Death on the Beach (The Retired Detectives Club Book 3)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Episodes 7 mins ago Who’s On The Talk Today: Lauralee Bell, Michael Damian (CBS Thursday November 2, 2023)

Death on the Beach (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

The other issue I had with this story was the ending. While not being completely out of the blue it felt a bit unsatisfying. I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my review. Thank you to the author, publisher and Net Galley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Second in series of detective stories set on the German Friesian islands. A girl from a fundamentalist church goes missing, and is then found dead. Her family and community close ranks ....... Lena Lorenzan and her colleagues investigate, whilst dealing with local obstructions. Any more detail would give things away. This is the second book in The Island Mystery series and readers who enjoy crime/police procedurals should put this one on their reading list. It has an interesting mix of characters, a great setting and a plot to keep you hooked right to the end. The mystery of what happened to Maria is suspenseful and the procedural elements of the book are very well done. Even when I didn’t understand some of the things Lena did in her personal life, I loved the way she handled the investigation and all the complications which arose. The investigation goes in circles for a little bit since so many of the local residents didn’t want to tell the police the truth. When everything finally comes out, it was a bit of a letdown considering the build-up throughout the book. However, I enjoyed the characters and the unique setting, and I would love to read additional books in this series.

Death on the Beach - Episodes - IMDb

On finding out this information, Boyne says: “If that’s the case it would’ve been a very peaceful death.You never feel in reading this book that it has been translated into English which demands a shout out for the work of Jozef van der Voort. Death on the Beach is a second book by German author Anna Johannsen in her Island Mystery series featuring detective Lena Lorenzen. It has been masterfully translated into the Queen’s English by Jozef Van Der Voort, whose words flow seamlessly. Like the first book it is an engaging and enjoyable read with the main crime story moving along at a good pace whilst the main characters are allowed to grow.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop