LEUCHTIE® Plus LED Light Collar for dogs. Blue size 45cm I approx 100 hours battery life I runs on AAA batteries I waterproof and extremely bright

£9.9
FREE Shipping

LEUCHTIE® Plus LED Light Collar for dogs. Blue size 45cm I approx 100 hours battery life I runs on AAA batteries I waterproof and extremely bright

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Does your dog love to play in the woods? We interviewed one owner who slides an LED collar over her Chocolate Lab every time he explores the woods near her ranch. She is concerned that a hunter might mistake her pup for a deer and uses an LED collar as a way to advertise that it’s a dog. When you first see this LED light, you may wonder how a battery fits inside. It’s powered by a CR2016 battery – you know, those small, flat silver-colored batteries. I had 22 hours of glow time off a single battery. Two batteries are included in the box.

This was the longest product test to date. By the end of the process, we spent a combined 500+ hours researching, testing and reviewing the most popular (and even some unpopular) LED dog accessories on the market. The SpotLit is weatherproof not waterproof. It held up just fine to light rain and even mud that splashed over my messy pup, but it’s not going to hold up to a nighttime swim in a lake or even a puddle. While all collars we reviewed claimed to be weatherproof, only a few were waterproof. So to test these claims, I took each collar out in a snowfall and a light rain. I then observed whether the LED collar shorted out.

LEUCHTIE stands for highest quality: Extremely robust, absolutely reliable and since 2003 proven in its use hundreds of thousands of times worldwide. Just one more point worth mentioning. Be prepared for compliments and questions. I learned on my trip to the dog park that LED leashes are still not commonly known. I had three different dog owners come up to me and ask about the leash and how it worked. If you look closely at the picture above, you can see the glow of an LED dog collar in the shrubs – try spotting that dog without an LED collar! This LED dog collar is weatherproof. Not waterproof. The difference is that the collar can handle some light rain or snowfall. But in a heavy downpour or if your dog decides to paddle in a creek, you’ll ruin the collar.

It goes without saying that LED collars are perfect for walks at dusk when your surroundings soon become dark.

Sizing runs slightly small. Harper, my pup, is ordinarily a medium. To make sure you buy the right fit, use this chart: Size As the collars are completely sealed the interior is out of harm’s way and will not be damaged or suffer from corrosion. However, we then like to go a little deeper to explore more detail about the product by looking at products in the same category as Leuchtie Plus Led Red Dog Collar. That then tells us that there are 3533 products in the Pets category at Waitrose Pet. Don’t be fooled by its tiny size! When facing you, this small LED light is incredibly bright. I could see it from 760 yards away as long as my dog was facing my direction. Thanks to the range of colours and colour combinations available dogs are clearly visible over large distances and can easily be differentiated in the dark.

Dogs are clearly visible in dusk and dawn over great distances (several hundreds of metres) from all sides. Our illuminated dog collars are available in different models, tailored to your personal requirements, and in many intense fluorescent colors. We also offer eye-catching color combinations as well as the possibility to configure a LEUCHTIE dog safety light for your dog according to your individual wishes. Not wanting to wait around with a timer in hand, I set up my webcam to record the glowing dog collars. From here, I simply measured the time on the video from when it was switched on until the time the LED collar stopped glowing. I repeated this process three times and averaged the time. It’s funny – sometimes you come across a product that is so well-made that it doesn’t seem fair to compare it to the competition. I’m going to be straight up with you. After reviewing the LEUCHTIE, all other LED collars look like toys. This LED collar outclasses all others by a long shot.In our test, green was visible from 520 yards away. Red lost visibility at just over 300 yards. That’s a considerable difference. The first LEUCHTIE glow collar was developed for our Shaggy. Since he had a lot of wear and tear on dog collars, the requirements were high: it had to be robust, reliable and durable - waterproof and insensitive to dirt -, stable to withstand rolling and wild romping, and easy to use. And of course as bright as possible so that he could be seen from a long distance when walking at night and no danger threatened him in the darkness.

Even so, I would be hesitant to recommend this as an everyday dog collar – like with all LED collars, there is little reason to use them in clear weather.But I decided to take it a step further. I submerged the LEUCHTIE in water for 24 hours. When I woke up the next morning, the LED collar was shining as brightly as the day before, even after a good dunking.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop