ELAC BS41-BK Passive Bookshelf Speakers, Black, 4"

ELAC BS41-BK Passive Bookshelf Speakers, Black, 4"

RRP: £189.76
Price: £94.88
£94.88 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Big speakers might give you a powerful sound, but not everyone has the space, budget or inclination for a set of floorstanding speakers. If I was looking to get some Elacs for strictly home theater, MAYBE 95% movies, 5% music, which direction should I look? I figure this would be the thread to ask. These changes aren't purely cosmetic – they make a real difference to performance. Dense instrumentation and complex rhythms pose no problem, as they deliver sound with precision and a cohesion that’s rare for this level. The previous owner said he blew one of the concentric drivers by playing too loud, but Elac sent a new concentric driver For customer to install. Any suggestions of things to look for? I will do the candle test to make sure the inner chamber is sealed, and if not it's supposed to be fairly easy to put caulking around the edges. I do provide links to my recommended suggestions, from both Madisound and Parts Express. You can buy parts from where ever you choose to; and you can determine how much you spend. In addition to Madisound and Parts Express, there are other sources for crossover components.

Can anyone help me out. I have the UF51 towers and an SVS sub. What should my sub Crossover be set to? 80htz? Yes, all passive speakers require an amplifier to operate. Unless your source device has a built-in amplifier, you will need to connect an amplifier to power the speakers. The amplifier provides the necessary power to drive the passive speakers and produce sound. 7. What are the benefits of passive speakers? A complex design: high-class lacquered and wooden veneered cabinets, which have a trapezoid shape and are angled rearward. July 18th of this year, we published an article about the Elac Uni-Fi Reference loudspeakers, the latest work by Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.People choose passive speakers because they can mix and match components to create a customized sound setup. Passive speakers also provide the flexibility to adjust the setup over time, such as scaling to fit a larger space or adding surround sound. This makes them ideal for those who prefer a more personalized and adaptable audio experience. 3. What is better passive or powered speakers? Passive speakers are built to last for a long time, as they do not have any technological limits or firmware updates. With proper care, passive speakers can last for several years or even longer. This durability makes them a reliable and long-lasting investment for enjoying high-quality sound over an extended period. 6. Do all passive speakers need an amp? Passive bookshelf speakers are a great option for those looking for a compact yet powerful speaker system. These speakers require an external amplifier or receiver to power them, but they offer greater flexibility in terms of customization and upgrading. Passive bookshelf speakers come in a range of sizes and designs, making them a versatile choice for any room or setup. They can be used for music listening, home theater setups, or even as part of a gaming system. With their sleek and stylish designs, these speakers can complement any decor while delivering high-quality sound.

The B5.2 are a big improvement on the original Elac B5 – in fact, almost everything about them has changed. The cabinet is taller, narrower and deeper, which makes them look more modern and less obtrusive. The 5.25cm mid/bass unit is new, while the bass reflex port has moved, and the tweeter has a new design too.

Summary

Audiophiles often prefer bookshelf speakers because they excel in smaller spaces and can still perform well in larger rooms. While they may not have the same bass performance as floorstanding speakers, bookshelf speakers can be highly competitive in terms of overall sound quality. Additionally, bookshelf speakers offer a wide range of options for audiophiles to choose from. 5. How long should passive speakers last? It is not (exactly) the old original Debut B4. I have a couple of sets of those and they use the original style of woofer and brushed vinyl. It seems to be more like the Debut 2.0 line. Curiously, it is being called the "BS41", which is the name of the old Pioneer speaker that Jones did with a 5.25" woofer. Seems to be rear ported as well. And while they might look understated, they're solidly built and reassuringly well made. The bigger cabinets, aided by that sizeable reflex port, predictably offer a good deal more bass weight than the B5.2, but they still refuse to overstretch. They deliver an open and balanced sound that can reach high and deliver ample bass without issue. They can handle a wide range of music too, with the dynamic expression, detail resolution and tonal sophistication to handle it all. And they'll last you, with enough stretch in their abilities to get better even when the rest of your system is upgraded – just make sure it's up to handling some of the best Elac speakers going. Quote from: jmc207 on 19 Feb 2022, 11:46 pm Neat little speaker. Does anything they do compare to the DCM TP160S?

The What Hi-Fi?team has more than 100 years experience of reviewing, testing and writing about consumer electronics. We have state-of-the-art testing facilities in London and Bath, where our team of expert reviewers do all our in-house testing. This gives us complete control over the testing process, ensuring consistency.We always ensure we spend plenty of time with the speakers, trying them with different electronics, in different positions and with different music. I'm about to close on a new house and I'm looking to set up a second home theater in my basement. My current HT will be set up in my office (Polk ES20 LCR, Polk S15 surrounds, Polk PSW505, with a Denon AVR-x1400h), and I'm looking for an upgrade over that for the new setup.The company’s obsession with music started in 1948 with their first consumer audio product, which was a PW-1 record player. Since then ELAC has earned a fantastic reputation in the audio industry. Their main focus at the time was on pioneering the turntable technology and other electronics. This was proven to be a very successful strategy in the 1970s and 1980s as people who were into music were willing to invest in high-quality turntables. The Debut ConneX DCB41 is a slightly different beast to the other speakers here – it's a mini hi-fi setup in one. It comprises one powered speaker, and one more conventional passive unit, with the two linked by a speaker cable. This subreddit is for the budget minded audiophile that wants to grow out of soundbars, boomboxes, mini systems, portable bluetooth, lifestyle speakers, and PC peripheral branded audio solutions.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop