Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2016] [NTSC]

Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] [2016] [NTSC]

RRP: £35.55
Price: £17.775
£17.775 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Jake is joined by gifted rival pilot Lambert (The Fate of the Furious' Scott Eastwood) and 15-year-old Jaeger hacker Amara (newcomer Cailee Spaeny), as the heroes of the PPDC become the only family he has left.

Depending on the setting of the HDR conversion, we can adjust the brightness, but that contrast difference is evident. Incredibly poignant in all that destruction it highlights just how really good the creators of this film are and underscores the talent of the director Guillermo Del Toro. If you like a slow, thought provoking sci-fi story like "2001A Space Odyssey" then this most definitely is not for you! The contrast is pumped in different scenes, but it’s purely intentional and rest assured never distracting. Blade Runner 2049 and Ghost in the Shell are also really good looking movies, really pissed we don't get Valerian and a bunch of other movies in 4K HDR on Apple Movies where I live.They wasted absolutely no time dropping you into this film’s apocalyptic doomsday world and I love GDT for that! Overall, everything you loved about the 'Pacific Rim' is now more immersive, guttural, and exciting than before.

I was expecting a drawn out fiasco to get some resolution but instead found instant refund with this more than fair top seller. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes--a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)--who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. So while I’m still feeling all giddy after just watching Pacific Rim for the first time on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format, let’s get this monster party started! He’s big, bubbly and super nice in person, but I can’t pretend to be his biggest fan in the world of cinema he creates although I do respect his unique visions and the storyteller he is.

Look at that image of Stacker Pentecost, note how the darker detail on his hair and neck is swallowed up by the crush, also looking more posterised and poorly gradated where the crush meets the mid-tones whereas the UHD rolls off the shadows in a FAR better way. Side and rear surround activity is also well placed, particularly in the chaotic drift and dream sequences. Jaegers Echo Human Grace (HD, 4:01) – Find out how the actors trained and got in the incredible shape as this feature explores scenes where great physical prowl and dexterity is required of them.

At startup, the disc goes straight to a menu screen with a static image of the cover art and music playing in the background. e. no fudging with contrast to bring in more highlight range and with no Optimiser usage at all (OPPO is playing the UHD in the photos below, Panny is the BD). I apologize for my inner geek coming out here, but I left the theater twice with a sh1t eating grin from ear-to-ear when I walked out of this one. core which provides more than enough heavyweight presence for those without object-based sound options.

e. tiny little glints of light - then it's not throwing away those tiny little glints as mentioned, it's throwing away massive chunks of clouds or whatever that are living in that artificially boosted high-nit range, thus making it look more blown out than the SDR. I'm in the middle of reviewing LG's stunning E6 OLED Ultra HD TV, which supports both HDR 10 and Dolby Vision, and produces black levels that embarrass the best plasma displays ever made. Computer generated graphics are now so good it's almost impossible to distinguish the real from the CGI, and Pacific Rim really exploits them. Ultra HD Blu-rays, this Digital HD code can be redeemed at VUDU for the UHD version, which features both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos and is, in my humble opinion, the finest looking streaming title available today. Keeping it simple, del Toro has won me over and rekindled my earliest childhood memories and I love him for it.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop