British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15% abv , 50 cl,WHBCASS50

£9.9
FREE Shipping

British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15% abv , 50 cl,WHBCASS50

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Cover bowl with a tea towel and leave for 48 hours, just stir each time you come in to the kitchen. Take care of the fruit first. Carefully wash the currants, remove petioles and twigs, and put them to dry on a clean cloth. When they are scorched, then transfer the fruits to an airtight container. Remember that the vase must also be perfectly dry and clean. If they are recently frozen I wouldn’t imagine it would make a difference Erica. If they’d been in the freezer long enough to get frosty, I would defrost and drain before using so as not to dilute the preserving nature of the alcohol.

Crème de cassis recipe | delicious. magazine Crème de cassis recipe | delicious. magazine

I’ve always sterilised mine in hot soapy water then they go in the Aga oven for half an hour. I always remove the rubber rings first of course. It wouldn’t make any difference to this liqueur if you put it into a warm jar to start with. I have been making Creme de Cassis for years (one of the best ways to use up the annual glut), using a variety of recipes – all based on vodka, though I finally settled on one similar to Jane’s. Here are my observations: To mash the berries, I use the immersion mixer. I have tried hand mashing, but found it takes a lot of effort, does not mash the berries as well, and does not seem to affect the taste. The lady doing the distilling is very good, and all is charcoal filtered. I prune her trees and and do the grafting,she supplies the hooch. There are no limits when you have talent in the neighbourhood.

More to discover

Marianski, Stanley; Marianski, Adam (September 2012). Home Production of Vodkas, Infusions & Liqueurs. Bookmagic LLC. p.265. ISBN 978-0-9836973-4-3. At this point you can move the jar to somewhere dark and cool. Over teh next few weeks the alcohol will extract all the colour, flavour and scent from the fruit. Squish out the juice. Really messy so wear rubber gloves. You will look like you have butchered a pig when you do this, definately one to scare the neighbours!

Finest British Cassis Blackcurrant Liqueur - Perfect for Finest British Cassis Blackcurrant Liqueur - Perfect for

Usually this is served as an aperitif before a meal. Traditionally it is served as a Kir, which means you just use the cassis and top up with dry white wine. I wondered whether I could use something other than vodka and searched the internet. Plenty suggested gin but I knew what I wanted as soon as I found your artcle. Brandy sounds so much more inviting than vodka or gin. I’m going to make a few Lts using a good quality brandy and see how much of a difference it makes. Once the syrup is cold, add it to the currants, mix well, and filter the liquid before proceeding to the filling. In this way, you can eliminate any residues and obtain an even more fine liqueur. To do this, use a tightly meshed sieve placed inside the funnel or filter paper or cotton wool, which will retain impurities. Storage Duplais, Pierre; Duplais, Pierre Jr. (1871). A Treatise on the Manufacture and Distillation of Alcoholic Liquors. Philadelphia: H. C. Baird. p.518.

Confirmation

Michael Thomas, You can freeze some and add them to an apple pie etc. They have lost a lot of their flavour but it still works. When giving it as a gift, tell the recipients to sip, not chug – it is too good and too strong for chugging.

Easy Homemade Cassis: a Delicious Blackcurrant Liqueur

Crème de Cassis d'Anjou at giffard.com". Archived from the original on 6 October 2011 . Retrieved 3 July 2011.Traditionally cassis is made with brandy, but you could make an equally delicious liqueur by swapping the brandy with vodka.

Blackcurrant Liqueur Recipe - allotment-garden.org Blackcurrant Liqueur Recipe - allotment-garden.org

They aren’t quite sweet enough to scoff straight from the bush like the strawberries or raspberries. Finally, you will want to mix the vodka and squash together in a ratio of about 2:1. So, for every two ounces of vodka, you will want to use one ounce of squash. It is advisable to use relatively large glass containers with airtight closure for this phase. It is also advisable to keep them in a calm and dark place. You can add some spice to the flavor, such as cloves or a vanilla bean, and use 90 ° alcohol or even lower alcoholic strengths. Maceration lasts about 2 months. How To Prepare Currants: Some Crush And Those Who Do Not! The quality of crème de cassis depends upon the variety of fruit used, the content of the berries, and the production process. [ clarification needed] Origin and production [ edit ]To be honest I just use a basic bordeaux for this. Whatever red wine you would normally enjoy. Hope this helps. Top up the jar with any alcohol you have in the cupboard, ie Brandy, Whisky, Gin, Vodka, White rum etc etc. (I have used mead (given to us) Ouzo (from Greece) even Sherry if I had nothing else!!!). Use some of your home grown fruit to make your own supply of fruit drinks, both soft and alcoholic.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop