The Republic of Thieves: The Gentleman Bastard Sequence, Book Three

The Republic of Thieves: The Gentleman Bastard Sequence, Book Three

RRP: £10.99
Price: £5.495
£5.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A boy may be as disagreeable as he pleases, but when a girl refuses to crap sunshine on command, the world mutters darkly about her moods.” – Scott Lynch, The Republic of Thieves Somewhere out there,” said Jean, “must be an illness that makes its sufferers meek, mild, and agreeable. I’ll find it someday, and see that you get the worst possible case.”

Gods,” said Jean. He gulped the rest of his own wine and set the glass aside. “I’m going out to fetch Malcor.” Your pig--ignorance of basic medicine is your own misfortune. You sound like an easterner, though, so I can’t say I’m surprised.” At that moment, the old man found the courage for a last desperate struggle. Foul as his temper was, Jean didn’t truly have the heart to stab the poor idiot, and smashed the edge of his knife hand into Loran’s jaw instead. The servant hit the floor senseless. Zodesti darted to a desk in the corner and had a drawer open before Jean collared him and flung him down beside Loran. Jean glanced into the drawer and laughed. I mention all of this because this second time through, I found myself wondering what my problem was the first time. Because honestly, the book is good.obstinate, uh, something... something... biting and witty and thoroughly convincing! Hey, if you leave now, you’ll miss me being thoroughly convincing! Damn it.” Yeah. So, I got the job and I thought to myself... wasn’t there a big man looking for alchemists and dog--leeches just last week? What might they have to say about him? Oh? A bad poisoning? A man bleeding to death in bed at the Villa Suvela?” Cortessa spread his arms and smiled beatifically. “Some problems just solve themselves.” Quit being so hard on yourself. We are what we are; we love what we love. We don't need to justify it to anyone... not even to ourselves.” He’s the only physiker of repute I haven’t got to yet. Some of the others were difficult, but he’s being impossible.” Um.” Jean shuffled the dagger and made it vanish up his tunic sleeve. “Well, my friend, as I said, is gravely ill. You should be aware—-”

You’re murderers and thieves,” said the woman. “You leave a trail of confusion and outrage wherever you go. You’ve brought down at least one government, and prevented the destruction of another for sentimental reasons. Can you really keep a straight face when you damn us for doing as we please?” The carriage rattled to a halt, and the driver hopped down to open the door. Jean, knife half--concealed by the wide cuff of his coat, gestured for Zodesti to step out first. The scholar did, carrying a leather bag and a bundle of clothing. The kind of witty romp that reminds you exactly how much fun heroic fantasy is supposed to be.” — SFX

That's why, in my opinion, shifting gears from first book to second book is THE most difficult part of being a new writer. Welp. Here we are, three years later. Still no release date. Seriously. What the actual hell is going on? An update from the actual publisher would be nice.

You heard,” Jean gasped, “that we’d finally discovered the cure for being born with a face like a stray dog’s ass.” Something might have changed. Something might be different.” Jean grabbed his coat. “Maybe he can help the bleeding. Maybe he’ll finally find some clue—-”

Goodreads Summary:

All that remains,” said Requin, “is for your other judge to concur that you are still a risk worth taking.” The revelations that intersperse this book, the hints at larger plots and dangers beyond what a ‘simple’ fantasy/heist book requires are more proof – if you needed it – that Scott Lynch is working on something bigger than we had ever imagined. With a total of seven books planned for the series, it is obvious that what is to come is like nothing we could have guessed at. You’re the reason we’re here,” growled Jean. “You and your games in Tal Verrar. Your damned letters!” sighs* I adored them so much! They were really damn cute and I found myself grinning when they interacted. Yes, they were that sweet! They were a fine match indeed which made it even sadder that Ezri died while saving them all. That woman was so perfect for Jean, I swear! She gave her life for her friends and family just like Jean would have done. And I think the worst thing about it all is that Jean can’t even be angry at her because if given the chance he would have done exactly the same thing. >_< I’m actually kind of pissed off myself and have an axe to grind with Lynch as well! How dare you to introduce such a great woman just to kill her off again? It’s not fair!! *sniff* I shipped them really hard but I also knew that it wouldn’t last. Truth be told I was afraid Ezri would die the moment Jean really fell for her. It was too good to be true. T_T

Going to fight me off with a letter--opener? Take a seat, both of you.” Jean indicated a pair of armchairs against the rear wall. While Zodesti and his companion sat there, wide--eyed as pupils awaiting punishment from a tutor, Jean cut down one of the drapes that hung beside the study’s shuttered window. He slashed it into strips and tossed them to Zodesti. If she pops up again move it forward ten or fifteen years. I want to see some blushing and stammering next time you wake up.”Whispers,” said Jean. This was much worse than the constabulary. Whispers Cortessa was a top power in the Lashani underworld.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop