Kamen America, Vol. 1: Stars and Strife

Kamen America, Vol. 1: Stars and Strife

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Kamen Americatells the story of Charlotte "Carly" Vanders, a seamstress from Indiana who aspires to become a fashionista someday. She pursues all possible venues to make her dream come true, including joining the USO as a costume designer, dancer, and entertainer. Oh well, I usually don't focus on something that I dislike and makes me mad, I just skip to the next thing I like. And that's what I'm going to do here, I just ranted first. Anyway, if someone knows the people behind this, please let them know I heard their wishes to avoid having to deal with my dirty money, and I'll try to remember to do so in the future as well. I really hate forcing people to do things they do not want to do. Plenty of people want my money and are willing to take it from me. Honestly, I should have just walked away as the dude REALLY doesn't want money -- but Helstar is doing the guy a great solid by posting here as I'd never have known about it. Thanks for the updates Helstar. The review didn’t really make me want to get the book, it actually made me a bit glad I’m missing out. OTH, the art was what spoke to me. I think the writing was probably good enough to ignore the clunky bits that the reviewer seems to think was great. You get a real sense that the authors like the character, and the whole struggle between working for someone versus working for yourself (when maybe you're not very good at that entrepreneurial stuff) is doubtless one a lot of artists (among others) can relate to.

But since he’s selling all the he copies he wanted to make, he’s probably doing quite well w/o my money. Wish him well. Unfortunately for her, a slew of monsters begin appearing at around the same time! Juggling between being a full-time monster fighter, fashionista, and famous idol is a difficult task, and Carly's principles are put to the test as she weighs her options - and frustrations - as the masked maiden known as Kamen America. What more do you want from a comic book? OK, some times you want some big-chinned Frank Miller grittiness, but not all the damn time, people! I'm going to rant for a second. I really love that it was posted here, this isn't about that, finding things like this is one of the reasons I come here!Carly Vanders is an all-American girl who loves fashion design and wants to help her nation. During a USO performance for American troops, she's hit by irradiated space debris and given incredible powers. From there she becomes the superheroine known as Kamen America and vows to protect innocent people from all that might threaten them, including a series of villains who also gained powers from the space debris... and some monsters who happen to be much closer to home. Phenotype Stereotype: Though it's a western superhero comic, Kamen America is heavily Manga Influenced too (as per the name of the comic), and therefore Carly's All-American Face, blond hair, blue eyes, tall height and general proportions poke at how Japanese audiences stereotypically view Americans. Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: This series is close to the 'idealism' side of the scale. The heroes are generally able to stop and even redeem the villains without having to make moral compromises. High School AU: The second web series, Kamen Academy, functions as this: it sets all the main characters as students in the same high school.

Addiction-Powered: Downplayed, but Kimiko reveals that her water-based powers can work on the water in alcohol too. Thus, if there's no water around, she can make do in a pinch by drinking alcohol and going from there.

Translated by Fans

Elemental Powers: Several of the Kamen Corps have them, including Misha (who has fire powers) and Kimiko (who has water ones).

Private Military Contractors: Carly has to fight these on a somewhat regular basis. Misha started as an employee of one before she defected and joined the Kamen Corps, and Hare Trigger ran one. I've really given this comic way too much attention ... I HATE HATE artificial scarcity to drive interest, and this is the ONLY explanation for what we're seeing. There is no other reason to limit the Physical copies on KS and Indigogo (it ain't the guy's first rodeo so he's doing it on purpose).Alpha Bitch: Carly originally saw Sylvia as this, since Sylvia was wealthy, popular, and somewhat insensitive towards Carly herself. This was compounded after Sylvia was given a suit of Powered Armor which let her become a 'rival' hero to Carly. The two got over it and were eventually able to team up. A twist of fate occurs during a tour for the troops abroad when a freak accident from the skies turns Carly into aliving battery:super-charged and able to manipulate her bio-electricity into weapons and granting her the ability to fly .... andshe becomes a blonde. That's sort of important later. Helstar wrote: I am not really sure what's going on with this comic book company about this title specifically, but there is another field of my interest where this ''limited edition'' thing is in place on purpose: heavy metal vinyl market (but sometimes also for cd market).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop