LEGO Star Wars 7662: Trade Federation MTT

LEGO Star Wars 7662: Trade Federation MTT

RRP: £579.00
Price: £289.5
£289.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

true - but for example Cavegod's sandcrawler is quite pretty in minifig scale. On the other hand it would need 4 - 6 floors according to the cross-section book. Even with floors fitting to the size of Jawa's it would need to be higher. In the end it is a compromise of a fitting scale and still correct proportions. Nobody would like to see a stubby sandcrawler. Simply you would omit one or two floors and then it is fine. I actually love my 7144 Slave 1 where it sits on the Cloud City landing platform right next to the UCS Slave 1... It reminds me of the passage of time and that I'm getting older. Seriously, interesting article. The same method could be applied to vehicles and buildings from other lines (e.g. City, Marvel, DC). Might be worthwhile developing a standardised scale of scale accuracy from 1 to 10 with any score of 1 to 9.5 getting an additional + or - to indicate whether the vehicle is oversized or undersized."

Thomas the Tank Engine would be a great choice for a system licensed theme. (the old tv show). Theres roughly 70 years of fans and the lego train fans would go crazy. (this is if there were parts included to remove the engine's faces). I don't know who's the worst troll here - the user who says "Sod Star Wars" and "Fanboys has taken over the community", or the one who says "There’s no place for your statements here" and "Every sentence you wrote reeks of stupidity". Perhaps one of the most interesting takeaways is that the new, smaller redesign X-Wing is the closest to actual minifigure scale. I voted FO AT-ST, hands down. Perhaps Star Scavenger is a worse build, but until this article I had never even heard of it, let alone of the source material. I voted for the FO At-St. The others on the list of choices don't strike me personally as all that awful. Though I do not approve of the Assault on Hoth set I also recognize if I were a kid again I would love it.The significance of minifigure-scale varies dramatically between subjects. Larger starfighters such as the T-65 X-wing or TIE/sk Striker have achieved near-perfection and that is apparent simply when looking at them, without needing any calculations. Other vehicles deviate slightly from the source material, but are ideally-suited to interaction with minifigures. Personally I disagree with many of the items being on this list—the first bunch are from around the birth of the theme, a time when LEGO designing was a far more difficult task than it is now, and a good number of the newer entries on the list I happen to like—although given that I liked Assault on Hoth(!) that may not be surprising. Plus, who doesn't enjoy more assassin droids? :-)

There is actually also a thing about colors, that ends up looking inaccurate in smaller scales, making people mix lighter colors and create fake shadows, but that's a whole other can of worms, that scale modelers have to deal with. The fact it is 'unfinished' (matter of perspective) I think is awesome, and would be weird if it were complete, given the scene it is depicting. I remember hearing that yeeeears ago; when Kenner had 'Star Wars', someone pointed out their Falcon wasn't 'proper scale'. Their counter was: if it was, no kid could lift it (not to mention, how fewer could've afforded it). Prices were not taken into consideration either as they vary a great deal between different countries and regions, although this may be a factor in choosing your least favourite Star Wars set.

I have selected ten sets which I believe to be among the worst ever released and have tried to explain my reasoning for each selection below. The following items have not been taken into consideration as I do not think they can be properly compared with conventional System sets. Personally I do believe the early sets belong in this discussion. They may be a product of their time, but that doesn't mean they're not ugly. Modern sets are objectively better representations of the source material, and usually better toys as well. LEGO has released a number of sets based upon their own animated series in recent years, the latest of which are from The Freemaker Adventures. On the one hand, these sets are at a disadvantage because they are not based upon a familiar or beloved design from the Star Wars movies. However, this situation also allows the designers to create something from their own imagination, without the restrictions imposed by a source material. The sets from early in the franchise also should not have been included. A lot of pieces we enjoy today seem to be the result of LEGO trying to make their Star Wars line better looking. So actually we should be grateful to those early designs for contributing to improvement overall.

Star Scavenger looks like the Star Scavenger. Aesthetically it may not please many but it does look as it should (Why they drew it this way, who knows. Possibly just so it was different from the other SW universe stuff out there). However, there are a couple of mitigating factors to be taken into consideration. Firstly, the designer probably only had access to limited material from which to take inspiration as the set was created while the film was in production. The range of pieces and colours available was also far less comprehensive than it is today. Elements such as curved slopes, which have been used to good effect in modern Sith Infiltrator sets, were not created until 2004. 7184 Trade Federation MTT This is absolutely spot on. The perception of minifigure-scale is paramount, regardless of actual accurate scale and particularly when the characters are exposed inside the vehicle. I think it would have been more interesting to highlight a subset of ships, like the ones that were the closest to actual mini figure scale. Then perhaps follow-up articles about ones that are further away from “true” minifig scale.

Popular Categories

Includes a Gungan Warrior minifigure with a weapon, plus 2 Pilot Battle Droids and 12 Battle Droid figures with weapons

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop