Unearthed

Unearthed

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Johnny Cash’s much-acclaimed box set of primarily unreleased material, Unearthed, is to be reissued as a nine-album vinyl box set. There is just one thing that I don't like but it's not related to the music itself: the design of the folder that holds the discs. Unearthed is divided into five thematic sections (it was a five-CD set) with Who’s Gonna Cry focusing on acoustic solo recordings, Trouble In Mind slanted towards electric performances (this section features some guest performances from the likes of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Carl Perkins) and Redemption Songs another acoustic collection, with duets with Joe Strummer, Fiona Apple, Nick Cave and Glen Campbell. Particularly on the first CD, starting with a powerful performance of ''Long Black Veil'' this feels like a one man journey through the history of American song. The first three discs feature outtakes and alternate versions of songs recorded for American Recordings, American II: Unchained, American III: Solitary Man and American IV: The Man Comes Around.

Best of Cash On American offers a memorable 15-song selection of highlights from Cash's first four albums with Rubin. Who's Gonna Cry focuses on acoustic solo recordings, and finds Cash revisiting several classic songs from his legendary catalog.

Comes with a very handy, entertaining and interesting little book; quite informative and full of cool facts from that era.

But even if I had also purchased My Mother's Hymn Book as a standalone, the three other CDs are more than worth the money. There's a live version of ''Bird On A Wire'' with gorgeous strings which is better than the original. Devil's Right Hand" was previously recorded by Cash with the Highwaymen for the 1995 album The Road Goes on Forever. For example, there's an incredible version of The Devil's Right Hand, a song recorded by the Highwaymen in the mid-90s, but Cash's sparse version, accompanied only by an electric guitar, is by far the superior performance. The set was originally planned to celebrate Cash and Rubin's decade of recording together, and the final mixes had been sent to Cash, but he passed away before receiving them.

My Mother's Hymn Book demonstrates Cash's lifelong affinity for gospel music, encompassing 15 time-honored gospel standards. Note: All tracks previously released, although "Thirteen" features an additional verse that was omitted from its original album release. But this just means that the likes of ''A Singer Of Songs'' and ''Hard Times'' become almost unbearably poignant. Through their inconsistencies and quirks (and, more often than not, brilliance), they shed light on how Cash's final records were shaped, edited and produced. If you're a fan you SHOULD get this, and if like I you praise Cash's American Recordings era is mandatory to own it.

Cinque stelle, anche se nel complesso il cofanetto è inferiore ai precedenti 6 LP (o cd) American Recordings dai quali trae un po' di materiale. Irrespective of the source, all of our collectables meet our strict grading and are 100% guaranteed. In addition to the 4 other albums of American Recordings and the many fine collections of his earlier material, Unearthed is a treasure trove for devotees and new acolytes alike. One book holds the nine vinyl records while the other is a 60-page coffee table book which contains Sylvie Simmons’ sleeve notes, Cash and Rubin’s comments on every track and plenty of photos from the recording sessions. This is newly compiled half-speed mastered limited edition and contains 20 hits including Folsom Prison Blues and I Walk The Line.This set claims to have all unreleased recordings when Rubin took Cash under his wing (except disc 5 which is a compilation of the most known tracks from the A. Condition - This item is in Excellent condition or better (unless it says otherwise in the above description). The 9 Lp's are dirty with light blemish, light scuffs and they play all with a light background noise between tracks.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop