Spiro Men's Quick Dry Waterproof Short Sleeve T-Shirt

Spiro Men's Quick Dry Waterproof Short Sleeve T-Shirt

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Gill Marine’s shirt ranges includes items for both men and women, as well as short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts in a host of different colours.

British Olympic sailor Keith Musto developed this technical outdoor clothing brand because he was tired of getting drenched out at sea wearing sweaters and flannel trousers. The brand claims to test its products in ‘hostile environments’, and the approach is clearly working. Owners raved about the excellent fit and top-quality waterproof design. It’s no wonder it came joint second in our survey.Beat the heat with our collection of fishing caps and hats. These are essential to protect you from harmful UV rays and keep your focus sharp. Crafted with breathable materials, our caps and hats ensure comfort even during the longest fishing sessions. Fishing T-Shirts and Fishing Hoodies

The final results were impressive: Even a complete soaking had no impact on the material; it was ready to defend itself against all levels of wetting, and the breathability felt as good as new when hiking afterward. For the outdoors person wanting a little extra refinement in high-performance rain wear, we’ve produced the Wapiti Coat from a soft, three layered AEGIS® fabric. The stylish unisex Wapiti coat is just as at home in the top of the Landsborough as it is watching the footy. You may sometimes get dark spots due to excess wax, but that shouldn’t be a problem if you prefer a distressed look. We liked the generous pit-zips and the outer material, which feels really durable. The Torrentshell is flattering, too, and available in attractive colours. Plus, Patagonia’s ethical credentials are some of the best in the business, and its manufacturing process has a minimal environmental impact. Our only negative was the hood, which feels a bit too boxy and roomy.Had I waterproofed them, I would not have had this problem. How Do I Waterproof T-shirts? Method 1: Use a waterproofing spray for cotton This method worked best for me, and it’s actually my go-to method whenever I need to make my T-shirts waterproof.

Constructed from 100% Cordura Nylon, the all new Venatu Trousers offer the best in design and functionality. This is an aerosol product, and you must take extra care not to breathe in the vapors when spraying (the bottle even recommends you don’t allow children or pets near the spray or wet items). There is also a strong chemical smell. We tested in a well-ventilated breezeway and still had to step away for a few minutes after spraying the boots each time. The scent did linger longer than on some of the other products—even after the recommended 24 to 48 hours of drying time—but it eventually faded with time and wear. Especially if you are applying to a tent, for example, you’ll want to allow some time for the item to air out before use.This product is specially formulated to restore the water-repellent coat of outdoor fabrics. It has a low impact on the environment, so that’s another advantage. The perfect waterproofing product makes your gear feel like new—waterproof and breathable again, with no negative changes to the material. That’s precisely what Grangers Performance Repel Plus, a non-aerosol spray from the British brand, did for an older pair of rain pants that were wetting out. In fact, the waterproofing on these pants was better after applying this spray than it was before.

We tried the wash on a down blanket, which before testing, allowed water to slip through the outer shell immediately, leading to a few damp, chilly nights while camping, and we found the water resistance of that outer layer much improved after its wash and dry cycle. The blanket was nice and fluffy after testing, and there was no change to the color or texture of the exterior. It’s still not a fully waterproof item—it wasn’t designed to be—and we’ll do our best not to soak it intentionally, but now we're less worried about it accidentally getting a little wet. As you can see, apart from the obvious main advantage of being liquid repellent, a waterproof T-shirt is also stain-proof. A great analogy we like to use is you wouldn’t wax a dirty car so you wouldn’t waterproof a dirty item,” Allen explains. “While the waterproofing is the cool part of it all because you can see the beading, people forget that cleaning is the first, most important step in the waterproofing process.” Whether looking for casual shirts or seeking something that little bit more formal, the Gill shirts range has an option available to you. Our designs balance comfort and sophistication, allowing you to find your ideal shirt safe in the knowledge it will stand up to the task at hand. Lastly, we considered the cost and environmental issues like aerosol and PFCs. We wanted to ensure we tested and considered sprays in a range of costs and included sprays that are easy on the planet and people using the product.

While I haven’t personally used this method, I read that some have satisfactory results. So, all you need to do is put your t-shirts in the washing machine and add Grangers Clothing Wash and Repel detergent. Other products in our excellent shirt range include the brilliant Saltash t-shirt with the Gill name front and centre. We also offer Helford polos for women, which is made with breathable pique fabric that helps the shirt remain lightweight, comfortable and suitable for active leisure use. Now, apply heat to the entire surface of the T-shirt again to make sure that the wax has covered all the hard-to-reach areas. It’s time to let the T-shirt dry for a few days.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop