Games Workshop Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Idoneth Deepkin: Namarti Thralls

Games Workshop Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Idoneth Deepkin: Namarti Thralls

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Pete Brizio – Stomper Tribe (4-1): My good friend and club mate Podium Pete is at it again with the Gitz RoR plus a Monstrougly Tough Warstomper, King Brodd and a Kraken-Eater Standing against him is an Auric Flamekeeper, a Fyreslayer warrior priest who presides over a Lodge’s funerary rites. Nicholas Walters – Bloodtoofs: 12 Pigs, 10 Brutes and a Maw-krusha headline, with a cheeky Skragrott This is the new hero for Fyreslayers…who is another foot hero for the army, bringing that total to 8 Heroes (6 of them Leaders). He is the first Fyreslayer to not also be armed with throwing axes, I suppose he forgot them at home.

Thralls are usually combined with Namarti Reavers into the formations known as Namarti Corps, each corps is led by an Isharann Soulrender, whose magic can be used to revive fallen Namarti. Such a corps tends to comprise half the strength of a Idoneth Phalanx. [1c] But the god Teclis found a troubling darkness in the heart of these new elves and nearly destroyed them. Fearing his anger and the anguish in their own ravaged souls, these firstborn elves fled into the depths of the ocean. Here they made a horrifying discovery: almost every child born would wither and die unless its soul was reinforced with soulstuff stolen from another mortal. However, the rulers that come with Fury of the Deep are not only shorter than the standard 12″ range rulers we’ve grown accustomed to, I’d also argue that they aren’t as durable. Sure, the regular plastic ones we’ve seen slotted in with many releases over the past few years will snap or break if bent too far, but the fact that they’re made of a single piece of plastic likely makes them more durable. Namarti Thralls form the core of many Idoneth Deepkin forces. In the box, you’ll find ten of these blind, soul-hungry warriors, armed with lanmari blades in a variety of styles. There’s a mixture of male and female torsos, additional parts for an icon bearer, and some fishy accessories for the bases.The big hit here is the cost, a whopping 500 points just for one, you probably won’t field more than 1 if at all. It’s going to be tough to justify, I think you can make it work but they will become the center of your army and you will need to build around it. Terrain

Idoneth born with withered souls are known as Namarti. They must survive several infusions of soulstuff stolen from other species to live to even a fraction of a normal elf lifespan. They are the serf caste of Idoneth society, labourers and frontline raiders in battle. Namarti are eyeless, but other senses honed in the smothering ocean mean this is no hindrance. I also love this set because the captain is called a “Karl”, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about this little Duardin’s mates saying “ Kaaaarl, that kills people!” every time he swings his mighty weapons. Also, there’s a dwarf with a trumpet, which conjures up memories of Gimli blowing the horn of Helm Hammerhand at Helm’s Deep. Idoneth Deepkin Jay Hine – Gnarlroot (3-1-1): A sort of greatest hits collection from walking greenery, with 6 Lancers, 10 Gossamid Archers (sneaky good in a combat heavy meta), 6 Sword Kurnoth Hunters plus a Warsong giving the list a lot of play in all phases of the game Today we look at how to play Idoneth Deepkin of Age of Sigmar. Here’s how to hit those landlubbers like a tidal wave!

Thank you for the stellar advice, James. Taking their place among the aelven races of the Mortal Realms, the Idoneth Deepkin are preparing to reap a bumper crop of souls in the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. These buffs only effect Namarti Thralls and Namarti Reavers, but you’re not trying to get Reavers into combat so really they’re only effecting the Thralls. They’ve also seen an update for the better, so being able to hit harder is definitely welcome.

This unit has been split down to two warscrolls, which we’ve seen happen with other units in the past. Both units have the same throwing axes with the change mentioned above, the same bravery of 7 and movement of 4” with 2 wounds. They keep Berzerk Fury to fight when they die which needs to be activated at the start of the combat phase once per game and their musician still adds 1 to charge rolls. The story of these aelves is a tragic one. Teclis formed the Idoneth from souls prised from the belly of Slaanesh, but their corrupted spirits didn’t live up to the Archmage’s dreams. Unable to adjust to their new lives, the Idoneth fled from the powerful gaze of the god of magic, hiding in the inky depths of the seas. As you’d expect with any aelven force, they’re fast, lightly armoured and hit hard – making the most effective use of these guys will come down to knowing how to combine them with your allegiance abilities. For one, these guys are ideal for screening – keep them in front of your most valuable units and they’ll absorb fire thanks to Forgotten Nightmares, a rule we previewed earlier that applies to all Idoneth Deepkin. For another, you can reduce casualties by making sure they’re in close combat in the third game turn – thanks to High Tide on the Tides of Death table, they’ll get to strike first! Although the title is frequently seen as an insult, it affords great freedom to those who bear it. A Thrallmaster can roam far and wide in search of fresh soul-matter, mastering the pelagic lore of the ocean’s currents. Many will tame vicious sea creatures like the Snapjaw Eel, and even tattoo themselves with tidal maps to prove their navigational skills.*

The Showdown

With all the new Idoneth Deepkin models coming out, I was really excited to start painting them. While there are some truly impressive centrepiece models like the Eidolon, I always like to start with the rank and file of the army. This is what you’ll have the most of, so how you paint them will define the look of your army. In my opinion, it’s better to start here, and base your hero and larger model paint schemes off of them, than the other way around.

Stephan Kintzel – Fangs of Sotek: Standard double slann summoning list that skips Bastiladons to run a Troglodon In general it’s a nice mixed fire list that lets you toy around with a lot of the different stuff this army can do, and you can play around with it to taste. Our Thoughts Frank Sylvester – Grundstok Expeditionary Force: 2 Gunhaulers each carrying 15 Thunderers hurtle up the board with a 3rd Gunhauler bringing a Khemist – yawnThere’s a lot of stuff in this box. Like, a lot of stuff. Here it all is rammed into my (somewhat measly) lightbox. Cascalan’s story is a common one amongst the Thrallmasters – Akhelians who either feel suffocated by the strict structures and traditions of Idoneth society or have been ostracised by their fellow aelves and condemned to a life of raiding alongside the half-souled Namarti. Faction rules for tides that hand out buffs across the whole army and change each turn, and rituals that grant a super buff on one turn of the game. James: The new edition revitalises the fantastic Namarti Thralls , who excel at everything from Monster hunting to mowing down hordes. Utilising the new Rally command ability to replenish their numbers, alongside an Isharann Soulrender’s Lurelight ability, large units of Namarti Thralls become a persistent threat.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop