Long Shot - Special Edition (Hoops)

Long Shot - Special Edition (Hoops)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And I so wish I could get my hands on Caleb! I'd choke him with my bare hands and gouge his eyes out. One thing to note, he didn't change throughout the story, his venom never diluted, just distilled to potency and for which I must applaud Kennedy. She never gave him an out, or attributed his vehemence to obsessive love. Nope, he was pure evil through and through! Iris is young when she first meets Caleb, she is swept of her feet by the golden boy in Basketball, she has her own ambitions, her own future to look forward to. Iris is a strong independent young woman with a mother who used men her whole life to get what she wanted and Iris is determined to break the mould, determined to go through life being dependant on nobody. All Iris's plans and ambitions are destroyed when she finds herself in a relationship with an obsessive, possessive man, a violent and destructive to the soul relationship she didn't see coming. Long Shot is a book that left me speechless once I finished reading. That doesn’t happen to me very often, but the story was so profound, it took me a while to find my words. This book is unlike any story I’ve read before. It’s one of those books that will stay with me. If I had one word to describe it, I would say it’s powerful. It’s real, raw, intense, and a book that makes you feel everything.

Seven words to describe Iris DuPree: Naïve, lonely, meek, impressionable, stubborn, conflicted and patient. When they finally reconnect, the pull they've always felt towards one another is too strong to deny. They momentarily give in to their feelings, and for that moment, all seems right with the world. Until that moment has passed and reality comes crashing down.... Long Shot is a basketball, sort of second chance romance that starts with one night at a bar that changes two people’s lives forever. It is the night before August’s big college final game, and Iris is a basketball fanatic that came to the bar to catch her beloved Lakers play. August was just looking to blow off some steam, but he wasn’t planning on meeting someone who he would never forget. The chemistry is instant and so damn good. I truly believed that these two characters were real and were soulmates and it was a damn treat to be inside their heads. The romance in this book is so damn swoon-worthy. August West is a God among men, and Iris is one of the strongest protagonists I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading about, and August is so deserving of her. And not only is the romance perfect and the sex amazing, Iris and August’s friendship is always on display and seeing it grow into something more was something more beautiful that I have words for.If you want to know if I recommend this book, the answer is YES. It doesn't matter if romance is your preferred genre or not. This is a book for everyone. It's a story that needs to be heard, and Kennedy did an amazing job telling it. I hope you give it a shot! Wow, I was blown away with this story, not only does it awaken the awareness of domestic abuse but tells the story of two relationships, one that was destined to heal and one that had the potential to destroy. The distinct, prominent, and important voice of author Kennedy Ryan speaks volumes in Long Shot. This book hails as an emotional experience in reading as Kennedy Ryan daringly takes a risk to stand up, tall and proud, and use her voice to enlighten, to prove love eventually conquers all, and to pay tribute to the strength and resolve all good men and women have within them. This book, gosh this book, it's not for the faint of heart. It's not all 3 pointers and dazzling smiles from hot ballers - that's there of course too, don't worry. But this one - it's dark and scary too. It's takes you to a place I hope you've never been but will understand more after reading it. It's really tough quite honestly. But it's also freeing and more than worth every single word.

A journey of girl trying to raise herself with hopes and dreams in her eyes, wings stretching just to take flight when EVERYTHING in her life just comes go a standstill. She's snatched from her golden trail and thrown in the thorny bushes of her circumstances . And she bleeds so bad, her spirit, her soul, her dreams, her body, all are dessicated. If you were mine, Iris, there would be no doubt what position you’d hold in my life. You’d be center. I’d play you at the five.” Long Shot (stand-alone). A bad decision, years of regrets, a love that could never be, but for the dream that kept them alive! Long Shot (stand-alone) is the against-all-odds love story, spanning years, between NBA superstar and businessman August West and college grad and aspiring sports marketer Iris DuPree.I am wife to the love of my life, mom to a special, beautiful son, and a friend to those living with autism through my charitable foundation. NEWSLETTER: Iris and August meet just before their lives changed. They were just two college students who met at a dive bar and have a mutual love for basketball. Who both, at one point, have felt like they never really belonged. It was easy to open up to a stranger who seems to understand you more than anyone else, and that's what they did that night. There was a connection neither of them can deny, they just can't do anything because they're going on different paths in life.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop