Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Dark Roast Instant Coffee 190g (Pack of 6 Jars, Total 1.14kg)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Douwe Egberts Pure Indulgence Dark Roast Instant Coffee 190g (Pack of 6 Jars, Total 1.14kg)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Unless I'm expected to drink dishwater-style coffee, surely how much instant coffee I would add to a mug would depend on the size of that mug? It just seems odd to me that this information isn't given, and that there is no legislation to cover it.

According to caffeine informer, when it comes to 100% Arabica, there is on average 145mg of caffeine in an 8 ounce (227ml) cup of drip/filter coffee, and 107.5mg in the same size cup of cafetiere coffee, and 77mg in a single shot of espresso, and double that of course in a double shot.If coffee was clearly labeled making it easy to see how much caffeine is going to be in each cup of coffee depending on how many spoons of coffee they put in each cup, then anyone needing to limit their caffeine intake would be able to do so much more effectively than just guessing. Surely this shouldn't be difficult to do – one heaped teaspoon of coffee equals however many mg of caffeine? I then looked at other jars of instant coffee in various different supermarkets and found the same to be the case. We're not able to buy alcohol until we reach a certain age, and this is deemed so important that someone like me who apparently doesn't quite look their age (I'm always surprised and flattered) is often asked for ID when buying wine in a supermarket – despite the fact that I'm very close to 40. Since caffeine is also beneficial in some cases and could be a negative thing in some cases if overused, depending on the individual, doesn't that in some ways put caffeine in a similar realm to marijuana?

They list decaf among the alternatives along with water and fruit juice, which would seem to imply that decaf has no caffeine? Decaf isn't caffeine-free, it's reduced. In Europe, it has to be 99% caffeine-free, i.e. no more than 1% caffeine. Cappuccino. The name bears its resemblance to the brown cowls of the Capuchin monks of the Catholic Church The only supermarket available brand I've discovered so far that does tell you the caffeine content is illy, who supplies the information that their caffeinated coffee contains no more than 1.5% caffeine, and their decaffeinated no more than 0.05%, again though this doesn't make it all that simple for a consumer to work out how much caffeine is going to end up in their cup. What About Cups & Glasses?? Coffee naturally contains the active supplement caffeine. Normal coffee beans contain between 0.8 percent and 2.5 percent caffeine depending on origin and variety. Decaffeinated coffee is not entirely caffeine-free. In European Community (EC) countries, roasted decaffeinated coffee may contain a caffeine residue of 0.1 percent and coffee extract 0.3 percent. There are two commonly used methods to extract caffeineof which we use Dichloromethane method for our Instant coffee. But I do think that there should be legislation that makes it an obligation for jars of coffee, something that can be found in 80% of British households, to display the caffeine content, in a simple to understand format, so that consumers have a much better idea of how much caffeine they are consuming. What about speciality coffee?

Selling or possessing other naturally occurring drugs could land you in prison, so why is it that one naturally occurring drug is completely illegal in the UK, but another one can be sold in supermarkets within products without any information regarding how much of the drug it actually contains? The above info is all fine if I was asking about warnings on coffee products or safety information, but what I have asked about is the labeling of instant coffee in respect of sharing the caffeine contents per cup/teaspoon, it doesn't seem that the food standards agency have given this much thought.

Instead, it doesn't tell me anything about caffeine but tells me that there is a trace of salt and fat in a “serving” of coffee.They also said they can't divulge the Robusta to Arabica percentages in any of their coffees as it's confidential recipe information, fair enough. But what about clear labeling with regards to caffeine per serving, in a way that is easy to measure, such as xxmg per heaped teaspoon? How about ground coffee & beans? Thinking of grinding your own beans? This is one of the best ways to dramatically improve the quality of coffee at home: So that's great, tell me how much there is of stuff which of course instant coffee granules are going to contain hardly any of, but leave out the most important active ingredient in coffee, the DRUG caffeine, and leave me to guess how much of that each serving contains.

For reasons of hygiene and safety, personal grooming products, cosmetics or items of intimate clothing cannot be returned. When it comes to speciality coffee from small batch roasters, (like my own The Coffeeworks) we know exactly what coffee it is, most of the time it's 100% Arabica, which makes it easy to work out, and if it's an espresso blend with Robusta, roasters usually tell us what the % is, so we can work it out there or thereabouts. If you’re looking to consume as little caffeine as possible, then decaf instant coffee is the best choice. Also, look out for the more expensive arabica decaf as that will contain around half the caffeine content of other cheaper decaf coffees. What is the healthiest coffee?Originally known as the Kenya Coffee Company , they started distributing coffee to Britain in 1923. Shortly after, they opened a coffee shop in Sloane Square and then changed their name to Kenco in 1962. Who owns Nescafe? But as I continued to research, it dawned upon me that I am not wrong, I'm not missing something, it's simply the case that most big brands do not give any precise information or even any indication as to how much caffeine is in their products. Nestlé owns the NESCAFÉ brand. Nestlé is a Swiss multinational food and beverage company and is the largest food company in the world based on sales. Its headquarters are in Vevey, Switzerland. Who owns Jacobs coffee? Actually, they made a mistake initially and told me there were 3.4 grams of caffeine in Nescafe Original, 2.3 grams in Gold Blend, and so on – which would be an insanely high caffeine content, but it seems they just made an error when trying to convert from mg to g. Where caffeine has been added to a food product (other than a drink) for a physiological purpose, the words ‘Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children or pregnant women’ on the label.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop