MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal (M169)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Update: Customer safety and and changes to service. (Updated 03/09/21) 12/05/2020 The carbon copy is such that improving the settings only a little further will lead to even better results with respect to the sound potential.

Anyway, here’s the list – you can sort the list by either the original or the clone too. I hope it proves useful in your search for new effects to try! UPDATEI’ve talked elsewhere ( here and here) about Carbon copy repairs and the ESD issue that causes the problem. I’m just going to take a moment to discuss the symptoms that show the problem in the carbon copy pedal. The Carbon Copy Deluxe Analog Delay adds a bevy of new features to fine-tune the warm, organic sound that has made the original the bestselling analog delay in the world. With extended delay time—now up to 1.2s—and tap tempo functionality, you now have more control over your Carbon Copy repeats than ever. The Tap Division feature, with an easy-to-read status display, gives you four different subdivisions: dotted 8ths, 8ths, triplets, and 16ths. If you feel abject terror when you look upon a behemothic multi-footswitch delay pedal with a thousand onboard presets, full MIDI connectivity and knobs for wash, spin, rinse and dry, the simple-to-use MXR Carbon Copy could be for you. Another thing, the oscillation you can get out of this pedal is absolutely wonderful! I've experienced musically heavenly intros and outros just by using it as an oscillation machine!

The straight-forward layout of Regen, Mix, and Delay controls on the Carbon Copy provide an extremely open-ended array of delay tones to work with. Regen controls the number of repeats in the delay signal, while Delay controls the time between each repeat. The Mix knob adjusts the level of dry and delayed signal going to the output. The Carbon Copy Analog Delay will take you from crisp bathroom slap echoes to epic, voluminous soundscapes with minimal adjustment required. The Carbon Copy Deluxe also has a subdivision control which means you can split the repeats into dotted 8th, 8th, 16th notes or even triplets.

The best delay pedals in 2023 at a glance:

Modulation width and speed can be adjusted since there are present 2 internal trim pots solely for this purpose Sound-wise the pedal does everything you would expect of an analogue delay, including the regen knob that sets off self-oscillation for dub and spacey effects when turned past midnight. This poorly delay pedal repair had the same problem as this MXR repair job from last year. This is a known ESD fault with Carbon copy delay pedals ‘of a certain age’.

The carbon copy comes with plenty of controls to adjust the quality of the sound produced by the guitar. With some amazing and cool features, this appliance adds life to the song played on it by turning and twisting only a few knobs on the guitar. These knobs and buttons can be pushed and high-quality sound can be created. Tap division feature with 4 subdivisions: dotted 8th, 8th, triplet, and 16th and an easy-to-read status display

Speaking of overkill: at the start of this list we joked about the do-it-all, absurdly complex delay pedal. This is that pedal. The Meris LVX is a modular delay system, in that it lets you build a delay sound from discrete processing elements. If every other delay pedal has left you wanting, the LVX will let you dive down a rabbit hole filled with modulation, pitch shifting, ping-ponging and much, much more. Not only do you get those lush, analogue delay repeats but you also have plenty of control over how those repeats come out. With a bright switch for more top-end (if you want the delays to cut through the mix) and a modulation switch which adds a chorusy tone to your repeats. This gives it that true 60s and 70s delay vibe. First things first: The Carbon Copy is far beyond what I imagined it would be like to work with. (FYI this was my first real delay pedal ever. Thus far, I had only digital substitutes.) The signal path of the carbon copy is all-analog making it a must-choice for individuals looking for an over-the-top quality music sound If you haven’t already, be sure to read our original Carbon Copy review to get familiar with the pedal, as we’ll mostly just be covering the differences between the two in this article, rather than covering the same ground twice.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop