Time Travelling with a Hamster

Time Travelling with a Hamster

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He first started writing his debut novel, Time Travelling With A Hamster, in 2014. It was published in 2016 and was shortlisted for the Costa, [3] Blue Peter, [4] Waterstones, [5] and Branford Boase Awards. [6] El argumento del libro me ha parecido de lo más original, abordando temas muy transcendentes desde una perspectiva muy inocente. La acción y el misterio se mantiene a lo largo de todo el libro, siendo imposible aburrirse o dejar de leerlo. Además, mientras leemos una historia ficticia, se aprenden conceptos tan reales como la Teoría de la Relatividad de Einstein o los reyes y reinas que ha tenido Inglaterra; siempre desde una perspectiva divertida y simple. Es cierto que se trata de un libro con bastantes páginas, por lo que un lector demasiado joven podría llegar a abrumarse (aunque también hay que tener en cuenta el hábito lector de cada niño). Es por esto por lo que recomiendo su lectura para edades a partir de los 13-14 años. En cuanto al final, decir que no es para nada previsible y en ningún momento sabes qué va a pasar; el autor ha sabido muy bien cómo mantener la intriga. I AM GOING FOR A 16 HOUR TRAIN RIDE, I AM MOVING FROM NY TO FLORIDA AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAMSTER WITH ALL THIS The astonishing, beautiful new story for all readers of 10 and over from the bestselling and Costa-shortlisted author of TIME TRAVELLING WITH A HAMSTER.

Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments Sadr, Sabrina. "Magic and myth with Ross Welford". Barnes Children’s Literature Festival . Retrieved 4 July 2020. Now, let me put out there that there are actually a fair amount of high end concepts in this book. As a reader who believes fully in not talking down to young readers, I was smitten with this. Al Chadhury's father was a brilliant man. One who wasn't afraid to dabble in science and theory, ultimately leading to his discovery of time travel. Through Al's travels in time, and the letters his father left behind, he learns so much about everything his dad was passionate about. There are brilliant descriptions of the theory of relativity, and examples that actually make it palatable for young minds. There's even discussions of memory devices. Suffice it to say, I was blown away by the sheer amount of lessons in here. Alexander Bisland, age 10- 'This book has a rollercoaster of emotions and it ends with a cliff-hanger. I would really like to read a sequel.' Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing -

I’m not sure I’m any less baffled by time travel after reading this, but what a fun adventure of a story. It is the world’s oldest club for magicians and requires anaudition tojoin. The Circle meets every Monday in the wonderful headquarters in central London, where there is a theatre and a large library – including a copy of the world’s oldest magic book TheDiscoverie ofWitchcraft by Reginald Scott from 1584. Short car trips are the best type of trip for your hamster. Short trips to the vet or to a friend's house to babysit your hamster aren't that big of an adventure. Actually, what he said was that he thought it was 'stupendously unlikely'. That's what he used to say about things that he thought weren't real, but couldn't prove. Stupendously unlikely. It's a cool phrase.” Viaje en el tiempo con un hámster es una novela del autor Ross Welford que narra las peripecias de un joven cuyo padre ha fallecido, y le ha dejado una máquina del tiempo con la intención de que le salve de su muerte. Con esta premisa como telón de fondo, el libro se adentra en temas tan profundos como la muerte de un padre y cómo ello afecta al resto de la familia y a su propio futuro; también trata sobre la amistad y el amor entre otros temas. Este libro está orientado hacia un público más bien juvenil (+14 años), aunque estoy segura de que los adultos disfrutarán igual con él, de la misma manera que yo lo he hecho.

Al is, to put it mildly, something of a eccentric character. His curiosity is limitless, and we get to travel with him on the most amazing journey. A son of two scientists, it's only natural that Albie uses quantum theory when his mum dies, to find a parallel universe where she's still alive. Considering the topics covered, it's a light read that even reluctant readers might be tempted to try.My dad died twice. Once when he was thirty-nine, and again four years later when he was twelve. (He's going to die a third time as well, which seems a bit rough on him, but I can't help that.)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop