One Of Us Is Lying: TikTok made me buy it (One Of Us Is Lying, 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is the recipe this book was made of and since I enjoyed solving the murder mystery I decided that I won’t go into detail all too much. Addy’s mother is critical of her daughters, stressing the importance of their looks and ability to attract and keep the kind of man who can take care of them for life. Addy turns to her older sister, Ashton, when she needs support. I, personally, don’t. Give me darkness and thrills and creeps and gore. Do not give me baseball drama and romantic miscommunication and phones getting taken away, please. I’m not interested.

So, even though it is mostly because of nostalgia, One of Us Is Lying is one of my favorite YA mysteries. You can imagine how excited I was when I heard it was getting a sequel. Seeing the first book’s protagonists as supporting characters was enjoyable experiment. And I actually root for Bronwyn (I hope I spelled right! What a challenging name!) and Nate from the beginning so I liked to see how their a little angsty romantic relationship improved. And of course I liked to see Cooper again! I listened to the audiobook and was pleased that it had different narrators for each of the main characters. Luis Santos: Cooper's best friend and one of the only people to stand by his side after his secret comes out. Maeve Rojas: Bronwyn's younger sister. She is an intellect and takes a proactive role alongside Bronwyn in trying to solve the murder. She has also been featured in a post by Simon. She suffered from leukemia at the age of seven.Bronwyn, who wants to attend Yale, as her parents did, fears that her cheating will be discovered and her dreams for college will be shattered. She tells her parents. They hire an attorney and tell her not to speak with the other suspects. Bronwyn ignores this warning, as she is growing closer to Nate. also i want to make a public apology to my br group for ditching them but you know what guys, your fault, you should have read faster Although the characters and events from book 1 are referenced and included, the storyline and new set of character is what powers this book and I was so glad for it! So this had some killer punches...including one very memorable one at the end. But that doesn’t quite make up for the dead weight (sorry not sorry).

I don't read too many contemporaries but gosh-dang was I glued to this plot - the way the clues were revealed slowly and steadily. It was thrilling. If One of Us Is Lying was a television series, I would binge-watch it wholeheartedly. It's been a while since I've gotten so into a book I've devoured the majority of it in one sitting when I haven't been on a plane. This hooked me completely, and I'm surprised how much I liked it. This book was a pleasant surprise! It was refreshing and a change from the usual young-adult contemporary. This book would make a great movie! Karen M. McManus did a great job for a debut, I'm already looking forward to reading her future books.Mind you this book is so very predictable I figured and saw every twist coming until the very end and I am not lying...no I am not lying !! Also, can we please NOT make the only queer character in the cast a horrible character who cheats and hurts people? AND can we not make the character's coming-out scene a bigger twist than the actual murderer reveal? This book also does some serious vilifying of mental illness, but I won't get started on that rant.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop