The Little Book of Breathing: Simple practices for connecting with your breath (The Gaia Little Books Series)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Little Book of Breathing: Simple practices for connecting with your breath (The Gaia Little Books Series)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Rapid breathing is generally harmful, but done with conscious control it can be beneficial. (I don’t know about these last two, really) As for the actual breathing ideas? Why precisely 5.5 seconds? What makes this better than either 5 or 6 seconds? Outside of a modern “app” (the stress of whose use might negate breathing benefits) who’s counting half-seconds? Yoga instructor, Donna Farhi, makes breathwork simple and accessible. She guides readers through several techniques that will immediately effect positive change. So, whether you’re dealing with asthma or just everyday stress, she lists safe and positive ways to breathe. Feel to Heal: Releasing Trauma Through Body Awareness and Breathwork Practice by Giten Tonkov Despite breathwork’s increasing popularity, many do not understand the science behind breathing practices. Many also are not aware of the cultural, historical, and philosophical underpinnings of breathwork that make it so powerful. Understanding the theories and facts associated with breathwork will not only increase your knowledge, but also strengthen your practice to make it even more intentional, effective, and fulfilling.

I use breathing techniques to moderate pain and to help me sleep, so I’m inclined towards believing much of this stuff, but the claims about some of the benefits are so far out there that even I’m hearing warning bells. I don’t think some of the milder techniques talked about here are harmful, and many people will find them beneficial. It’s the hardcore stuff that worries me; you could injure yourself severely by trying some of these breathing exercises. Breathing Room: A 28-Day Devotional for Women The top 10 books on breathing and the role it can play in your lifeI love how the author brings up intriguing questions that had not previously occurred to you, such as why humans are the only mammal out of 5,400 different species to regularly have overbites, underbites and snaggled teeth. You’ll learn about the Buteyko Method, various Pranayama exercises, breathing techniques used by Navy Seals, and dozens of other actionable tools to add to your breathwork arsenal, all while learning the science and history behind the practices. Note: This is by no means the definitive list of breathwork books. There are probably dozens of amazing books that our team hasn’t read. If you think we missed one, let us know in the comments below! 1. Breath by James Nestor Why it made our list: Simply put, this book is delightful to read. It’s light on the science but has a plethora of both science-based and ancient (Pranayama, yogic & Buddhist) breathing techniques, all with stunning illustrations and visuals to help guide you along. Nonfiction Book Review: Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor". Publishers Weekly. March 19, 2020 . Retrieved February 15, 2021.

The books in these categories will help you learn more about breathwork from practical, theoretical, and holistic standpoints: None of this should be possible, and yet it is. Drawing on thousands of years of ancient wisdom and cutting-edge studies in pulmonology, psychology, biochemistry and human physiology, Breath turns the conventional wisdom of what we thought we knew about our most basic biological function on its head. Breath was published by Riverhead Books on May 26, 2020. [5] Nestor promoted the book with appearances on The Joe Rogan Experience [6] and CBS This Morning. [7]

Pranayama: The Vedic Science of Breath by Advait

Holotropic means "moving toward completeness." This work has a unique healing power that can help you get rid of trauma from childhood memories, infancy, birth, and even before you were born.

I’m a pretty chill guy, most of the time, but when my bp and resting heart rate indicated signs of trouble, I took the “opportunity” of the pandemic to enact some changes in my life: Running/walking daily, weight loss, meditation, and these things have helped. I also read The Art of Breathing and a few other Buddhist treatments of the subject. Then this book, a good summary of current and ancient science as Nestor travels the world over to talk to scientists and monks. My experience is just another anecdote, though, so take it for whatever it's worth. Be aware that there's some very fair criticism of the book out there. If you want to reduce stress and anxiety, detox your body, balance your health, and be more productive, Dan Brulé is the world's best breath-master.One of the strengths of The Healing Power of the Breath is the way the authors explain the science behind breathing practices, which can be helpful for readers who may be sceptical or unfamiliar with the benefits of breathwork. The book also provides practical tips for integrating breathing techniques into daily life, and the included audio program is a valuable resource for anyone looking to develop regular breathwork practice.

This book explores breathing within yoga philosophy. Pranayama is often utilized within yoga, sequencing breathing with movement, but it is also its own practice. Iyengar explains why this is and why it is such an important and vital part of your yoga practice. The Breathing Book: Good Health and Vitality Through Essential Breath Work by Donna FarhiWithout realizing it, we will take in more breaths than we need, gasp, and take in a lot of food through our open mouth without realizing it. This can lead to poor health, including symptoms of panic and anxiety, as well as a bad body. Just Breathe: Mastering Breathwork by Dan Brulé and Tony Robbins The book shows you how to do eight important breathing exercises with step-by-step instructions and pictures. Pranayama & Breathwork: A Workbook For Yogis, A journey with breath, Everyday tools for a better life, Experience the difference by James Beard The last chapter actually turned out to have much more common sense with author admitting that breathing is only a part of a complex health system, along with diet, exercise, etc., and dedicating a few moments to describe a few breathing exercises. But honestly, save yourself time and money and read something else on this topic, like Iyengar's "Light on Pranayama". Pranayamas (yogic breathing techniques) are amazing, but consult your doctor if you have health problems, since some of them can be quite harmful if done without supervision. You can try it for yourself and start to see positive changes in your mental and physical health by practicing 15-20 minutes a day for a week or two.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop