RØDE SC3 3.5mm TRRS to TRS Adaptor, Modem

RØDE SC3 3.5mm TRRS to TRS Adaptor, Modem

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The SC9 is a TRRS to TRRS cable designed to connect a wide range of audio devices. At 1.5 metres long, it is particularly suitable for connecting a smartphone to the RØDECaster Pro. SC10 – 3.5mm TRRS to TRRS Cable The SC20 is a USB-C to USB-A cable used for connecting the Wireless GO II to a USB-A device. It is shorter than the 1.5m-long SC18 and is only included with the Wireless GO II (not sold separately). SC21 – Lightning Accessory Cable (USB-C to Lightning, 300mm) Lightning – Utilised exclusively by Apple products, Lightning is an 8-pin connector that carries a digital signal for power or data transfer. If you’ve owned an iPhone over the past 10 years, chances are you’ve come across this cable before to charge your device or connect it to a computer. First, it’s important to know a little bit about the different types of cable connections you’ll come across in this list, what they’re used for, and what type of devices they’re commonly found on before diving in any further. USB outputs are usually found on microphones intended for use with computers and mobile devices, like the RØDE NT-USB and NT-USB Mini, VideoMic Me range or Wireless GO II.

The previously mentioned adapters were all designed to connect one device to another, but there are also cables that can connect three devices together. These cables are called “splitters”, or sometimes “Y-splitters” due to their distinctive shape. Actually, the cable adapter (shown above) that Shure is including with many new digital MOTIV devices solves two problems at once. Here I will paraphrase Shure’s explanation from the user manual: If you’re a creator, there’s a good chance you use multiple microphones to record with multiple devices in a wide variety of scenarios. This may mean the cable that came with your microphone doesn’t quite do the job in every scenario you need it to – either it’s not the right length, or the connection type is wrong for your recording device. Thankfully, we offer a range of high-quality cables and adaptors to suit a wide variety of applications. Will I eventually fry my cell phone/tablet if I keep shorting the cables like I mention above? I haven't tried it for more than a few seconds at a time. The SC19 is a 1.5m-long Lightning Accessory Cable (USB-C to Lightning) designed to connect MFi-certified USB-C microphones to iOS devices. SC20 – USB-C to USB-A for Wireless GO II (Not Available Separately)

Check out our other blog posts:

The SC4 is a TRS to TRRS adaptor, designed to allow microphones with a 3.5mm TRS output to connect to deviceswith a TRRS input. This is ideal if you want to connect a RØDE VideoMic, lavalier or Wireless GO to a computer, smartphone or tablet. SC5 – 3.5mm TRS to TRS Cable for Wireless GO II (Not Available Separately) The Movo MC3 adapter enables compatibility between smartphones and audio devices like microphones and headphones. The 3-pole TRRS connector plugs directly into your phone’s 3.5mm port, while the device you want to connect it to plugs into the adapter’s TRS port.

Similarly, the TCB2 allows use of both a microphone and headset, but the mic input is for XLR mics, not 3.5mm. This is great for linking more advanced, studio-grade microphones to your smartphone. A TS or Tip Sleeve plug has two conductors and can exist at least as 1/4″ and 3.5mm, and can be used with mono unbalanced connections, at microphone level, line level or speaker level. TRS If you are using any digital audio device to record with your smartphone or tablet (i.e. via 30-pin, Lightning or USB OTG) including any of the many digital audio devices that work with Android or iOS that I have ever reviewed here in ProVideo Coalition magazine (or any future digital models), do not connect your earbuds/mic —or even a high-end Bose headset with mic— with TRRS to your smartphone or tablet while recording or otherwise using that digital audio device. You must use TRS headset only (or an adapter that makes it TRS) to monitor when you are recording from a digital source in the smartphone or tablet. Otherwise, in many cases, the presence of the TRRS plug will cause your phone or tablet to override the digital source, and instead of recording the pristine signal coming from your digital mic or converter, you will instead be recording from your earbuds with microphone. Trying to get your audio devices to work together can be a headache if you don’t know the difference between the connectors they use. Even then, there are so many different combinations of connection types. The SC5 is a TRS to TRS cable that comes with the Wireless GO II (not sold separately) for connecting it to cameras and other devices with a TRS input. It features a memory wire cable rather than a coiled cable like the SC2, making it easyto route around a camera.The SC11 is a TRS splitter cable for connecting two mono outputs to a single stereo input. It is particularly suitable for connecting two microphones to a camera, for example, dual Wireless GO receivers, or a Wireless GO and a VideoMic. SC15 – Lightning Accessory Cable (USB-C to Lightning) Our friends at the MOTIV team at Shure has come up with an ingenious way of combatting the error many of my friends have innocently made by plugging in their earbuds/mic —or even a high-end Bose headset with mic— with TRRS plug when they weren’t supposed to do that. Headset/Earbuds works pretty well, but Line in is converted to mono. I tried Line in (as experiment to see if I get stereo), no audio makes it to Audacity. I’m very familiar w/Audacity, know that is configured correctly. As you can see with the differentconnections listed above, it’s important to pay attention to what type of cable is required for your microphone and recording device. There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to plug in your mic and realising your cable is the wrong kind!

The SC22 is a 300mm USB-C to USB-C cable which is included with the AI-Micro. Similar to the SC16, it is suitable for connecting RØDE microphones and devices with a USB-C output to USB-C compatible devices such as smartphones or tablets. VC1 – 3.5mm TRS Extension Cable (3m) If you just want to increase the length of your TRRS cable, the PM10EC6 is the cord for you. This male to female TRRS extension cable adds 20 feet to your connection, perfect for situations where you need some distance between your phone and the device it’s plugged into. The older OMTP wiring standard calls for Tip to be used for left audio, Ring 1 to be used for right audio, ring 2 to be used for microphone, and the sleeve to be used for ground. According to my research, this older OMTP standard is found in old Nokia (and also Lumia starting from the 2nd generation), old Samsung (2012 Chromebooks), old Sony Ericsson (2010 and 2011 Xperias), Sony (PlayStation Vita) and the OnePlus One I used to own before migrating to a Nexus 6 for use with Project Fi. Splitters are useful when it’s not enough to connect just one device to your smartphone. Thankfully, Movo has you covered with our range of TRRS Y-splitters. The TCB1 plugs into your smartphone with a TRRS connector, but branches out into 3.5mm TRS inputs for both mics and headphones.

Save US$20 on Google Fi, my favorite mobile telephony and data service

Most microphones have either a 3.5mm, USB or XLR audio output (or a combination of these)for connectingthemto different devices. Mic in; Line in; Headphones (then Earbuds; On-ear; over-ear); Headset (with same 3 options above); External Speakers. You often require a slimmer connection to the headphone output on your recording device. The cable adapter accommodates headphones (which may or may not include a microphone, and maybe TRS or TRRS) with larger connectors and allows them to plug into the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, even through many cases. I saw that regarding TRRS, there are different wiring standards with ground and mic/video inverted, still, normally left channel should be wired to the tip and right channel to the first ring, is that correct? A Telephone Exchange operator in Richardson, Texas, circa 1900. (Public domain photo. Thanks to Nathan Beach, the Richardson Public Library local history archives, and the Richardson Historical and Genealogical Society.)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop