Highland Nectar Scotch Whisky Liqueur, 50cl, 35% ABV

Highland Nectar Scotch Whisky Liqueur, 50cl, 35% ABV

RRP: £37.69
Price: £18.845
£18.845 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As an entity it was still going in 1983, when Philip Morris recorded its address in his Schweppes Guide to Scotch as 13 Maritime Street in Leith.

A sweet, spicy and versatile Highland whisky liqueur that is as delightful on its own as it is in a cocktail. The company originally held the license for Knockdhu, one of the first distilleries built for DCL that now belongs to Inver House Distillers.I’m not usually a whisky drinker, as I find it too strong for my tastes, but the other ingredients included in this pulled me in to try it as they sounded like they would go together nicely. A delightfully spiced Scotch whisky liqueur, brimming with flavour from an array of fruit, herbs and spices. With it’s added herbs and spices, I find similarities with this and my whisky based recipe for hot toddy. Highland Nectar was a DCL brand from the start under its Distillers Agency offshoot that was set up in around 1880 to focus on exports. This rich liqueur is made by infusing Scotch whisky with a selection of herbs and spices, including bitter orange, lemon oil, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon.

The palate offers notes of boiled sweets, orange peel, garden herbs, ground allspice, crystallised ginger, star anise and maple syrup, leaving cinnamon, mulled chai cider and clove lingering in the finish. This liqueur combines 5-year-old Scotch whisky with a variety of botanicals that include ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.

The toffee becomes cinder toffee as vanilla builds, backed up by green, leafy herbal notes of tarragon. Early on, Highland Nectar acquired its distinctive triangular decanter-shaped bottle, and came to be sold in two expressions: Rare Old Whisky and Deluxe 12 year-old, at 43% abv. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop