kinds of PCOS (admittedly I had no idea there were multiple kinds of PCOS!) and how to treat each one. Everything women’s health in under 15 minutes by an experienced naturopathic doctor and bestselling author of the books Period Repair Manual and Hormone Repair Manual. Simple explanations for topics such as PCOS, endometriosis, hormonal birth control, perimenopause, and more. The book states the EWG is a good source for further reading on environmental toxins. However, the EWG is a terrible source of information. They have financial ties to the cosmetics and foods they rate well ( www.ewg.org/about-us/funding). When analyzing pesticide data from the USDA, the EWG uses unscientific methodology (PMID: 21776262). When testing pesticide levels themselves, they create their own random benchmarks ( www.ewg.org/news-and-analysis/2018/08...). Other issues: she strongly discourages a vegan diet but gives no supporting evidence except that “vegan diets may be low in certain vitamins and minerals” 🙄 🙄 this can also be said for the typical western diet. For vegans, she recommends they take a number of supplements, like taurine, but doesn’t say why, what they do, how they will help, what a low level might do, what food sources might have them, and why a vegan might be “low” in the first place. Most of these things cannot be tested for—that is, you can’t know if you’re low or not. The book my patients have been waiting for.” ~ Dr. Peta Wright, gynecologist and women’s health advocate

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop