GEO Flex 230 2-in-1 Laptop with 13.3-inch Touchscreen Windows 10 Intel Pentium Quad-Core 4GB RAM 128GB SSD - Includes 1 Year Microsoft 365, Silver

£9.9
FREE Shipping

GEO Flex 230 2-in-1 Laptop with 13.3-inch Touchscreen Windows 10 Intel Pentium Quad-Core 4GB RAM 128GB SSD - Includes 1 Year Microsoft 365, Silver

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Incredibly portable – which was my main reason for purchasing. Very thin and lightweight and doesn’t take up much space at all. Great if you’re going on holiday but need a full blown Windows experience to manage things while you’re away.

GeoFlex 230 13.3-inch Convertible Windows 10 FHD Laptop GeoFlex 230 13.3-inch Convertible Windows 10 FHD Laptop

Anyway, I am as you can imagine pretty disappointed. None the less thank you for alerting me to the possibility. I don’t suppose that Dixon’s were very enthusiastic about selling a ‘cheap’ product that could be modified to compete head-on with far more profitable products at more than twice the price! I’d save the drivers to another USB drive somewhere, or put them in your Google Drive account or something – you never know when you’ll want them again in the future. Booting From The USB Good battery life for every day situations. Isn’t going to be great for gaming demands (but then this isn’t designed for that).

For Education

A 64Gb option would definitely be better than the 32Gb the original version came with. Curry’s PC World tried to direct me to the cheaper Chromebooks when I was looking. I decided against a Chromebook as I wanted to run too many things that only ran on Windows. Watching Netflix on a train or playing Minecraft are equally well handled and for the money I really think you actually just can’t beat this little box. So, I now have just Windows itself on the eMMC and all my Applications and Data are on a SanDisk Ultra Fit 64G USB card which is barely noticeable at the side of the machine.

Geo Computers – Tactus

If you want to have a play with either of these operating systems on the Geo Flex 2 in 1, you can create a bootable live USB system which means you don’t lose the Windows operating system. Booting from USB is pretty much the same speed as booting from the internal eMMC to be fair. Customer Support Long story short; I’m wondering if simply soldering on the connector would work just as well (as some other laptop brands can have theirs enabled this way despite the same missing-connector difference), and was wondering if you’d happen to know the part number of the connector used? This depends on your level of computer experience. If you’re familiar with tinkering around with hardware then it’s super easy to upgrade the storage in the Geo Flex 2 in 1. But it helps to know what you’re dealing with. Fortunately, this is something I’ve just done and I can guide you through what you’ll need and how to do it.Can get a bit slow if Windows Defender is scanning or something is using that eMMC drive a bit hard. Yup I followed the pdf for the offical drivers from Geo as per your guide and installed them and restarted.

Can my Geo Device upgrade to Windows 11? – Geo Computers

Warning to others, if you can’t see a hatch on the outside of the case, you probably can not mount an M2 card on your Geo Flex!. My main machine is a MacBook Pro 15″ from 2015. It’s a beast, still even today being a processing power house that does everything I need it to. Except for one thing really – it’s not very portable. Micro HDMI connector to enable you to hook up to a bigger screen, extend your Windows desktop or hook up a projector for meetings etc. There’s quite likely to be another small screw attached to a small piece of plastic inside the hatch area. This is an attachment which will allow a 2240 sized drive device to be inserted and affixed. I couldn’t find any of this size, almost everything is 2280 anyway. So I removed the piece of plastic and stored it safely in case I ever need it again. If you’re using 2280 size you won’t need it and it’ll be in the way if you don’t remove it. Caution – It’s Upside Down! Remember though, you MAY be invalidating your warranty. You do so at your own risk and I am not responsible if you do. I’ve Bought The M.2 SATA Drive, now what?

For Gaming

As others have said however, upon removing the entire bottom panel, it seems there is indeed a space where the card would sit, and I’m fairly sure that despite the physical port not being present, that the solder points likely exist where it would be (though I need to have a proper look after writing this). The Geo Flex 2 In 1 laptop comes with a small expansion ‘hatch’ at the bottom, underneath. It’s secured by two small Phillips head screws. Finding the right size screwdriver to remove this cover reveals an M.2 port, with a B-Key form factor. GeoFlex 230 has a 360-degree rotating hinge, allowing you to repurpose your laptop for the job at hand. Use GeoFlex in laptop mode as your portable workspace, prop it up in tent mode as a mini movie screen or make it your recipe assistant in the kitchen. With flexibility at its core, GeoFlex 230 is ready for anything. Next there are two types of interface for these expansion cards. There is a SATA interface and a PCIE NVME interface. The PCIE NVME interface itself comes in 2 variants, a 2x variant and a 4x variant. The 2x variants have a B-Key notch cut out, and the 4x variants come with an M-Key cutout. At least, that’s what I’ve tended to find in my searches. You’ll need to go at a very flat angle. Otherwise there’s a strong chance that you’ll end up doing what I did and insert the card underneath the port. Clearly, it won’t work if it’s not inserted correctly. You’ll know if you’ve got it right. The card should snap into position and clip under the small plastic clip at it’s far end. If it’s inserted underneath the port it won’t lie flat and will be difficult to clip in. And it won’t work. Is It Worth Upgrading The Storage On The Geo Flex 2 in 1 Laptop?

GeoFlex 230 User Guide – Geo Computers

This little laptop is definitely lightweight and very portable. The touchscreen and tent/tablet mode do make it quite versatile. For me, I didn’t have to do anything in the BIOS/UEFI settings. It just showed up as a SATA Port when I restarted Windows. But you do need to open up the Disk Management application and partition and reformat the drive into something usable.

For Business

In this article I review the GEO Flex 2 in 1 laptop and decide whether it’s worth the price that Curry’s PC World ask for it. But, another spin off benefit ( haha, spin off – hard drives, see what I did there? ) of this upgrade is that the eMMC storage that comes with the laptop is pretty slow. You can google eMMC versus SATA for the reasons why and how different they are performance wise. Thanks for any help, and if anyone else reading this comment is also willing to help provide this information, thank you in advance!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop