My Sister's Bones: 'Rivals The Girl on the Train as a compulsive read' Guardian

My Sister's Bones: 'Rivals The Girl on the Train as a compulsive read' Guardian

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And so my mother had installed low-wattage bulbs throughout the house and retreated into the shadows.

The talented cast brings to life this must-see story from Nuala Ellwood’s absolutely incredible novel. The storyline involving the sister was the most interesting to me, and was usually shuttle to the back burner, so we could focus on important teen issues.

Is the house harboring dark secrets, or is the trauma of Kate’s wartime experiences finally catching up with her? Hanauer expertly details the emotions brought on by this disease on behalf of each of the family members: Billie's fear for her sister, her parents' denial and debate over treatment, and Cassie's deterioration. A poignant but also lively and humorous novel, with characters so believable you expect them to rise up off the page. The key player in this novel, finds herself in a police station being interviewed by a police psychologist. However, as much as I loved 'My Sisters Bones' I didn't feel the domestic crime element of the mysterious neighbour added value or substance to the storyline, even so Nuala Ellwood has written a superior, powerful thought provoking mystery thriller that, for me, only just fell short of a 5 star rating.

She’s also dealing with an alcoholic sister, Sally, with whom she shares a childhood of tragedy and abuse.

Kate is haunted by the ghosts of those who she saw die, hallucinations which seem to invade her sleeping, and waking life.

Alice and her partner Joe pick up sticks and move from London to Penton, a bucolic (and fictional) Cotswold “market town. Supporting cast includes Harry Potter and Game of Thrones actor David Bradley, who recently voiced Guillermo del Toro’s Oscar winner Pinocchio, and Maggie Steed ( Ten Percent). I nearly gave up on the book as I found the narration very melodramatic and needlessly slow with too many dramatic pauses. Penguin presents the unabridged downloadable audiobook edition of My Sister's Bones by Nuala Ellwood, read by Imogen Church and Sally Scott. Author Ellwood said: “I am thrilled that Bill Kenwright Films has optioned the film rights to my novel My Sister’s Bones.She is not in a good place at all and when the story begins, she is being assessed for a mental health review; something bad has happened. Drawing similarities from other favourites of mine such as The Woman in the Window and The Girl on the Train, the book had an engaging mystery and I liked the unreliability of Kate’s narration.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop