High Risk: A True Story of the SAS, Drugs and Other Bad Behaviour

High Risk: A True Story of the SAS, Drugs and Other Bad Behaviour

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Starting with Ben's first near-death experience--in a Nazi-themed bar in wartime Yugoslavia-- High Risk is a whirlwind tour of everything from service in the SAS, combat in Iraq, and encounters with a gambling-obsessed 9/11 hijacker, to veterans blissed out on MDMA, hook-ups in the world of extreme sex, and battling a heroin habit on a remote Scottish island. If you’re looking for that I wouldn’t bother with this book—there’s a short piece about an incident when he was a young ‘war tourist’ in a bar in the Balkans during the nineties, where he had a pistol shoved in his mouth, and another about a stint in Iraq, which feels a little aimless after his U. I'm not sure this review is even fair, but I found a lot of Ben's narration techniques to be noticeable and annoying. It's very hard to feel sorry for the character in this book whilst also understanding that this isn't the point.

Suddenly he was a real addict, unable to kick it with his life slowly beginning to revolve round the acquisition and use cycle where everything makes sense because, well, heroin. But the authors struggle with a heroin addiction is mesmerizing…has given me a whole new sympathy for the people dealing with addiction. Funny, chaotic but unexpectedly profound, [ High Risk ] provides not just a clear-eyed memoir of addiction, but an examination of human behaviour and the reasons why some people choose to put themselves in situations that most others would not. Although vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 is considered the central strategy against the pandemic, uptake lags behind target rates.

Starting with Ben’s first near-death experience—in a Nazi-themed bar in wartime Yugoslavia— High Risk is a whirlwind tour of everything from service in the SAS, combat in Iraq, and encounters with a gambling-obsessed 9/11 hijacker, to veterans blissed out on MDMA, hook-ups in the world of extreme sex, and battling a heroin habit on a remote Scottish island. M240 machinegun across the city of Ramadi until the barrel was red hot and glowing translucent, the bullets visible like “demonic frog-spawn” in the barrel. By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file. Starting with Ben’s first near-death experience—in a Nazi-themed bar in wartime Yugoslavia— High Risk is a whirlwind tour of everything from service in the SAS, combat in Iraq, and encounters with a gambling-obsessed 9/11 hijacker, to veterans blissed out on MDMA, hook-ups in the world of extreme sex, and battling a heroin habit on a remote Scottish island. I’ve worked with heroin users in my professional life and seen how devious, insidious and pervasive it is and so it was with Timberlake.

I liked the author’s language and intelligence and some of his recollections as documented here are absolutely interesting and sometimes incredible. That said I fully respect the incredible job that the armed and special forces undertake on our behalf, and am in total admiration of the author as a soldier. Less of a SAS memoir and more a telling of some genuinely gripping, funny, shocking and ( I am ashamed to say) relatable stories about fighting, addiction and a life hard lived.Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). For the soldiers on his houseboat, and for Timberlake himself, there was the possibility of redemption through drugs, of pushing into and then away, from the horrors of warfare.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop