Run, Rebel

Run, Rebel

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Note: I was sent a copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest review as part of the blog tour. Praise for Run, Rebel - a Guardian best book of 2020: A tightly crafted series of punchy, often heartbreaking narrative poems . . . Mann's brilliant, coruscating verse novel lays out the anatomy of Amber's revolution, and the tentative first flowerings of hope and change. Guardian If you’re a man, read this book for yourself. Learn from it. Raise your son to never be a part of culture that glorify discrimination and sexism. Break the cycle by boosting your sons’ awareness of the value of others, including women.

However, it’s not a straightforward journey; it’s not as simple as just getting out and starting fresh. There are consequences. There are terrible stories of those who have attempted to start a new life before her. And there’s Amber’s dad, who is falling farther into alcoholism every day, regularly beating Amber’s mother in the process. The Themes Throughout the course of this poetic piece, we follow Amber, Surinder (her Mom), and Ruby's journey towards the better, and see their characters grow.The dialogue is written in an interesting way: rather then being written with the traditional speech marks and line breaks, it’s written in different fonts and typefaces like bold and italic for each of the different characters. If you only like traditional prose, this won’t be the book for you. But if you love books that are written in a creative, unique way, definitely give this a go. Read This Book If…

One of the shortcomings from my point of view is it was so happy to be real I am not saying it was forced happy ending cause it wasn't at all, I just felt like it was too good to be true. Even though I was in a bad need for happy ending. And when I read the Q&As section I found out the author herself thought it was kinda strange and she wrote it " Darker" according to others opinions. Run, Rebel is a trailblazing verse novel that thunders with rhythm, heart and soul - perfect for fans of Sarah Crossan, Elizabeth Acevedo and Rupi Kaur. Honor killing/ crimes, domestic violence, women, girls, feminine, education, poverty, environment and circumstances, women, girls, friendship, bullying, women, girls, traumas, being a she/ her. This book is so satisfying brilliant. It’s been told in verse which I really love. Another gem that I think doesn’t get enough recognition it deserved. It’s a moving story and profoundly inspiring. A must read book!!

by Manjeet Mann

The themes made this quite a heavy read, but it was also very hopeful and empowering. There's a lot of depth and a lot of character development, and not just from the main character. I'm honestly in awe with how well written this was, and with how the author needed so few words to make such a strong point.

If you know anything about my reading tastes, you’ll know that I really love novels written in verse. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’ve written a whole post about verse fiction here .)

Select a format:

Run, Rebel is a trailblazing verse novel that thunders with rhythm, heart and soul – perfect for fans of Sarah Crossan, Elizabeth Acevedo and Rupi Kaur. I knew from the prologue on that this would be a truly beautifully written, feminist novel. And it honestly only got better. This is a novel written in verse about a Punjabi family living in the UK. It follows our main character Amber Rai, who is trying to make sense of everything around her after her sister, Ruby, is forcefully married off.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop