In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom

In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

They may not be the same as my desert, but we all have to cross them to find a purpose in life and be free. I am most grateful for two things: that I was born in North Korea, and that I escaped from North Korea. Yeonmi juggles a very busy lifestyle between studying and working, but her hard work pays off when she ranks 14th in her class in the spring semester of 2013. Mother and daughter settle in a rundown apartment in Asan, and Yeonmi begins reading to catch up with her education. She and her mother find the broker, who assures them they will reunite with Eunmi if they cross the river.

They made me think I could make it when nobody else believed in me, when even I didn’t believe in myself. Indeed, today she is a human rights activist working determinedly to bring attention to the oppression taking place in her home country. We don’t feel like human beings: people don’t feel that they can connect with North Koreans, that we’re so different. Hongwei’s business becomes risky and unprofitable, and Yeonmi and her mother are soon able to convince their captors to let them fend for themselves.

Later, he is arrested and imprisoned for smuggling metals from Pyongyang and forced to work in reeducation camps. Park’s important memoir showcases the strength of the human spirit and one young woman’s incredible determination to never be hungry again. Until now, I had always thought that being free meant being able to wear jeans and watch whatever movies I wanted without worrying about being arrested. These things shouldn’t be allowed to happen to anyone, because another Holocaust is happening and the west is saying: “It isn’t happening, it’s a joke, it’s funny – things can’t be that serious. With the onset of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, the Chinese regime cracks down on the North Korean human trafficking network.

Because I wrote it not only using my own memory, but using my mother’s memory, my sister’s memory, using the memories of the people who escaped with us.

A modern alternative to SparkNotes and CliffsNotes, SuperSummary offers high-quality Study Guides that feature detailed chapter summaries and analysis of major themes, characters, quotes, and essay topics.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop