Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years | Blended Scotch Whisky | 40% Vol | 70cl | With Gift Box | Scottish Whisky | Notes Of Spice | Sweet Fruit & Cream |Neat Or In Mixed Drinks

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years | Blended Scotch Whisky | 40% Vol | 70cl | With Gift Box | Scottish Whisky | Notes Of Spice | Sweet Fruit & Cream |Neat Or In Mixed Drinks

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

After being axed from the core range in 2012 just 6 years after its initial release, the Green Label was relaunched in 2016. The popularity of the Green Label was made apparent after a limited run of bottles were made available for its 10th anniversary and the positive response prompted its return to the core range. The Green Label is one of the three Johnnie Walkers to carry an age statement and for this bottling its 15 years. Keywords: Johnnie Walker, Whisky History, John Walker, Alexander Walker, Striding Man, Blended Whisky, Spirits Act, Square Bottles, Whisky Brand Evolution. As much as I love the JW18, the Chivas Regal 18 is a truly stunning blend. It’s got these wonderful fruity spiced flavours that really dance in your glass. For me, it’s got fantastic depth and nostalgically reminds me of my grandmother’s home made marmalade on toast. There’s a beautiful zing to this whisky but with adult-level spice and complexity. The Service has been prepared by us solely for information purposes to Members and the Service is based on information we consider reliable and we obtain the contents of the Service from a number of different third party sources (including Contributions), but we do not endorse, support, represent, warrant or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of the Services and any information therein. At the upper end of their range is the Chivas Regal 18 Year Old expression crafted by Master Blender Colin Scott. This bottle is made with over 20 rare Scotch whiskies which have been aged for at least 18 years each before blending into this award-winning expression. Taking all the nuances of the 12yo, the 18yo is a much more refined and mature bottling.

No doubt abut it, Chivas Regal and Johnnie Walker are two of the most popular blended Scotch whiskies on the market. With JW being king of the blends and Chivas a close contender, it can be tough choosing between them. Chivas Regal and Johnnie Walker both make blended Scotch whisky. Neither of these brands make single malts. Instead they source malt and grain whiskies from various distilleries around Scotland which they use to make their various ages of blended Scotch. Each and every Member must be of legal drinking age in its country of residence to be allowed to use the Service. If no such law exists in a Member’s country of residence, the Member has to be over 21 years old to use the Service. We have the right to ask you to provide proof of your age and/or to provide further identification to prevent underage usage and/or for any other legal or legitimate purpose. By using the Service, and by creating an account you represent, warrant and confirm that you are of legal age.The pivotal role of John Walker, the founder, and his transition from a farmer's son to a pioneering grocer. Nosing the Chivas 12, there’s subtle hints of heather, honey, and ripe fruit coming through. I also get a mild scent of spice. On the first sip, there’s an immediate peppery heat. Initially, this feels a little harsh, but it does eventually subside to an underlying honey sweetness. Adding a little water certainly helps as I begin to taste a mild herbal aroma. On reflection, I’d definitely recommend adding water from the start to relieve some of the harsh spiciness. Created by master blender Jim Beveridge, the new Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years release is described as a “complex and smooth” combination of “up to 18 different whiskies” from the main producing regions in Scotland. Taste: A comforting mix of warming, malty cereal and smooth creamy vanilla, with fragrant notes of almond and tropical tangerine.

Chivas Regalare owned by French beverage company Pernod Ricard. Their blended whiskies are primarily based around the Strathisla single malt from Keith, Speyside, including 13 more single malts from other Speyside distilleries and one from the Scapa distillery in Orkney. They also use a wheat whisky from the Strathclyde distillery in Glasgow. Compared to the Chivas Regal XV, the Green Label is no where near as fruity or sweet. Frankly, it’s a totally different bottle with much peatier, smokier flavours which can be a real crowd-splitter if that’s not your thing.The finish is long and lingering. The creamy flavours dark chocolate gives way to touches of honey and buttery vanilla before finally fading out into gentle smoky notes. It’s truly a delightful experience that’s enough to convert my single malt snobbishness. This whisky is utterly tremendous. Soft Cereals, Sweet Barley, Salted Caramel, Wax, Apple-Strudel, Apricot/Peach filled Puff Pastry, Citrus Peel (Orange, Mandarin), Charred Oak, Pepper, Cinnamon and Ginger. Yes, Johnnie Walker is a true Scotch whisky. Their blends are made from a mixture of malted barley or wheat, yeast and water in Scotland and aged for a minimum of three years. Their iconic range offers different blends, starting from their Red Label bottle – all the way up to their Blue Label bottle. (An age range of 3 to 60 years!) Straight up, this whisky is superbly fruity. Having been matured in ex-cognac casks for 15 years (hence the name) the Chivas Regal XV met my nose with a subtle sweet and fruity aroma. Nosing my glass, I get faint notes of juicy oranges, subtle peach and soft barley, which for me is a very inviting aroma. Compared to the flavour, the nose is a little weak. Without prejudice to the section Liability below, the Service may be temporarily unavailable during maintenance, updates, etc. We shall make reasonable efforts to inform you of any unavailability due to maintenance or updates.

Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years is presented in a newly-designed, “sophisticated” bottle with gold detailing.No surprises, the 18 year old is by far my favourite from Chivas Regal. It’s everything the 12yo promises, but with a much smoother drinking experience. The depth from the oak and fruity orange flavours are a wonderful combination that really comes to life. No water needed!

Johnnie Walker is one of the most popular Scotch whiskies in the world due to its wide range of blended whiskies. From its signature Red Label bottle up to its ultra-premium Blue Label bottle, there is something for everyone. Their blends are a combination of malted barley or wheat, yeast and water and aged for a minimum of three years, giving it an unmistakable smoky taste that makes it stand out from other whiskeys. We have unrivalled reserves of mature whiskies which give our blenders a palette of flavours unmatched by any other whisky maker and makes it possible to create a blend of the quality of Johnnie Walker Aged 18 Years.” Uniquely, the Green Label by Johnnie Walker is a bit of anomaly within their range. Unlike the rest of their bottles, this edition is the only one to exclude grain whiskies using only single malts in it’s 15 year old blend.Unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise, your use of and membership to the Service are exclusively governed by Dutch law. We shall first try to settle any dispute over a dram of whisky. Disputes that cannot be settled over multiple drams of whisky shall be solely submitted to the court of Amsterdam, The Netherlands unless mandatory applicable law provides otherwise. We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets. We may, but are not under any obligation, to release new functionalities and tools or other features for the Service every now and then. Any new functionalities, tools and features shall be part of and governed by the Terms from the moment they are launched and/or available. Further, we reserve the right to modify, change, discontinue the Service, add or remove features, update the Service, change its appearance, temporarily and permanently, at any time, in whole or any part thereof. The 1990s saw the Johnnie Walker range expanding as the Blue Label, Gold Label, and Pure Malt joined the range in 1994, 1995, and 1996 respectively.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop