The Island at the End of Everything: from the bestselling author of The Girl of Ink & Stars

£3.995
FREE Shipping

The Island at the End of Everything: from the bestselling author of The Girl of Ink & Stars

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Happily, this new novel confirms her as one of the most exciting emerging talents in children’s books.

The Island at the End of Everything is a book well worth reading, I had me captured from the start to the end and I would recommend it to children aged 10-14 who love History and books. Its history lures you into finding more about lepers and their history as well as drawing you into reading Hargraves 1stbook 'The Girl of Ink and Stars'. In The Island at the End of Everything, it is down to Ami, and her friend Mari, to find a way home in a society that tells them they are only children, only girls, and so are not in control of their own lives. In addition to our LoveReading4Kids expert opinion some of our Kids Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Here is a quick description and cover image of book The Island at the End of Everything written by Kiran Millwood Hargrave which was published in 2017-5-4.

My favourite place in the book was the Church, because it was when everyone got a chance to come together. Even though Amihan's tale has been dramatised with political villainy it is one that can still make the reader want to explore further into the historical depths of the novel as well as the fictitious parts. A group of other kids and Ami are deported to another island where the orphanage is run by a cruel master. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives.

Set in the Philippines at the beginning of the last century it tells the story of a girl forcibly removed from her mother, as many were, because her mother has leprosy, or as those with the disease preferred, is touched.I thought that the book was very well written and uses a variety of vocabulary to make you feel sad for Amihan and the other children and their parents. Ami's mother is among the infected but Ami herself remains untouched, so when government official Mr Zamora arrives to transport the islanders who are free from the sickness to another island, Ami's world is torn apart. It only tooks me about one to two hour(s) to read as I was so engrossed in the story line and its increadable imagery. The people were arguing about it, they were angry about the person who was making the children the saddest in entire world. Zamora, a cruel government official, comes to the island and says that everyone without leprosy has to leave, Ami's world is shattered.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop