The Audacity: Why Being Too Much Is Exactly Enough: The Sunday Times bestseller

The Audacity: Why Being Too Much Is Exactly Enough: The Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I’m often asked how I developed my lurid level of courage and assurance and for tips on how others can match. Detailing Katherine's journey from a naive ex-Hooters waitress fresh off the boat from Canada to comedy megastar, chapters will cover How to Potty Train Your Baby at 10 Months, How to Cut Off Your Racist Aunties, How to Marry Your High School Boyfriend and How to Co-Parent when you're a Single Mum.

Katherine Ryan: The Audacity - Funny Women Katherine Ryan: The Audacity - Funny Women

I had a checklist of surgeries, all part of my plan for becoming a nice girl who’s pretty and tanned. She forced herself to say out loud the elements of her life she was grateful for, and then, “I just slowly moved forward in baby steps until one day I kind of looked around and was like, ‘Oh my gosh, we’re safe.She was sick that someone had lost their daughter, and in such a violent attack, but she didn’t seem overly shocked. Her cover photo, shot when she was nine months pregnant, sees Ryan lucent and blonde in an ice-blue gown trimmed with marabou feathers, holding aloft in her left hand her favourite of her three tiny dogs. I’m a big fan of Katherine Ryan, I was even lucky enough to see her live once (her sexy geordie baby impression lives on in my head) so I was fairly sure I would enjoy this but wow, I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did.

The Audacity by Katherine Ryan | WHSmith

How audacious is that I can always take a joke, I don't waste time worrying about things I can't control, and I have zero anxiety. I also want to empower people, and I think I do that for a lot of women’: Katherine Ryan wears dress by Roksanda Selfridges (selfridges. I was working at Hooters and making lots of money and going to the Playboy Mansion, then all of a sudden, though I’m lucky enough not to be considered an immigrant, I’m a foreign, destitute, single mother. The Uvalde shooting had happened and my book about raising kids just felt a bit too heartbreaking to read, so I thought a chapter or two of Katherine Ryan would tide me over and I would do my usual trick of leisurely reading a non-fiction book over a period of weeks or months. Her latest stand-up show, Glitter Room, had a four-week sold-out run at London's Garrick Theatre following a sell-out nationwide tour.People "know" my on-stage comedy persona or my scripted ballsy characters and wrongly assume that I must stomp around all day in designer dresses eviscerating those who dare to cross my path. The instant bestseller from the star of Netflix's The Duchess, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Your Face or Mine and host of All That Glitters. She has been a stalwart on all the UK's major panel show s and has co-hosted six series of Your Face or Mine, alongside judging four series of Roast Battle for Comedy Central.

The Audacity: Why Being Too Much Is Exactly Enough by The Audacity: Why Being Too Much Is Exactly Enough by

I love Katherine's humur and comedy, so I was really happy that she decided to shine some light on her life. Really refreshing to have a woman in the public eye talk so honestly (and hilariously) about her life, mistakes and triumphs without really caring what anyone thinks. From the star of Netflix's The Duchess and host of 'Telling Everybody Everything' 'I've come to accept that being audacious is a gift I can't escape.For the most part, I thought it was a interesting and very honest autobiography, but I found there were some cheap jokes and at times it was a bit boring. Particularly enjoyed her reflections about a string of ‘diabolical’ male partners and sexism within the comedy industry. She grew up far more concerned with being liked than she is now, but the years have thickened her skin, or better, taught her how to prioritise opinions. I decided that night in our kitchen that I should be very frightened of men and that rejecting one would be more than just a painful hassle.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop