Lola Reads to Leo (Leo Can!)

Lola Reads to Leo (Leo Can!)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Characters getting pulled over by the same police officer and their cars towed (Lola, Daffy, Porky, even Bugs). Jacqueline has created powerful characters who allow you to see the heartfelt subject in more perspectives then one. I feel like children reading this who may be going through this at home will be able to realise that they are not alone and there are people for them to talk to throughout their journey. Also, if you, like me, were wondering if Celestine/Dikembe was based off an actual historical figure, read the afterword.

Mother Nature, my Spirit Guide, Guardian Angels, and Spirits of the Earth, I ask for your help and guidance. Salah satu anak yang tidak beruntung itu adalah Jayni, yang memiliki ayah yang begitu ringan tangan dan gemar memukul ibunya. After checking out a horde of books, the family arrives back home to get ready, but Lola is the only member who hasn't checked out a book, saying that reading is "boring.

With the unexpected challenges thrown at Lola Rose, she was forced to grow up and fend for herself and her brother. Domestic violence affects thousands of families, and it is captured sensitively in this book through the eyes of a young child. At the beginning of the book, Lola Rose states the she prefers to live in a caravan with purple velvet fitted sofas and matching purple curtains appose to a “great big mansion” I found this interesting for her to state as most of us would crave the opposite.

Whilst the subject of cancer is very much a side issue and not the main theme discussed I feel like it was an important one to include which was done sensitively and very well. The author doesn't get too graphic or go into detail, and the worst stuff is hinted at, but it's still disturbing and upsetting.The author's prologue suggests that the book is mostly about the cancer, but that's not the case at all.

As a child the themes weren't as obvious to me and were in fact very subtle, however as an adult their purpose and importance screamed out to me. If you're a Librarian and want to process requests, please refer to our Librarian Manual to ensure edits are performed in line with Goodreads policies. Of course, Jaye still allowed us to see how such things affected him: mainly his inability to open up. Overall, this was just a really great thriller/historical fiction/lit-fic hybrid and I'm SO glad I randomly took a chance on it. Lincoln attempts to take the blame to spare Lola, but Lola decides to step in, admitting to the rest of the family that she had trouble with reading before, but with Lincoln's help, she realizes that reading is not as hard as she thought it was, and now she has a newfound interest.Daffy, however, states that he thought those forms were the test, so the clerk points out that it was the application, then hands him a study guide. One goblin gets his hand stuck in a pickle jar, another flies off in a huff after losing the Hanukkah game of dreidel. Jayni is a really strong character, and I have to say I can relate to her at that age more than I'd perhaps like to.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop