The Night & Its Moon

The Night & Its Moon

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I am a sucker for fatherly figures in literature and media (Yes I know I wasn’t supposed to enjoy the relationship Silco and Jinx had in Arcane- I am working on it). It's like the author couldn’t pick which way of saying things was her favorite and decided to just keep them all. Her actions have been truly egregious, and her apologies have been calculated, cynical, and insufficient. It's revealed the Queen is actually a witch and the reason they can tell is her lack of pointed ears(it actually says she has no ears but I digress).

The only thing I can hope for is that Piper CJ takes a bit of time to actually think about the situation and realise WHY readers are actually mad at her. Also, the cover and graphics of this book are pretty enough to make this a great addition to one’s bookshelf regardless of if they liked the story inside or not!

With strange new alliances, untested powers, and a bond that neither time nor distance could possibly break, the fate of the realms lies in the hands of two orphans — and the love they hold for one another. So when the madame of a notorious brothel in a far-off city offers a king's ransom to purchase Amaris, Nox ends up taking her place -- while Amaris is drawn away to the mountains, home of mysterious assassins. Any well read person, regardless of their personal writing experience, understands the formatting of dialogue. It’s almost like Piper tries to undo what she did to Nox by having her back heal entirely and there be no scars. The magnetic field here on Earth is many thousands of times stronger than the Moon's magnetic field.

I had to read this several times before I understood that the hand in question was Millicent’s—at the end of the arm it’s supposedly slithering down (I think). The Sun’s light comes from one direction, and it always illuminates, or lights up, one half of the Moon – the side of the Moon that is facing the Sun.

The plot is written in a manner that builds and pulls you into a vivid fantastical world while examining themes of race, objectification, feminism, equality, self-empowerment, child trauma, abuse, misandry and misogyny. the light and dark archetype would have worked if not for the repetitive descriptions of the characters’ physical features, and the little care to give the characters real depth. Now while Nox is in this coma, Millicent’s solution is to have a man sexually assault her comatose body, and then Nox kills him, so….

I was extremely excited for this book after hearing about queer high-fantasy series so I was ecstatic to get an early release copy. When the fae find out she’s a reever, and they’re all like, GASP, I TOO KNEW A REEVER, and she’s immediately like, ‘oh, was his hair red?It’s not until the brothel owner, Millicent, shows up to take two random girls that she notices Amaris and wants to acquire her. Waning Crescent: In the Northern Hemisphere, we see the waning crescent phase as a thin crescent of light on the left. The craters themselves, which have been preserved for billions of years, provide an impact history for the Moon and other bodies in the inner solar system. The crust has a thickness of about 43 miles (70 kilometers) on the Moon’s near-side hemisphere and 93 miles (150 kilometers) on the far-side. I was very on the fence about purchasing this book, because the “editor” (which I say in quotations, because they are not a professional editor with any credentials - but they did the task of editing the book) has been going around insulting and demeaning those who leave anything less than perfect reviews.

TL;DR: Read this book if you like sapphic rep, rich imagery, fae and magic, deep world building, and slow burns. After that, she tries seducing the Captain of the Guard so that she can intercept Amaris while she is visiting the Queen.All the adults come, and nobody picks Amaris or Nox, which is weird, considering their specialness is consistently shoved in our faces.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop