My Naughty Little Sister: A Treasury Collection

My Naughty Little Sister: A Treasury Collection

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

They took a spoon each and scraped off the creamy stuff and ate it. And then they began to eat the nice, spongy inside. Bad Harry said, 'Now we've made the trifle look so untidy, no-one else will want any, so we may as well eat it all up.' Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS . Retrieved 12 June 2017. Marriages Dec 1942 Brown Dorothy V. E. Edwards Brentford 3a 752

Edwards' most famous stories are of My Naughty Little Sister, which she conceived to keep her daughter, Jane, quiet whilst on a family holiday in 1950. She wrote five books of these stories. She also published several anthologies of short stories, folklore and poetry for children, chiefly on the subjects of magic, witchcraft and ghosts. Two of these are Ghosts and Shadows 1980 and Mists and Magic 1983.Her father taught her to read at an early age, enabling her to write her first story at four years of age. Her stories, poems and articles were published throughout her twenties, and at this time she married her husband Francis P. "Frank" Edwards in 1942, [3] and had two children, Jane and Frank. She died in 1982 and was buried alongside her younger sister Phyllis Mary F. Brown, known as "Pip", (1920–1977), [4] [5] to whom her Naughty Little Sister books were dedicated. [1] [6] She was survived by her husband, who died two years later. [7] Works [ edit ] Publications [ edit ]

Dorothy Violet Ellen Edwards (née Brown; 6 November 1914 – 8 August 1982) was a children's writer from England best known for her My Naughty Little Sister book series and novel The Witches and the Grinnygog (1981).

Keep in touch

While the premise of many of Shirley’s books remained constant, she was innovative in the ways of telling them. A wordless picture book, Up and Up (1979), was followed by Chips and Jessie (1985), the first in a series of titles told in comic strip format as a way of helping emerging readers move from just pictures to words. My Own Naughty Adventures: Encourage the children to write about a time when they were a little bit naughty but in a playful and harmless way. They can describe the situation, what happened and how they felt during and after. Looks so tasty, doesn't it? I just don't understand what's going on. But I know who'll get the blame for it. She then studied at the Ruskin in Oxford. According to her autobiography, A Life Drawing (2002), her application to Oxford was based on the misinformation that the city had an ice rink and she “rather fancied myself on ice”. At Ruskin, she studied life drawing, laying the foundation for so much of her later illustrations.

Much later, she wrote fiction: The Lion and the Unicorn (2000), a short novel with many illustrations for six- to eight-year-olds, and two wartime adventures, Hero on a Bicycle (2012) and Whistling in the Dark (2016). In 2012 she published Dixie O’Day: In The Fast Lane!, the first in an illustrated series created jointly with her daughter, Clara Vulliamy. For her last book, written at the age of 92, she returned to the story of the lost toy dog with a seasonal sequel, Dogger’s Christmas, published in 2020. We're all a bit naughty sometimes, aren't we? You should meet this girl. She's called My Naughty Little Sister.

More clips from Bringing Books to Life 2

Have you read any books where the main character is a bit mischievous? What happened in those stories? Born as Dorothy Violet Ellen Brown into a working-class family, her father taught her to read at an early age, enabling her to write her first story at four years of age. Her stories, poems and articles were published throughout her twenties, and at this time she married her husband Frank Edwards and had two children, Jane and Frank.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop