Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom

Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Professor Malegapuru Makgoba had been a diligent chairman, dedicating Thursdays to signing documents. Pravin Gordhan, Minister of Public Enterprises, comes across in the book as understanding the issues, but reluctant to take action on a number of core matters, out of loyalty to the ANC. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report.

Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom (Trade Paperback) Truth to Power: My Three Years Inside Eskom (Trade Paperback)

I told my team that the last time I had operated in this fashion was when I was an assistant manager at Sasol. In the vacant office of the Eskom chairman, I told Gordhan and Mufamadi what the investigators had unearthed, but paused before dropping the biggest bombshell – the fact that two high-ranking politicians had been implicated. SARS checks my materials invoices when I make something to find my profit and tax me accordingly … if they were never actually manufactured then logic would say there would be no proof of the materials used in the manufacture or for that matter a factory producing these fake spares …. On a tour of a Japanese power station, De Ruyter says he was given white gloves and says that he could have eaten off the floor. According to Makgoba, Gordhan may have tacitly greenlit the operation by requesting that de Ruyter launch an investigation into Eskom as it was “besieged” at the time.Our people MUST WAKE UP and realize that a politician is not afraid of many things BUT there is one thing he is afraid of…. The book received wide media coverage in the days following its release, with several newspapers publishing extracts online. Andre De Ruyter may be unemployed after being booted from Eskom, but the controversial former CEO is laughing all the way to the bank. I really hope the DA get into power then round up all the looters and charge them in a court of law.

Truth to Power (book) - Wikipedia

Gwede Mantashe, Minister of Minerals and Energy and Ebrahim Patel, Minister of Trade and Industry are ideologues, and are openly hostile. Flaunting it was the way to go, because putting money in your bank account could attract the scrutiny of Eskom’s internal audit department, the Financial Intelligence Centre or the South African Revenue Service (SARS).He speaks highly of the National Prosecuting Authority director Shamila Batohi’s efforts to investigate and prosecute the sabotage that is a factor in what he says are one or two stages of load shedding.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop