Everyone You Hate is Going to Die: And Other Comforting Thoughts on Family, Friends, Sex, Love, and More Things That Ruin Your Life

£8.495
FREE Shipping

Everyone You Hate is Going to Die: And Other Comforting Thoughts on Family, Friends, Sex, Love, and More Things That Ruin Your Life

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A lot of serious points about life (and death) told by one of the funniest comedians ever to come out of Scotland, so they end up funny anyway. Sloss is one of my favourite comedians of all times and I think he is really talented and insightful. My favourite thing about his comedy is that it always has a valuable message behind it, which blends extremely well with his really dark humour. Daniel Sloss is a brilliant mind. Despite what he says in his books and standup. I think he should be considered an observer for the modern era of critical thinkers. He makes valid points, shares his ideas and does something absolutely incredible through his writing. One of his greatest gifts, is making people laugh and suddenly, out of nowhere silences the auditorium. He pulls it off in written words. Well, typed out but you get the idea. His writing is fantastic. I love his Netflix specials. Amazing comedic timing and deliveries, all in all a perfect combination of wit, comedy and wisdom. I’ve replayed them countless times, and every time it’ll sent me into fits of laughter. Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die: And Other Comforting Thoughts on Family, Friends, Sex, Love, and More Things That Ruin Your Life full book

Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die: And Other Comforting Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die: And Other Comforting

After a friend recommended Jigsaw and Dark. I have gone on to see Daniel live. This book did not disappoint.read Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die: And Other Comforting Thoughts on Family, Friends, Sex, Love, and More Things That Ruin Your Life In the first book from one of this generation's hottest and boldest young comedians, Daniel Sloss presents a transgressive and hilarious analysis of all of our dysfunctional relationships, and attempts to point us in the vague direction of sanity.

Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die - Penguin Random House

The lads chapter is discouraging. It’s like he *sees* toxic masculinity, and even uses the term, but he doesn’t really quite have the self awareness to see how his behavior perpetuates it. In another uncomfortable section, he talks about a male friend whom he believes committed sexual assault; this is also a really tough section to listen to because it’s painfully earnest and, to my way of thinking, he draws all the wrong conclusions: he pathologizes this person and makes them into a monster, missing the broader culpability of rape culture. It’s just not a problem Sloss can solve by ostracizing one dude and deciding there was always something funny about him anyway so that’s all dealt with. Politics aside, it seems like something he’s struggling with, and it’s uncomfortable to watch him process it in the context of a banter-y book. Giving this 4 stars because of how often it had me quite literally laughing out loud. Sometimes to the point of tears. And at situations described in such wildly inappropriate (to my Frail & Delicate Southern Flower ears) language! Sloss uses comedy as a means to not only make his fans laugh but also to raise critical questions about the way we act . . .”—Christina Zhao, Newsweek I’m so glad I got the Audible version, since I got to hear Daniel read the whole thing, like a very sweary bedtime story… that takes 6+ hours… This is a laugh out loud funny book; Sloss’s sense of humor is brutal, and if you enjoy comedians who don’t shy away from darkness, you’ll find a lot to like here. (See for instance, the title, the cover. One of Sloss’s standup specials was about the death of his disabled sister, and another was about a toxic relationship that pushed him to consider suicide. Sloss’s claim to fame is that his comedy has inspired hundreds of couples to break up. Really!! So, y’know… dark!)Daniel Sloss is one of my favorite comedians and even I had front row seats when he came to Athens the September of 2021. I had many laugh out loud moments while reading his book, but at times it was just tedious reading how many times he had sex in his life, or reading some of the same jokes that he wrote for his stand-up specials just with more elaboration. When the book is at its best, it reads like one of his specials, just unedited. If you like his comedy, read it, if you don't know him, binge his three specials and then read it. If you don't like him, this book won't win you over.

Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die - Audible UK

He’s brilliant (the c*nt). He knows he doesn’t know everything about everything, and yet he has an amazing ability to take complex thoughts, make you view them from a new perspective, and while he’s at it, pigeon hole at least 7 wank jokes in there just in case you forgot he’s a cheeky knob. EVERYONE YOU HATE IS GOING TO DIE AND OTHER COMFORTING THOUGHTS ON FAMILY, FRIENDS, SEX, LOVE, AND MORE THINGS THAT RUIN YOUR LIFE

Everyone You Hate Is Going to Die: And Other Comforting Thoughts on Family, Friends, Sex, Love, and More Things That Ruin Your Life txt But there’s also some cringey stuff in here, and worse, some unfocused stuff. I think it could have used a bit more editing, perhaps been about a third shorter – the chapters about his toxic relationship is particularly painful, because he just rants in an angry way without giving many specifics, so there’s not a lot to grab onto. This book was received as an ARC from Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own. not bad for a "pseudo-intellectual narcissist, “anti-love” comedian who broke up all those couples and hates everything in the world"

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop