Leatherman LM Multitool FREE P4 sr | 832642

Leatherman LM Multitool FREE P4 sr | 832642

RRP: £89.00
Price: £44.5
£44.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The advances don’t stop there. Instead of the sometimes frustrating thumb pull tabs commonly used on multi tools Leatherman included a magnetic release system. This allows you to easily fan out the tools on either handle of the Free P4 and choose the one you need. It is sold with a gray nylon case, although depending on how and when you (or the person you are buying it for) will use it, it may spend more time out of its case and clipped on to a belt or bag using the integrated belt clip (which can also be removed if you don’t want to use it). If your multi-tool use includes a lot of driving screws, choose the Center Drive Plus. It is the best tool we know of for that purpose. Otherwise, it's more average as a general multi-tool. The rattly construction holds up well but doesn't instill high confidence. The pliers are more prone to pinching than more sophisticated options, and accessing tools other than the blade, pliers, and bit driver requires multiple steps. There are a few things worth noting on the FREE that users may or may not like. For starters, the pliers are not spring-action, so you will open and close them manually as needed. I prefer spring-action pliers, but this isn’t a deal-breaker.

The only part [the FREE] shares with anything else is the wire-cutting inserts for the jaw and the jaw rivet,” said design engineer Adam Lazenby. “The moral of the story is that this tool has the most original content since the very first Leatherman tool.” If you’re already on the prowl for a new multi tool though you should seriously consider the Free P4. This exceptional product is equipped with almost every imaginable tool, organized and optimized for compact function Rev 4: Added top-spring catches, allowing the tool to fit in any which way. . Having issues because there is only a blade on one side of the tool, so the other side can twist outwards, making the holster feel looseThe pliers, wire cutters, and electrical crimper on the Free P4 are the only carryover from Leatherman’s previous line of products. They contain both needlenose tips and a regular plier below them.

We wish the main blade were not serrated. Yes, a serrated edge cuts a few things a little better than a straight edge. But that serrated edge suffers or completely fails to cut other things, especially when it is dulled. Once dull, a serrated edge is more difficult to sharpen, whereas the included sharpener on the Signal could be used to resurface an entirely straight-edged blade. The inclusion of a serrated portion on the blade seems like a marketing move more than a practical one. The Signal is unique and functional. It isn't too huge or too clumsy to use. With it, Leatherman comes another step closer to abandoning their proprietary bit driver interface. They built in the expected "squashed" bit driver, but they also included a standard 1/4 inch drive bit holder. We like this. The standard bit holder isn't oriented in an ideal fashion, but it is better than nothing. For survivalists looking for a multi-tool designed with bushcraft in mind, while also functional around the home, the Signal is a great piece of gear to add to the kit. Someone would send in their tool for a blade replacement or minor repair. And they almost always asked us to fix it, but not mess it up — because they had the tool broken in just the way they like it.” We’re big fans of substantial scissors on a multi tool and the Free P4 doesn’t disappoint here either. It provides a large pair of spring action scissors that showcase the same epic haptics Leatherman is so proud of. Not since the PST have we had such a large introduction of new technology and new learnings that we had to implement in one tool,” Leatherman product manager Jeremy Rodriguez told me on my recent trip to the brand’s headquarters. This is rev 7 of my holster design. Each revision is 3D printed on a FDM machine to test fit and work out any issues.This one really comes down to your own personal preference. If you want possibly the most rugged and capable multi tool on Earth you should go for the Surge. If you’re wowed by the next gen functionality of the P4 it’s a great option to go with. Conclusion – Final Thoughts On the Leatherman Free P4 The Leatherman FREE P4 is advertised as the most advanced multi-purpose tool ever made! So we were curious to get hold of one, find out what makes it such a great multi-tool, and share our thoughts in this Leatherman FREE P4 review. Rev 3: Tried adding some top catches, to fit into cutouts near pliers. (didn't work well) Realized I can open the middle of the holster for a cooler look.. Recently, fellow IFMGA mountain guide Jeff Dobronyi joined the review team. Jeff's busy outdoor lifestyle requires having the right tool for the job, whether that's repairing ski gear or mountain bike components in the field or doing repairs, or slicing food at home. Leatherman has been the undisputed king of the multi tool world for decades. They’ve kept this position by constantly pushing the limits of what a multi tool is and can do.

I’ll take an extra beat to touch on the blade since it is the star of the show. I spoke with Leatherman’s design team about the choice to use MagnaCut. As with other brands, the Leatherman team agreed this steel has the most to offer most users. Its toughness will stand up to many tasks beyond its intended use, to which many users subject their blades (think prying with the blade rather than the pry bar). Finally, let’s talk magnets. Leatherman’s team worked extensively to ensure the safety of the magnets, with respect to pacemakers or unexpected “attractions.” In short, the team said they dialed in the magnets to be just powerful enough to execute the tool’s needs alone, and not strong enough to interfere with the world around it. One thing we loved about the Free P4 was the inclusion of replaceable wire cutters. As with previous multi tools Leatherman included hard-and soft-wire cutters as well as a threaded wire notch. The wire crimper is located in the jaw of the pliers as with previous Leatherman’s. Different Colors– As of right now the Free P4 is only available in stainless steel. It’s likely Leatherman will offer more color options as they work out any kinks in the Free series manufacturing process.After we played around with it for a bit we realized just how groundbreaking the Leatherman Free P4 really is. Our review will help you understand how the Free P4’s upgrades affect its functionality and whether it’s worth it to upgrade your own EDC multi tool. On to the basics. The Free P4 is a 4.25 inch long, 8.6 oz multi tool. This puts it firmly in the full size to heavy duty class of multi tools and gives it substantial capabilities. Leatherman Free P4 Tools A small-bit driver marked one of my favorite implements here and is great for sunglasses or small electronics. The rest of the implements should look familiar to any Leatherman faithful: replaceable wire cutters, crimper, pliers, awl, saw, file, and more. (Photo/Adam Ruggiero) You may notice the P4 looks odd in the image, that is because there are four orientations on top of each other. In most respects the Free P4 and P2 are nearly identical. They’re both 4.25 inches long and are just one ounce apart in weight. The P4 has 21 tools while the P2 only has 19. You give up the saw and the second knife blade but otherwise have an identical tool loadout. They’re also priced very close to one another.

Lazenby did tell me that there was one unexpected benefit in certain instances. When working around metal shavings, an open tool will collect shavings near the base of the handle. According to Lazenby, this proved fortunate, as it drew shavings away from the implements’ pivot points and made them easier to dispose of. I have not tested this, however. Leatherman FREE Buying Tips Leatherman FREE (left) is 10% lighter than the Wave (right) The Free P4 is manufactured in the USA from Stainless Steel with a hardened 420HC Stainless Steel blade. It offers a superb combination of 21 tools and is an ideal if not essential piece of equipment for almost any job or adventure. Tools As I noted above, the FREE carries with it a novelty that’s hard to resist playing with. While it’s not as dramatic (or menacing) as a butterfly knife, the one-handed action is unlike any other multi I’ve used. I’m not a fan of fidget spinners — waste of money if you ask me. But after using Leatherman’s new FREE multitool (launching this month), I can certainly see some of the appeal.

Value

But the FREE is unlike any other multitool I’ve used — certainly unlike any Leatherman. Although it looks like the iconic Leatherman (stainless steel shine and trademark pliers-centric construction), it carries in its guts years of engineering research, testing, and ground-up redesigns.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop