KEEN Men's Targhee 3 Sandal

KEEN Men's Targhee 3 Sandal

RRP: £71.41
Price: £35.705
£35.705 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Lastly, the outsole has 4mm, multi-directional lugs for increased traction on a range of surfaces – though we’d expect most users will typically be walking fairly well-trodden paths in these boots. Features The uppers are made from leather that is sourced from an LWG-certified tannery. This means that it is environmentally preferable compared with regular leather. The leather is also treated with a PFC-free DWR (durable water repellent) coating. Internally, the uppers are lined with KEEN.Dry which is a waterproof and breathable membrane that performs in a similar way to Gore-Tex. Cushioning Aside from that, the shoes felt immediately comfortable with no rubbing or hot spots and have continued to feel great the more I wear them. The footbed provides excellent arch support via an internal support mechanism. This is designed to cradle the natural contours of the foot. KEEN.DRY: A proprietary waterproof, breathable membrane that lets vapor out without letting water in.

Unfortunately, a few years into my love affair with my first Targhee’s, we had to part ways. We’d spent a romantic evening by a campfire (my Targhee’s and I), and things literally got a little too steamy. I put my Targhee clad feet too close to the fire and managed to melt the sides of one of them. The big old bumpers protected my toes from the flames wonderfully. Too well, perhaps, as I couldn’t feel the heat from the fire! On long-distance hikes, I’ve appreciated the flex that the sole unit has. It’s a little too much flex for firm edging on scrambly surfaces but these are, after all, shoes for hiking and not technical scrambling. The leather uppers, combined with the KEEN.Dry membrane, offer excellent waterproofness that hasn’t let me down so far. Versatility But if you are just getting into the great outdoors, these are a great choice as a first hiking boot. They have an accommodating fit that is likely to suit many different foot shapes, with supple and comfortable uppers that don’t need a lot of breaking in. They’re also pretty well built, so should deliver solid lifetime durability. The rugged toe bumper also does a good job of fending off trail debris if your footwork tends to be a little clumsy (hey, it happens to us all after a long, leg-sapping day on the trail). There’s also ample padding around the ankle to provide comfort, though nothing out of the ordinary in terms of plushness. Laces

What Other Hiking Boots Should You Consider?

The looks! I’m not afraid to say that the looks of my outdoor gear is important to me. I really want to feel good in it and unfortunately I don’t feel like I’d happily wear these to the pub, out of choice. Unfortunately, I’m struggling a little with the aesthetics of this new design. My old ones made my feet feel tiny and compact, in a positive way. These make me feel like I’m wearing boats, and I can’t quite put my finger on why. Perhaps because the sizing is a little off? The result is that I’m not dying to wear them in non-hiking / outdoorsy scenarios, nor with non-outdoorsy clothing.

I’ve been wearing these in a UK 10, which is my usual size, and the fit is spot on. OK, it’s a little bit loose around the toes, but on a long hike, as the feet start to splay a bit, that actually becomes a really good thing. I did also feel a bit of tightness near the top of the tongue when I first tried these, but that dissipated as the materials eased up with wear. Famous Comfort Fit: Our iconic KEEN fit secures your heel while creating generous space across your forefoot for toes to spread out. The insoles are removable and form good arch support. They are also, rather cleverly, good at not getting too stinky! This is thanks to the probiotic technology that they are treated with: Eco Anti-odour. This is free from chemicals and heavy metals and naturally breaks down odour and sweat to keep your feet (and shoes) smelling fresh. Uppers Ghillie-style laces sit on the outside of the shoes, rather than looping through and into the uppers. This means that each loop can be tightened individually right down to the toes. Additionally, the top lace pulls in the webbing from around the ankle. Toe box

Men's Footwear Size Guide

After a summer of wearing mostly zero-drop trainers to run and walk in, or no shoes at all, my first few jaunt wearing the Targhees felt somewhat constricting. My arches started to cramp with all the support that they were not used to getting! That has now eased since my feet are getting more used to being supported again. There’s little not to like here. When it comes to pure wearability and instant out-of-the-box comfort, the Targhees are some of the best boots out there. They have an accommodating fit that works for lots of different foot shapes. They’re also well-padded, comfortable and nicely cushioned underfoot. A perennial contender for ‘best budget boot’, KEEN’s Targhee is an accessible yet high-quality hiking boot. It’s deservedly popular here in the UK as well as across the pond, and not just because of its competitive price point.

These are my fourth pair of this make/style of Keen boots. I bought the first pair in 2014 prior to attempting to walk the 500 miles of Camino de Santiago in Spain. Disclaimer: Cool of the Wild received this product free in return for an honest review. We only recommend gear that we love from companies we trust and we are under no obligation to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are that of the reviewer and we are in no way influenced by the brand or company. I like the smarter look that Keen have gone for with this new version of the Targhee. The oiled leather gives it a bit more of a traditional look but without any compromise on the nifty aspects that the previous version brought to the table.I love how protected and comfortable my feet feel in them. The grip is also a stand-out point for me. What I don’t love so much about the Keen Targhee III Hiking Shoes Our iconic hiking shoe for men brings an updated look to all-terrain adventures. We carried over the fit, durability, and performance of our award-winning Targhee waterproof boot and took its rugged looks to a new dimension. Prior to going to Spain we did several hundred miles of training walking in this country. My initial reaction when I first tried them on in the shop was how comfortable they were straight from the box with the original insoles. I used the boots with these insoles for several training walks but as I have strange feet I fitted my custom made insoles for the actual Camino walk. Having completed that Camino, and its preliminary training, plus lots of other incidental walking before and afterwards I estimate that I walked well over a thousand miles before finally deciding that I had worn out the boots. This was mainly on the heels due to my particular gait. Even so the boots were still waterproof. And while this isn’t a performance-focused boot, it’s still pretty capable – easy to moderate hill walks won’t be a problem. Materials and Construction As the Targhees are not especially lightweight when it comes to hiking shoes, they actually provide decent stability at the ankles, despite their low cut. The chunky soles and midsoles really help with this. As does the heel-capture system which has TPU injected into it for greater stability.

It would be unfair to say these are entry-level boots, not least because they are worn by plenty of experienced hikers with hundreds (if not thousands) of miles under their belts. With a verified weight of 2.26 pounds for a US men's size 11, the Targhee III Low is not the heaviest shoe in this review but is far from the lightest. Keen is not claiming that this is a lightweight hiking shoe; rather, it is a rugged hiking shoe designed with durability in mind. That has been achieved to a large degree, and so the almost half-pound weight difference between this pair and the lightest hiking shoes in our review is not nearly as much of a red flag as it may seem at first glance. Durability Features of the Keen Targhee III Hiking Shoes Outsoles With 4mm deep lugs that have a multi-directional tread pattern, the outsoles provide superb traction and grip on even steep and challenging terrain. The super grippy KEEN All-Terrain rubber also helps with this.KEEN Targhee III Waterproof shoes give you reliable fit, durability, and performance, with all-day comfort.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop