Powerless: The must-read, small-town romance and TikTok bestseller! (Chestnut Springs Book 3)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Powerless: The must-read, small-town romance and TikTok bestseller! (Chestnut Springs Book 3)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

They just get each other so easily like no other person can. Sloane understood him and stayed with him just wanting to be there by his side just to listen to him talk and even in his silence.

I loved that Jasper and Sloane got to go in a road trip, it gave them the perfect opportunity to be themselves away from their usual environment. This couple was everything! The tenderness, the longing, the consuming chemistry. Elsie effortlessly builds the bond between friends and lovers: fearful hesitation and soulmate connection perfectly side by side. I fell so in love with both of them, both trying to free themselves from perceptions of themselves, to choose their own needs and paths, to find the courage to build the life they want and deserve. Two childhood best friends. Two broken hearts. One impromptu road trip to get away from everything. Now onto the ship I didn’t had on my bingo card WINTER and THEO. I honestly wanted Winter and Beau for the reverse grumpy sunshine dynamic, but it seems like I’m getting it either way so I’m not too sad about it. What was going on with Beau was pretty interesting and added a lot to the book, I think the bond between Beau and Jasper plus his actual role in the Eastons family was well caricatured this way so we could understand better why he didn’t want to risk it all.In true Elsie slow burn fashion, there was pining and SO MUCH LONGING. It was delicious and tortuous. I loved the scenes at the ranch and with Harvey. And all the cameos at Gold Rush Ranch. Jasper and Sloane have known each other since they were kids. Sloane is a cousin to the Eaton’s, and Jasper is an honorary Eaton. Sloane has always had it bad for Jasper but with Jasper being older than her, as well as Sloane being related to the Eaton’s, nothing ever happens between them. Until Sloane is about to get married. Then everything changes. Also, the fact she KEPT WEARING HER ENGAGEMENT RING for 40% of the book was stupid. She left him at the altar, she never loved him, it was an arranged marriage (basically), she felt nothing when he was caught cheating and yet she kept wearing the ring? like why?? The guy was an absolute shithead and yet she didn’t throw the ring off until LONG after the wedding was supposed to take place? and I mean weeks after. STORY: I was expecting to love this book. It was a bit underwhelming. It fell flat. The chemistry was not really there. After longing and loving each other for 18 years, the couple didn’t seem to be fight for each other. And then when, Sloane was getting married, Jasper was so passive. He was not just passive when she was about to get married, he was mega slow and passive when the 80% mark came and they almost broke up. I don’t understand whey he was so unmotivated to get his girl was single. He didn’t really make a move. It just wasn’t there for me. I was actually just waiting for the book to be over. They had one or two sexy times and it was fun. They do have some sexual chemistry. But it felt flat.

Right from the start, it's the stuff of banter-y dreams. I was grinning at the screen, then smiling, shaking my head, and then hot and bothered. Do you doubt me? This cowboy's a real piece of work, and Willa is just the right one to ride him. You know, save a horse and all that.Taking care of you,” he replies without even looking my way. His tone says that I just asked him a stupid question. I even like the little shimmer of silver strands dusted throughout his dark hair. Older guys. They’ve always done it for me. But can I just say… I didn’t know I needed to hear Teddy Hamilton tell me to throw away my jewelry and crawl. M’kay.

Sloane has been in love with Jasper since she first laid eyes on him through a window when she was ten years old. Jasper has been pining for her for as many years. But they were always friends. Never crossed that line because they couldn’t. When her wedding goes up in flames, Jasper is there to help her through it and be exactly what she needs. And I loved every second of it. Grumpy cowboys and steamy romance... Welcome to Chestnut Springs: the big-hitting, small-town series from TikTok sensation Elsie Silver. Elsie Silver definitely made us wait for it in this book, but it was simple so good. It fitted the characters and their connection perfectly and I couldn’t put this one down. Jasper had been through something life altering in his past, and the people that should have stayed beside him, left him behind. It was heartbreaking to read, and it was even more heartbreaking to read how this made him doubt everyone. Guys the audiobook is narrated by Teddy Hamilton who is the best Jasper one would want, and CJ Bloom who brings Sloane to new level. I just loved their narration!

Creative Play

Powerless is the third book in Elsie Silver’s ‘Chestnut Springs’ series and I am obsessed! Seriously, every book in this series is incredible! Friends to lovers, age gap, unrequited love, sports romance and forced proximity. So many troupes I love! willa and cade were so perfect for each other, and luke was such an adorable side character. sometimes kids can really be annoying in books, but he was so sweet! it was also so nice to see summer and rhett after their book, and the rest of the eaton family 🫶🏼 and omg the hot tub scenes 🤭 The beginning of this book was him being grumbly, and her being fun, but both of them being hot for each other and fighting it. Pretty standard for this trope. They dance around each other, he resists because he’s too old for her, she’s his nanny etc etc. until he stops resisting and then hoo doggie, things got really hot down at the ranch. I love it when a taciturn grouch turns into a dirty talking boss in the bedroom. And Cade had a filthy mouth and bossy ways. 🥵 It was 1 am in the morning and I was sweating. Sweat drops running down my spine and my forehead from how legitimately stressed and turned on I was.

While Sloane is hiding out at the ranch, she and Jasper take a road trip to Ruby Creek. While on the road, feelings are made known and there’s ‘only one bed’ ;). I loved watching these two come out with their feelings. It was such a beautiful romance. Two childhood friends. Two broken hearts. One impromptu road trip to get away from everything. That’s all this was supposed to be. After all, I’ve been living in the friend zone for years now. I have adored this entire series from Elsie Silver so much. But this one - it just might take the cake. Jasper was EVERYTHING I wanted him to be AND MORE! It’s a small world, but Ruby Creek is even smaller. When I move to the tiny town, the grumpy facade I’ve created slips when we’re forced to live under the same roof. yes i wanted to bang my head against a steel door bc the smut was cringe at times and their family joking around that they’re cousins…they’re NOT!! not by blood, not even legally!! those bitches from credence were more blood related than them 😒It was beautiful and comforting to watch them FINALLY acting on their feelings after years of ignoring each other, and the way I was feeling all giddy and giggling because of their sweet and wholesome moments and their sweet friendly banter and here and there touches like they just can't get enough of each other. They were always made for each other. The moment they laid eyes on each other they knew that no matter what happens its always going to be Jasper and Sloane against everything in this world. and a thank you to everyone who kept telling me this series got better bc if you guys would’ve lied to me i would’ve raged quit this app 😗

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop