Born Free

Born Free

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Perhaps never before over a similar period has the life history of an animal been documented in greater detail by hundreds of photographs, over one hundred of which form the illustrations of this book.

George later realized the lioness was just protecting her cubs, which were found nearby in a rocky crevice. Fifty years ago Joy Adamson first introduced to the world the story of her life alongside Elsa the lioness, whom she had rescued as an orphaned cub, and raised at her home in Kenya.

She does towards the end say The longer I live among animals the more I want to help them and the more I believe that in helping them we also help man, for if we exterminate all the wild animals we shall upset the balance of creation of which we ourselves are a part (p.

Name to fly-leaf, spine concave with some creases and scuff along rear edge of spine, some darkening to pages else good tidy and unmarked. The main thing I took away from this is the fact that you can't help but fall in love with Elsa and the other lions throughout. Since the first publication of Born Free and its sequels Living Free and Forever Free, generations of readers have been enchanted, inspired and moved by these books' uplifting charm and the remarkable interaction between Joy and Elsa.She was raised by Joy Adamson and eventually the decision was made to rehabilitate Elsa into the wild.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop