Pagano-Papismus; Or, an Exact Parallel Between Rome-Pagan and Rome-Christian, in Their Doctrines and Ceremonies

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Pagano-Papismus; Or, an Exact Parallel Between Rome-Pagan and Rome-Christian, in Their Doctrines and Ceremonies

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The picture of a Puritane: or, A relation of the opinions, qualities, and practises of the Anabaptists in Germanie, and of the Puritanes in England VVherein is firmely prooued, that the Puritanes doe resemble the Anabaptists, in aboue fourescore seuerall thinges. By Oliuer Ormerod, of Emmanuel Colledge in Cambridge. Wherunto is annexed a short treatise, entituled, Puritano-papismus: or a discouerie of Puritan-papisme.

A defence of the Right of Tithes against sundry late scandalous Pamphlets, by E. B. printed by George Miller, 1646. in 4 to. First for the Turk, Mahomet, (that famous impostor and false Prophet, the founder of that impious and impure Sect of the Mahametans) not onely forbids all disputes about the Religion of his Bible, (rather Babell) the Alcoran, but instructs his deluded disciples how to answer them who are disposed to dispute: Tecum dispu­tare volentibus dic, Deum so [...] omnes tuo; actus agnoscere, qui die postremo lites omnes & contrarietates discutiet. Alcaroni. c. 32. Say unto them, (saith he) God alone knowes all thy acts, and at the last day will discusse all controversies and contrarieties. Again, r to incredulous men say thus, I follow not your Law nor you mine; therefore let me alone with that which is mine, and I will let you alone with yours. Quest. 2. When the Devil had tempted Adam and Eve, or Adam by Eve, to eat the forbidden fruit, what penance did they undergoe, (after they had yielded to the Devil) and were expelled out of Paradise? To them was delivered a Book by Granvell, given to Caesar, as he said, by some good man; the Heads whereof he would have them to consider, which were, Of the Creation of Man, and his Integrity of Nature before the Fall, Of Free-will, Of the cause of Sin, Of Original Sin, Of Justification of a sinner, Of the Church, Signs, and Authority thereof, Of the Word, Repen­tance, Of the Authority of the Church in Interpretation of Scri­pture, Of Absolution, Matrimony, Of the Sacraments, Of Or­der, Of Images, The Mass, Administration of Sacraments, Of Discipline of the Church, Ministers and People. Eccius erat impatiens at (que) morosus, nam & librum fa­stidiebat, & collegas minime probabat qui egerant rem diligenter, & reconciliarunt multa, nec illa quidem levia doctrinae capita. Ibid. In this Colloquie Eccius shewed himself impatient and froward, and disdained the Book, and disliked his Collegues: yet they handled the matter diligently, and reconciled some Heads of Doctrine of no small moment. Anno 1546. Dr. Egleston. Mr. Walker, you being a Divine, ought to give me, though a Lay-man, the best satisfaction you can.

Navigation menu

De non temerandis Ec­clesiis, by Sir Henr. Spelman at Oxford, for Henry Hall printer there, 1646. in 4 to. Ans. Whereto I answer, that when Luther and others made revolt from the Romish Religion, the Romanists were most grosse in doctrine, most loose in practise, (especially the Prelates and the ruling Clergy) most injurious to the right and liberty of the people (both as men and as Christians;) for which they were justly made odious to them which had a true relish of Religion or morall honesty. All these particulars I could undeniably demonstrate if there were need, and this place were fit for such a proof as the charge will require: Therefore CHAP. VII. Of the Disputation at Kenelmworth, betwixt John Brian Doctor in Divinity, Minister at Coventry, and John Onley Pastor of a Church at Lawford (as he styles him­self.) How it was occasioned, undertaken, and conti­nued at divers monthly meetings there.

Thebook of se­lected Sermons printed by James Kavinell Dominic. Sep. mages. fol. 8. p. 1. col. 2. Ans. For many yeares before their death they stood either of them in water a night up to the chin, (far from one another) till their flesh was as green as grasse.Thirdly, But if there were a perfect copy of the Dispute made up by the Doctor and him, that copy was committed to Mr. O. his hand to be promoted to the Press, and no copy kept, whereby it might be known to be truely printed: such was the Doctors candid and suspectless dealing with his adversary, which laid a great engagement upon him, of fair and ingenuous cor­respondence with him again. CHAP. IV. An Historicall collection of disputations of severall sorts, principally concerning differences in matter of Religion. In two sections. 1. Containing examples from the Apostles to Luther.2. Of examples from Luther to the present age. Of so many parishes in divers Counties, the greatest part of the increase tithable, is taken up by the Title of Impro­priations, whereof the Incumbent Minister hath no part.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop