Abbey Road: The Inside Story of the World’s Most Famous Recording Studio (with a foreword by Paul McCartney)

£12.5
FREE Shipping

Abbey Road: The Inside Story of the World’s Most Famous Recording Studio (with a foreword by Paul McCartney)

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A lovely brief history of the studio and technicians of Abbey Road Studios, made eternally famous by the Beatles. Across the many line-ups over the years, we’ve seen the music for shorts, independents and box-office smashes pass through our .

Ordinary details: 1950s kids thrilling to the twang of an arrow hitting an oak tree on The Adventures of Robin Hood, blissfully unaware the sound was George Martin flexing a ruler. It may have begun life as an affluent suburban house, but it soon became a creative hub renowned around the world as a place where great music, ground-breaking sounds, and unforgettable tunes were forged. Along with Mark Ellen and Alex Gold I'm running Word In Your Ear, which is all about events in "normal" times and is all about podcasts, videocasts and digital author events at the moment. This joyful read offers a time-traveling experience, shedding light on the rapid evolution of our listening habits, the enduring impact of certain bands, and the pivotal role played by a studio that housed it all. main drawbacks with book - DH does go into a lot of ( probably too much) detail of the different technologies ( although it does mean the information is in one place ) and his writing can be a bit tortuous , Having said that I found it a very good read.An esteemed music critic and journalist, Hepworth provides us with a deep dive into the story behind the 91-year-old facility, a stirring narrative that mirrors pop music's twists and turns from its earliest days through the present.

He is the radio columnist for the Saturday Guardian and a regular media correspondent for the newspaper.really enjoyed this (and it also randomly helped me with one of my essays that i handed in this semester. German pianist Hans von Bülow fainted on hearing the playback of his own performance of a Chopin mazurka. Readers will be glad that Anderson eventually turned to writing prose, since the well-told anecdotes and memorable character sketches are what make it a page-turner. Lastly, a large part of the charm of reading Abbey Road is that it's clearly written for an English audience.

He was involved in the launch and editing of magazines such as Smash Hits, Q, Mojo and The Word, among many others. They wanted her to come in on Saturday, but she couldn’t because she was going to see Chuck Berry in Hammersmith. I welcomed these sidebars and found it only appropriate to "hear" the inside story of Abbey Road in Hepworth's very British voice. Nonetheless this is a fascinating account of the myriad characters who have worked within the hallowed halls of this famous studio from the 1930's to the present day. There's also a detailed history of the machinations of classical music recordings under the helm of renowned conductors back in the early days.The very thought that I was standing in the room where the Beatles recorded the vast majority of their unparalleled music was simply overwhelming. It’s funny, I say to David: some things are like reverse alchemy; the more you see the base ingredients, the less you see the gold. Another classical pianist, Artur Schnabel, fretted that records meant performances might be listened to by the wrong sort of people. Norman has been working as a recording engineer for some three years; he got the job even after telling his interviewer he didn’t think much of Cliff Richard. A classic example of this – and this is an act more identified with Abbey Road than just about anybody – is the Beatles.

I’m not the world’s biggest Roy Harper fan; but I just think, not many artists get the opportunity in their life to make a great record. In keeping with EMI's air of formality and British aplomb, studio personnel sported white laboratory coats. He does a really meticulous job of here of charting the history of the world-famous studios, and it makes for a fascinating read. There is clearly a great respect for the engineers and background staff who helped make some of the world's greatest music. Early attempts at this new-found technique provoked bafflement, sometimes downright hostility, from performers, too.Throughout her account of this kooky, messed-up, enviable, and often thrilling life, her humility (her sons "are true miracles, considering the gene pool") never fails her.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop