Cloud B Twilight Turtle

Cloud B Twilight Turtle

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I’ve used a lot of different types of bulbs and tubes over time to light my turtle’s basking area. Here are some of my favorite bulbs and tubes that I’ve used. So even if a normal light can work OK, a light that is made especially for this definitely has its own advantages. Don’t Forget the UVB Light

This way the moon will be able to light the tank in the same way it lights the ponds and lakes where turtles live in the wild. And during the day the sun will provide some extra UVB rays. What to Do If You Can’t Keep Your Turtle in a Naturally Lit Room Substrate: The substrate you’re using should be appropriate for a box turtle. Coconut coir and sterilized topsoil can work well. This mixture can help maintain humidity and provide a suitable environment for burrowing.This is a great little companion to soothe children to sleep if they are a little afraid of the dark or if they need a companion (the turtle) to be near as they go to sleep. It works as a night light while it is on, but it won't serve that purpose after the light goes off. From my perspective, this little guy also works great for romantic or soothing lighting in the bedroom, out on the patio, or wherever... for the parents. Yes, my wife and I are constantly 'borrowing' our daughter's sleep light because.... well, because it's just so cool. UVB light is a light spectrum of the UV light that plays a very important role in the life of most reptiles, and that also includes turtles. UVB light plays a vital role in the production of Vitamin D3 which is essential for the calcium in the body. At the moment I am using the Zilla Slimline Tropical 25 UVB T8 Fluorescent Fixture with the Zilla UVB Fluorescent Bulb, and I am really liking this setup, and so do my turtles. The only thing that you have to be careful of when you get this setup is that you have to make sure that you have a good place where to put it because it won’t be as easy to place as a bulb setup. Other than that I can just say that this tube UVB light is working great. Overall the best and simplest way to light up a turtle tank is to place it in a naturally lit room. Now let’s get a little more in-depth at why it would be bad to have a light on during the night, and have a look at some types of lights that you can use during the night if you want to take a look at your turtle. Why Turtles Don’t Need a Light During the Night

Those kinds of bulbs also produce some heat, which makes them great for juveniles who need more heat than adults, but they can’t replace a heating lamp which is essential for all turtles, regardless of their age. Naturally Lighting the Tank During the Night This interactive and educational toy includes eight actual constellations (such as The Big Dipper) embedded in the star pattern. Parents can sit with their children and identify these major constellations using the wonderfully illustrated Twilight Turtle Star Guide. Twilight Turtle helps make bedtime fun for children of all ages. Without UVB light turtles (as well as humans and many other animals) wouldn’t be able to get the proper amount of Vitamin D which can lead to improper bone growth, metabolic bone disease, softshell, shell rot, and many other bad things.Unlike the Homestar Planetarium, Twilight's stars do NOT move, and he has just eight constellations; however, these features were fine for our purposes---a simple, comforting product to encourage a little one to go to his own room for wonder, rest, and sleep. Heat Lamp and Distance: If the heat lamp you have is too close and too hot for your turtle, it can potentially cause issues. Consider raising the lamp or using a lower wattage bulb to maintain the right temperature without overheating the enclosure. You should aim for a basking spot temperature around 90-95°F.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop