TOPPING DX3 Pro+ ES9038Q2M DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Bluetooth 5.0 to RCA DAC, 3.5mm Headohone Output DAC with 1800mW*2, DSD512 PCM32Bit/768kHz Hi-Res Audio DAC, Digital-Analog Converter (Black)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

TOPPING DX3 Pro+ ES9038Q2M DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Bluetooth 5.0 to RCA DAC, 3.5mm Headohone Output DAC with 1800mW*2, DSD512 PCM32Bit/768kHz Hi-Res Audio DAC, Digital-Analog Converter (Black)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

On top of the device itself and the Bluetooth antenna, which you need to install manually, the SMSL C200’s box comes with a rather slim set of accessories which only includes the remote control, a USB to USB-C cable and the power cable. There are also a manual and a warranty card. Design & Build Yes, do test again with the LPS in place. You might be surprised. Apart from that. I do know what you mean by the DX3 Pro having a more centered sound and more pronounced vocals. Internally, the DX3 Pro+ is centred around the ESS ES9038Q2M DAC chip. An XU208 supports up to PCM32bit768kHz and DSD512 native via USB. After Moonriver 2, Kato, and Variations, I had big expectations and it is quite pleasing to say that my expectations were met. The Dawn offers excellent sound quality, and great build and design. It has a compact and portable form factor and has enough juice to drive almost anything you’d need on the go.

Topping DX3 Pro DAC/AMP combo review - iiWi reviews Topping DX3 Pro DAC/AMP combo review - iiWi reviews

Sound quality is superb, build quality is very good, I/O is excellent and the conception design makes it the perfect companion for your computer, whether you’re a MacOS or Windows user. And, if your usual source is a DAP or your smartphone, the USB-C port should offer enough versatility for you to connect. The Violectric DHA V590 is a strong all-around performer. In the beginning, I wasn’t too impressed with the internal DAC, but the more I used the unit, the more I used it as a DAC/AMP combo. They’re just made and tuned for each other. Headphone wise the HDA V590 is a great all-around performer as well. No matter the driver technology used in the headphone, the V590 will sound really good to great with at least 90% of the headphones you hook up to it. My absolute favorite being the Audeze LCD-XC. If you don’t like to carry an additional DAP with you, you can get the Chronos and have an almost entry-level DAP performance in a miniature chassis. I started my testing with Sennheiser HD-650 in high gain mode. Here, there was plenty of power and no hint of strain from the amplifier. Tonal response remained constant up to max volume which was quite loud. But not loud enough to make the cups flap in the wind. No, it’s probably not the best measuring unit in the world, but the HiFi-M8 is a neutrally tuned, highly dynamic, and musical DAC/AMP combo. It to me technically performs well and it offers a lot of connectivity and output options. Sound-wise the HiFi-M8 V2 is natural, exciting, balanced, and musical. What’s not to like?As indicated by measurements directly from TOPPING and third-party testers, you can expect the DX3 Pro+ to have a wonderfully neutral and distortion-free sonic presentation. And that’s exactly what I hear while listening to Aaron Copland’s “Quiet City”. The dynamics are powerful – the details and subtleties are all revealed. Let’s make it short: for the price, the iFi Uno is a very compelling device . Build quality is nice, form-factor is great and the sound is impressive. Top that with a complete I/O thanks to 3.5 + RCA and USB-C, and it can virtually work with everything you own, as a DAC/Amp or a pure DAC When all these great features are combined with perhaps the most powerful amplifier module in this price range, it becomes much easier for me to recommend the E70 & L70. Usage is around 90% on PC thru USB and 10% on gaming console thru optical. RCA possibly with turntable but it would be somewhat niche activity. PC usage includes roughly equal parts of gaming, movies and music listening from a very wide range of genres.

Topping DX3 Pro | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org Topping DX3 Pro | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Thankfully, the DX3 Pro+ comes with a remote for raising and lowering the volume plus changing the settings as mentioned above. The volume changes in 1db increments from -99dB to -10dB before switching to 0.5dB per turn until it maxes out at 0dB.As expected, the build quality of the device is quite good and the device offers an aesthetic design compared to the D series. The price difference between the D10B and the DX3 Pro+ is totally negligible considering you get a much nicer-looking chassis, a great NFCA amp module, and LDAC capability along with other features. I can’t see any milling or assembly imperfections anywhere on the unit. Topping seems to have designed a very competitive product for the market with the DX3 Pro+. Controls & UI You get the lovely precision and clarity from the 1-Bit Resistor Ladder DAC, combined with an excellent technical level and great dynamics. The Cayin RU7 delivers a precise and immersive sound, with a wonderful timbre and lovely harmonics. Cayin has managed to deliver a small, well-designed and top-performing DAC/AMP dongle, using the popular 1-Bit tech. As this technology and the advantages it has, is super popular for the moment, I am sure we will see many more 1-Bit and R2R dongles in the near future. The question will be if they can reach the RU7’s performance and quality, as Cayin has certainly set the bar very high. In terms of overall sound signature, DX3 Pro is very neutral, almost transparent with great dynamics and detail retrieval. When it comes to output modes, the DX3 Pro+ can be used as a headphone amp, headphone amp + DAC, DAC, and preamplifier. This gives it a lot of versatility for the desktop, letting you drive not only IEMs and headphones but speakers as well. Next, that song has some sharp piano sounds. When the keys are hit, it's as if someone is tapping the inside of my skull when listening via the D50 - the sound is so sharp. With the DX3 Pro, that 'tap inside the skull' sharpness was missing. It was a little dulled and veiled. I also noticed that the treble on the D50 was a lot more extended and clearer.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop