Meantime: The gripping debut crime novel from Frankie Boyle

Meantime: The gripping debut crime novel from Frankie Boyle

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The comedian Frankie Boyle is the latest in a rash of television personalities trying their hand at crime fiction; but, as you might expect from somebody who titled one of his tours I Would Happily Punch Every One of You in the Face, Boyle is not joining his fellow celebs at the cosy end of the crime spectrum. There are no sleuthing pensioners or vicars here: our amateur detective/narrator is Felix McAveety, a Glaswegian junkie. MacDonald, Stuart (6 November 2020). "Frankie Boyle says 'long Covid' has left him with lung problems for months". Daily Record . Retrieved 29 December 2020. In October 2007 Boyle embarked on a stand-up tour of Britain, playing over 100 dates and enjoying a sold-out run that was extended through until December 2008. Boyle said that he planned to retire from live stand-up before he turned 40, had written his final tour, and planned to do more television work after this. [40] Boyle performed the tour, entitled I Would Happily Punch Every One of You in the Face, between March and December 2010. [41]

Meantime by Frankie Boyle review - The Guardian

And my final comment which I think is quite key to the whole thing. It's a bit tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself that seriously - which, for me, made it all the more enjoyable and easy to read. I wonder if he has another book in the pipeline. I'd definitely be up for more of the same... a b c d Dugdale, John (28 November 2022). "Mystery, tension, suspense — the reads for thrill-seekers". The Times . Retrieved 31 December 2022. Parker, Robin (2 October 2009). "Broadcast Now, 2 October 2009". Broadcastnow.co.uk . Retrieved 1 February 2014. Sophie tells Felix that Donnie is an undercover cop. Donnie confesses to being an anarchist infiltrating the police, then a police officer infiltrating environmental activists. Donnie is killed and Amy and Felix are kidnapped by Agent Brond.Don't be sheepish: Donegal's message to Frankie Boyle ( The Belfast Telegraph, 22 September 2012). https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/dont-be-sheepish-donegals-message-to-frankie-boyle-28866052.html

one liners by Scottish comedians 25 of the best jokes and one liners by Scottish comedians

I'd give it 7/10 if I was able. I'd say I enjoyed slightly over two thirds but the other third appeared to simply be a manual on what drugs to take and when and what they did to our protagonist. If you like Frankie Boyle you'll more than likely enjoy this. The jury is still out for me. I don't mind a bit of his endless simile style delivery but I do get bored of it after a while. Its almost done to death in the first third. It's another of those books that I would also pop into one of my favourite genres - that being bonkers. It is, and then some. Characters who are completely larger than life, lots of weird and wonderful shenanigans. And more drugs than the whole Trainspotting series - and that's just chapter one - no not really, but almost! And that is the ONLY comparison to make with Welsh's series. Anything else is an insult to both... Frankie Boyle: I'd like to quit touring stand-up and become a writer". Chortle. 18 August 2022 . Retrieved 31 December 2022.Chilton, Martin (3 July 2022). "From dangerous liaisons to women behaving badly". The Independent. p.50. ProQuest 2683489271.

Frankie Boyle Frankie Boyle

Reads like a twisted Caledonian take on Robert Altman’s The Long Goodbye. Inherent vices and scalpel-sharp jokes vie with a very human concern for those least garlanded in the rat race of life’ Ian Rankin This was a funny wee detective story with a very absurd and unexpected protagonist. There’s lots of humour throughout, as you would expect from Frankie Boyle, but I enjoyed the layers of dark conspiracy that made up the mystery that Felix sets out to uncover. In this light his tanned, bloated head looked not unlike a haunted paper bag, his glazed eyes fixed on some bleak internal horizon.”Boyle was an alcoholic, [82] having started drinking at the age of 15 and stopped at 26, and is also a former drug user, who now maintains a life of sobriety. [83] [84] The city of Glasgow makes for an ideal landscape to set this bleak yet perversely refreshing and hugely enjoyable piece of work. This certainly put me in mind of a lot of Christopher Brookmyre’s better stuff, but whilst still retaining a distinctive Boyle signature, which gives it its own offbeat and delightful spark. Frankie Boyle: I'll quit comedy in two years". Nowmagazine.co.uk. 27 December 2008 . Retrieved 26 July 2009.

Frankie Boyle review: gloriously funny mystery Meantime by Frankie Boyle review: gloriously funny mystery

Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you’ll have the time of your life!” - Billy Connolly On marriage The Telegraph values your comments but kindly requests all posts are on topic, constructive and respectful. Please review our Agent Jeremiah Brond – a threatening figure who shares a resemblance to the actor Gerard Butler. Brond is Mikey's handler and monitors Mount as well as Felix and Jane's activities.Scotland's Jesus". HarperCollins. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013 . Retrieved 10 February 2013. Winners Revealed for The McIlvanney Prize 2022 & The Bloody Scotland Debut Prize". Bloody Scotland. 16 September 2022 . Retrieved 31 December 2022. Frankie's Podcast". MySpace. 16 July 2009. Archived from the original on 6 November 2012 . Retrieved 30 January 2010.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop