KEEN Women's Targhee 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots

KEEN Women's Targhee 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I love how protected and comfortable my feet feel in them. The grip is also a stand-out point for me. What I don’t love so much about the Keen Targhee III Hiking Shoes These modifications in Targhee III provide superior traction, stability and water resistance; but they also cause it to sacrifice some comfort and support in return. The Targhee lll’s feel clunky and more like work boots. I have several pair of steel toed work boots and these feel very similar. They are too restrictive for my feet. I also find them to be a much hotter boot with less breathability. The 3’s were also much stiffer than my 2’s out of the box and took more break in time.

Keen Targhee III Mid Review | Tested by GearLab Keen Targhee III Mid Review | Tested by GearLab

The Targhee III, however, does succeed in trimming down the cut of the boot somewhat. It still fits on the wide end of the spectrum, but our size 12 was snugger overall and the toe box felt more proportional to the rest of the boot. We still don’t recommend the Targhee III for those with narrow feet, but it should work well for medium to wide feet and those who don’t mind a little extra room. And for those with really wide feet, the Keen Targhee III is offered in a wide version. With a verified weight of 2.26 pounds for a US men's size 11, the Targhee III Low is not the heaviest shoe in this review but is far from the lightest. Keen is not claiming that this is a lightweight hiking shoe; rather, it is a rugged hiking shoe designed with durability in mind. That has been achieved to a large degree, and so the almost half-pound weight difference between this pair and the lightest hiking shoes in our review is not nearly as much of a red flag as it may seem at first glance. Durability As the Targhees are not especially lightweight when it comes to hiking shoes, they actually provide decent stability at the ankles, despite their low cut. The chunky soles and midsoles really help with this. As does the heel-capture system which has TPU injected into it for greater stability. At 2 pounds 2.8 ounces, the Keen Targhee III falls into our “lightweight” hiking boot category. In use, the Targhee III feels light on the foot, and we experienced no fatigue or feelings of clunkiness that sometimes occurs with heavier boots. For comparison, the Merrell Moab 2 Mid WP is slightly heavier at 2 pounds 4 ounces, although that boot offers more in the way of stability (more on that below). Others in this category, including the Oboz Bridger Mid BDry (2 lbs. 6 oz.) and Vasque Talus AT UltraDry (2 lbs. 3 oz.) also slightly outweigh the Keen. Salomon’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX is lighter at 1 pound 15.7 ounces, but that boot is less protective underfoot. And for a burlier option for challenging trails and longer days, the midweight category features heavy hitters like the Lowa Renegade (2 lbs. 7 oz.) and Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX (2 lbs. 13.2 oz.), both of which are considerably more expensive than the Keen.Keen.Dry waterproofing is serviceable but falls short of Gore-Tex. Therefore, moisture buildup can be issue when hiking for extended periods in warm conditions (the non-waterproof Vent model may be the better choice in those situations). Now I’m debating on another set of Targhee ll’s or the Voyager? Mid height or trail shoe style?? Day hikes, over nighters in the great state of Michigan mostly.. I have and do own both the 2 and the 3 in the mid hiker style. The 2’s were by far the best fitting and comfortable hiking boots I have ever (Yes Ever) owned. There’s also ample padding around the ankle to provide comfort, though nothing out of the ordinary in terms of plushness. Laces

KEEN | Cotswold Outdoor KEEN | Cotswold Outdoor

The Targhee line is known to have a wide fit, and particularly in the toe box. When testing the Targhee II previously, we were not huge fans of the fit. Our tester had a standard-sized foot if not slightly on the wide end, and although the heel and middle section of the boot felt normal, he was swimming in the toe box. This most certainly adds to the comfort element of the boot and may not be an issue for easy day hiking, but if you’re really pushing your footwear, a ton of roominess is not a desirable feature.

Keen Targhee III Hiking Shoes review

The leather uppers, combined with the KEEN.Dry membrane, offer excellent waterproofness that hasn’t let me down so far. Versatility I'd recommend the Targhee II Waterproof[ Men's- Men's Wide- Women's] for casual use and the Targhee III Waterproof MID[ Men's- Men's Wide- Women's] for hiking out in the nature. If you'll be doing both, then I'd recommend Targhee II Waterproof MID[ Men's- Men's Wide- Women's]. What about EXP and VENT adaptations? The Keen Targhee III WP Mid features a burly rubber toe cap that we appreciated on multiple occasions while not paying close enough attention to the trail. It’s more substantial than the Merrell Moab and most other lightweight boots, extending all the way to the base of the toes. In terms of ankle protection, the Targhee III is a mid-height boot, and Keen added a patch of extra padding right around the ankle area. On our boots, we can see a number of scuff marks around the ankle, which means the padding was well placed and doing its job. I would say that they run big for their size. I usually wear a 4.5 (UK women’s) which tend to feel snug. However, the Keen 4.5’s don’t feel snug at all. I could even go down to a size 4. Despite this, the shoes have remained comfortable. The laces draw in the shoes tightly in seemingly all the right places. On the down hills I feel a little movement forwards in the shoes. But this is minimal and also surprising considering how spacious they feel lengthways. Grip and stability

Keen Targhee III Waterproof Hiking Shoes - Cool of Review: Keen Targhee III Waterproof Hiking Shoes - Cool of

Targhee EXP: The upper material is predominately mesh (synthetic), with leather trim to the collar for added comfort and durability.

Sustainable Odor Control

All that said, I want to live, so I’m looking for a miracle boot with significant room in the toe box AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the most comfortable/soft/forgiving/cloud-like padding for the balls of my feet. (Keen boots or otherwise, regardless of the price.) I’ll happily compromise stability—hiking at the pace of a careful geriatric—for the pain relief of such gift from the podiatric heavens. Otherwise, all bets all are off. My wife will walk out of the canyon alone and into a healthy life insurance payout. Thanks again for posting this research and for any clarification you can provide about your findings. Unfortunately, a few years into my love affair with my first Targhee’s, we had to part ways. We’d spent a romantic evening by a campfire (my Targhee’s and I), and things literally got a little too steamy. I put my Targhee clad feet too close to the fire and managed to melt the sides of one of them. The big old bumpers protected my toes from the flames wonderfully. Too well, perhaps, as I couldn’t feel the heat from the fire! The footbed provides excellent arch support via an internal support mechanism. This is designed to cradle the natural contours of the foot.

Keen Shoes: sale up to −63% | Stylight Keen Shoes: sale up to −63% | Stylight

Features of the Keen Targhee III Hiking Shoes Outsoles With 4mm deep lugs that have a multi-directional tread pattern, the outsoles provide superb traction and grip on even steep and challenging terrain. The super grippy KEEN All-Terrain rubber also helps with this. The uppers are made from leather that is sourced from an LWG-certified tannery. This means that it is environmentally preferable compared with regular leather. The leather is also treated with a PFC-free DWR (durable water repellent) coating. Internally, the uppers are lined with KEEN.Dry which is a waterproof and breathable membrane that performs in a similar way to Gore-Tex. Cushioning Disclaimer: Cool of the Wild received this product free in return for an honest review. We only recommend gear that we love from companies we trust and we are under no obligation to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are that of the reviewer and we are in no way influenced by the brand or company. I am 185 lbs and have a wide 9.5 – 10 trail boot size. The 2’s in standard width fit perfect with plenty of wiggle room for the toes without having to size up to a clown shoe in length. The Targhee III is a revamped version of the Targhee II. Handles most terrains, is more streamlined, less bulky, and has a more flexible sole (more like an athletic shoe). It has a bit less volume in the toe and has a little bit narrower fit than the Targhee II. Runs true to size. The Targhee III Mid weighs 15.4 oz per shoe.

Learn More About Outdoor Gear

The mid-top boot has ample cushioning around the ankle, so there is no noticeable pressure on the ankle bones like we felt on some of its rivals in our hiking boots review, but this boot did not have the high-end comfort found in the Editors' Choice Award-winning boot.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop